if you have the space, a desk in your garage/shop is very handy. a good place for storing manuals etc, viewing the laptop, sitting to do tedious tasks like carbs and such. the industrial style metal units with arborite tops are ideal and clean up easily as they are functional rather than furniture. they can be bought very cheaply in second hand stores - i got mine in near mint condition for 10 bucks. :D

Weed Be Gone............

1 Gallon vinegar

2 cups Epsom salt

one quarter cup Dawn dish soap ( original blue one)

Will kill anything you spray it on.

Mix and spray in the morning after dew is gone.Go back after dinner and weeds are gone. Cheaper than Round Up.

The almighty uses of Coke (the drinkable type).

1. Removes grease stains from clothing and fabric
2. Removes rust; methods include using fabric dipped in Coke, a sponge or even aluminum foil. Also loosens rusty bolts
3. Removes blood stains from clothing and fabric.
4. Cleans oil stains from a garage floor; let the stain soak, hose off.
5. Kills slugs and snails; the acids kills them.
6. Cleans burnt pans; let the pan soak in the Coke, then rinse.
7. Descales a kettle (same method as with burnt pans)
8. Cleans car battery terminals by pouring a small amount of Coke over each one.
9. Cleans your engine; Coke distributors have been using this technique for decades.
10. Makes pennies shine; soaking old pennies in Coke will remove the tarnish.
11. Cleans tile grout; pour onto kitchen floor, leave for a few minutes, wipe up.
12. Dissolves a tooth; Use a sealed container

Hate to admit this Stephane but I drink a glass of it mixed with Couvoisier every once in awhile.. Always buy a couple coming through the duty free at the border. Only amounts to about twenty cokes or so a year. The cognac is just too strong for me. Learnt the Coke thing from some German Lassies when I spent eight months there doing a pre technical school preparation. C'est La Vie....
Al..

I use to drink a lot of coke, pepsi and other soda as well until my dentist told me my theet where still ok but I was on a path to get problem so I had to replace by water in most occasion. BUT he told me that beer wine and porto are still acid but way less (praise the lord) so it wasn't a big deal to reduce soda drinks. BTW, I will try some of these solution for commun problems that we don't think that the solution is so close and unexpensive, when was the last time you bought a 2L of any household product for less than 2$. Salut

Last edited:
I use to drink a lot of coke, pepsi and other soda as well until my dentist told me my theet where still ok but I was on a path to get problem so I had to replace by water in most occasion. BUT he told me that beer wine and porto are still acid but way less (praise the lord) so it wasn't a big deal to reduce soda drinks. BTW, I will try some of these solution for commun problems that we don't think that the solution is so close and unexpensive, when was the last time you bought a 2L of any household product for less than 2$. Salut

...............that humans drink. :eek:

C.

Just noticed this thread from the past. Weed-be-gone has had Local Bylaws developed that has taken some products off shelves and in some cases, assessments against property owners who use certain chemicals within a radius of Alberta Lake shorelines. I have learned from neighbors that weeds in front driveway and sidewalk cracks can be put to rest by boiling up a kettle of water and pouring it along the cracks ... it takes a few days but you eventually just sweep (or snow shovel - scrape) the brown weeds away. Not harmful to the environment - for which I am not an advocate - just one who doesn't want to be assessed a monetary penalty from a by law officer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread