We did new sensors when I installed my CCW wheels and after a week they went dead. I guess they had been sitting on a shelf for quite some time. I don't really want to mess with the wheels again just for sensors at the risk of marking the CCW's.:Arghh:

Bill
That's what I'm afraid of as well...I'll know soon enough if mine are 1 year old or 10 years old...!

Reactions: williame3590
You can buy a tool or you can go to most tire shop, they have universal sensor that can be program to your car or they can clone yours and copy the info in the new sensors so you can switch wheels and the car wont see anything. This is what I do for customers who have winter wheels.

I have a 2002 & one of the TPMS needs to be replaced, my mechanic told me the battery in the unit (according to GM) last approx 10 yrs
He ordered a new one that was dated 2010 manufacturing date, it didn't work, sent it back. He ordered a new on manufacturing date 2011, didn't bother installing due to to date of manufacturing. He is now going to order one from GM substantially more expensive! He is of the opinion if it's been sitting on a warehouse shelf for almost 10 yrs it's not worth installing! I hadn't heard of a universal unit, if this is a effective alternative for the C5 this maybe the solution I'm looking for as the other 3 wheels are probably not long for being replaced!

hi folks i'm new here …..my C5 2002 just start driving it from the winter's sleep.
2 wheels showing showing with issues....LF showing "High Pressure"; RF showing "low pressure"....I've checked manually and It is fine.....I removed air and Left still shows at 337 and does not drop.....does this mean TPMS just needs a 'reset' ? and will this part 50448 reset it?

The TPMS relearn tool I have is the EL-50448 that operates on a 9 volt battery. I have been using this since my 2002 GM vehicles and I have used this in 10 other new GM vehicles since. Has worked for relearning without any issues.
This would be the first thing I would do as the relearn process would involve the least amount of work. Especially if part of your winter hibernation involves battery disconnection (speculating on that).
It may be that 2002 TPMS valves may need replacement as they may be nearing 20 years of life if they have never been replaced before.
5D7247C2-DF17-4CAA-B4E0-B684BDBC9C42.jpeg
I see I have mentioned this already in this thread ... although I will update that this tool still works with the latest of my GM TPMS (2017 trax) (2017 Cadillac xt5) (2015 and 2017 GMC Sierra)

Last edited:
hi folks i'm new here …..my C5 2002 just start driving it from the winter's sleep.
2 wheels showing showing with issues....LF showing "High Pressure"; RF showing "low pressure"....I've checked manually and It is fine.....I removed air and Left still shows at 337 and does not drop.....does this mean TPMS just needs a 'reset' ? and will this part 50448 reset it?
Pressure wont change right away in the dash, you have to drive the car or do the relearn process

Really? Can you provide more info. Any magnet will do? Thx
Frank, This is the magnet I got at Princess Auto. I just pried it out of the metal case, put the TPMS in learn mode, then starting on the left front, held it over the valve stem until the horn chirped, then move on the the RF, RR and LR. I think you have 30 seconds per tire to get around the car.
Easy peasy :thumbs:20190505_182447[1].jpg20190505_182459[1].jpg20190505_182522[1].jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.