Only the ones stupid or drunk/high enough to cross against a light or dart out from parked cars halfway down a block. lol... Honestly have never run over or even came close to anyone, although some have deserved it, and i have run tinted on my daily drivers for 25 years. If you are careful enough to look at a driver's eyes, you should be careful enough not to step out and take a chance of being hit by a car, whether you see their eyes or not. If I'm walking and am not sure if a car is going to stop or not, I will wait until they either come to a complete stop or go by. If defensive walking was taken as seriously as defensive driving, there would be way less pedestrian accidents. JMO
I hear ya. Many drivers like yourself are careful. But if I can't see your face I won't know if you are seeing me or not. You could stay there until I move out and then turn. It happens. Just sayin.

I hear ya. Many drivers like yourself are careful. But if I can't see your face I won't know if you are seeing me or not. You could stay there until I move out and then turn. It happens. Just sayin.
I have ridden street bikes since I was 16. I have had countless drivers look me in the eye and the turn left in front of me or try to change lanes into me. Eye contact is no guarantee. Unless their eye and brain are connected (50/50 on a good day) then the eye contact is a dubious safety device at best.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann

If I stop and wait until someone moves out and then run them over, I had a vendetta. In which case they made a mistake trusting me and seeing my eyes would have not changed their fate. .....I think Confucius may have said that. :Biggrin:

• Haha
I have ridden street bikes since I was 16. I have had countless drivers look me in the eye and the turn left in front of me or try to change lanes into me. Eye contact is no guarantee. Unless their eye and brain are connected (50/50 on a good day) then the eye contact is a dubious safety device at best.

OMG.... you're the kid that ran the red light when I had the left turn arrow..... Naw... Couldn't have been you. That happens daily.... :rofl:

Tell your side window thing to the police. I paid to install it in Alberta, got the $150 ticket in Sask, Paid to remove it before the required RCMP inspection in Alberta... then said to hell with it. Not paying again to put it back in Alberta where it is not legal either.

Not sure about AB, but Sask's legislation only prohibits films on the front windows. Reasoning given behind this is the glass won't break if the door doesn't open after an accident. Firefighters will have to use a grinder kind of saw which could take a lot longer to get people out of a burning or submerged vehicle.

That being said, in Sask, smoked windows are totally legal. They're just a bit pricey.

Not sure about AB, but Sask's legislation only prohibits films on the front windows. Reasoning given behind this is the glass won't break if the door doesn't open after an accident. Firefighters will have to use a grinder kind of saw which could take a lot longer to get people out of a burning or submerged vehicle.

That being said, in Sask, smoked windows are totally legal. They're just a bit pricey.

I had limo tint on the rear hatch window of my daily driver when my wife accidentally shattered with a rock while mowing the lawn. With gloves on it had no trouble tearing the film and glass away from the frame. At the very most, a knife would make short work of the film so I don't jump on board that a grinder saw is necessary, or a reason to restrict tint. Now. The fact that law enforcement can't see into the front seat of the car appears to be the real reason behind the restriction. Guess it doesn't matter what the people in the rear seat are doing.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro

Interesting as I got the ticket in Sask July 2018. There were 20 or so of us pulled over that day. 2 of us got tickets. Maybe things have changed. The front window is safety glass with a tough thick membrane between the laminated glass. Like all front glass on cars and trucks. So the film preventing glass thing is only been stated for side windows as far as what the cops in both provinces told me at the time.

Trying to figure out what makes more sense, tinting the rear cabin glass or the engine glass... or both?!

Glare is definitely an issue, but I think tinting both would make it impossible to see out the rear video mirror. Has anyone tinted their C8 and if so, what configuration did you go for?
Keep it clear as if l have a bad crash in my 1LT l will start a mega lawsuit at GM for not giving us the same protection as the higher paying 2LT and #lt owners who where forced to have this option at mega $$$ more than us traditionalist owners who say no to a scam . GM has no cares about who dies and who lives it's all about the $$$

I had limo tint on the rear hatch window of my daily driver when my wife accidentally shattered with a rock while mowing the lawn. With gloves on it had no trouble tearing the film and glass away from the frame. At the very most, a knife would make short work of the film so I don't jump on board that a grinder saw is necessary, or a reason to restrict tint. Now. The fact that law enforcement can't see into the front seat of the car appears to be the real reason behind the restriction. Guess it doesn't matter what the people in the rear seat are doing.

I'm not going to argue with you, I'm sure you're right. There must have been instances where it did not go well for such a law to be voted in.

Interesting as I got the ticket in Sask July 2018. There were 20 or so of us pulled over that day. 2 of us got tickets. Maybe things have changed. The front window is safety glass with a tough thick membrane between the laminated glass. Like all front glass on cars and trucks. So the film preventing glass thing is only been stated for side windows as far as what the cops in both provinces told me at the time.

Yup. I can only assume the reasoning behind the windshield tint is so you car see in front of you at night (ie wildlife).

Police need to see inside the car for various reasons. Are occupants wearing seatbelts, need to see people's hands when approaching the car, need to see who is driving, how many in the car, etc. It is a safety issue for police. Breaking the windows is easy, even with the film. It will tear and is easily cut. Experienced this more then once.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
l made eye contact with one a-hole just before he and his car took off my foot and killed my 2004 Roadking in my lane. Cost him 7 figures and that's all l am going to say as his future was mine .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.