That was Cabot Trail last Fall when we had no choice but to endure the 5 km or so of road work. She still cleans up real nice though... Who knows... may go on the block if the ZR-1 gets announced Lol...

IMG_0511.jpg
121A5102.jpg

Thanks a lot David.

The 1LZ package does not include the PDR. However, I believe PDR is included in the Navigation package. I did take a look at the PDR recordings before. It's definitely great but I already have a couple of go-pros and some recording equipment so chose to not pick the PDR option.

Oh I didn't know about the discount on the 2 day program...How are you guys planning on going there? Epic road-trip ;) ? Also, does the discount apply to Canadian owners as well?

On the PDR, the big advantage is the integrated data collection. I don't have one on my 2014 , and make due with my phone, Torque Pro Recorder and an ODB2 BlueTooth dongle, but it doesn't collect as near as much data. If you plan on tracking/racing I would definitely get the PDR. It's amazing what you can learn about your driving when you load up the driving sessions in the Cosworth Toolbox software. You can lay your laps over each other, see which line you took on each corner on your fastest lap compared to the others, pretty amazing stuff.

Yes the discount applies to Canadian orders!! My wife and I both went. I had to pay the full tuition for her since she also wanted to drive but it was worth it ( both for her to learn and marital harmony ).

smackYYZ, That's awesome. I'll definitely look into that offer for the 2 day program.

I have a question for all the C7 Corvette owners out here...My Camaro right now is at a normal ride height i.e. it doesn't scrape on things etc.

However I am a bit concerned at the ride height of the Corvette. Is it true that I would have to avoid roads with pot holes, driveways etc. and that I would have to plan my route before trips all the time? Does the Corvette really scrape on everything?

I believe Flash has done many long trips in his car so any insight will be really helpful :)

Hey Karam.... Don't fret the Corvette being too low... The rubber air dam at the front is about 2.7 inches off the ground. It will scuff occasionally but it flexes easy and that doesn't hurt it... Potholes are a road hazard that should be avoided, but more for rim damage than the car dragging... unless the pothole is really deep...then anything can happen... but that applies to a lot of cars... Driveways, if they are steep can be a bit of a pain but it's still mostly the rubber air dam that drags. The trick is to enter the driveway at as flat an angle as you can. That allows the leading front wheel to start up the rise, thus lifting the car as you straighten into it and avoiding the air dam dragging. Same with exiting a steeper driveway and entering a street. If you're driveway is an extremely steep incline where it meets the street, then you may have more difficulty. This C7 is my second Corvette and the ground clearance is the same as my C6. I have never dragged anything except the rubber air dam. But all that being said, pay attention to road conditions when you drive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Karam
I haven't lowered my car but that has to do with my driving habits. I like to find very enthusiast routes and, well I am sure it would become very costly if i were to drop her any further. Having said that, I already toasted one splitter, paid for by our town thanks to their warning traffic of a dip one way but not another. I was the other.

:Woohoo: Big congrats Karam.. I say this to a lot of new Corvette owners... The smile on your face when you're car arrives and you sit behind the wheel will never go away... :thumbs:

Thanks a lot everyone for all your help. Although I will be taking delivery of the car tomorrow or Saturday, but as my parents are leaving today, I took them to the dealership to see the Z06. We all were ecstatic to see the car in person. It is absolutely amazing and I am extremely happy with the configuration I chose. Sitting inside the car, starting the engine...It's a completely different ball game as compared to the Camaro. The way you sit low to the ground with the long hood in the front. The fit and finish inside is also better than I expected and as I ordered Red Leather seats, the car came with Red stitching everywhere as well as red shift paddles. It will take a week perhaps to get used to the car's dimensions and I'll be extra careful/cautious. But I can't wait to take delivery...It truly is a supercar. Below you can find some pictures of our visit. I'll be taking more/better pictures when the car is detailed (and XPEL'd) and ready for delivery. I hope you guys like it :)

upload_2017-5-18_10-8-11.png
upload_2017-5-18_10-8-34.png
upload_2017-5-18_10-9-0.png
upload_2017-5-18_10-9-21.png
upload_2017-5-18_10-9-44.png

Thank you everyone :) I just picked up the car today and I am lost for words really...Its absolutely phenomenal...I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to drive (I was scared it will be difficult)...It's actually easier to drive than the Camaro I had (perhaps due to much better visibility??)...I am extremely happy :)

upload_2017-5-20_19-14-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-20_19-13-7.png
    upload_2017-5-20_19-13-7.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 5
  • upload_2017-5-20_19-13-31.png
    upload_2017-5-20_19-13-31.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 5
Hey Karam nice! It only gets scary if pushed beyond one's driving capability. Just remember that and you'll be good. My gf drives mine all the time, she takes her daughter for cruises. Mine is a 7spd manual and she has no problems rippin around in my car.

Wow All Flash. Some stunning pictures.

Thanks a lot guys for all the responses. This forum has been extremely helpful.

I just checked with my dealer this morning and my order status was at 3000.

I already spoke to my dealer about covering the car in XPEL clear bra. When I was purchasing the Camaro last year, I asked my dealer about clear bra protection. They installed Suntek clear bra on the front (till the middle of the hood), rocker panels, rear and door handles. It cost me around $1300. Although it has helped protect the paint, it is now developing a slight yellow coloring (only I notice it when I wash my car by hand). Do you mind me asking the ball park figure for XPEL ultimate?

About no ground effects, I did some extensive research and came to know that for 2017's, GM is delivering Z06's with standard side skirts. I did see one in person (and although most people hate them, I dont mind them at all. I in fact think (in black) they add to the aesthetics of the car, maybe I am mad lol). Also, the ground effects/aero stuff was atleast 3k from the factory. As I will be financing the car, this option will end up costing me around 5k.

Some good points on the transparent roof panel. The thing was, I wanted to go with a white and black exterior combination. I checked out a white corvette with a transparent roof panel and it looked black from the outside. I just think the color scheme will look really good. As far as the sun goes, I don't think that'll be an issue as that was the reason why I chose a convertible Camaro in the first place (my current car). I think the transparent roof panel will give a more airy feel to the cabin (maybe I will be wrong lol :) )

Got to say though, the steering looks absolutely fantastic. I will definitely be checking them out.
The transparent roof is the way my car is and if I ordered a new car this is the way to go. The sun is not a factor at all and you're right about the airy feel, it is far better than the solid panel and I have had both in a C6. The lexan panel's only drawback is it is a bit noisier drive than with the coloured roof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.