Wow All Flash. Some stunning pictures.

Thanks a lot guys for all the responses. This forum has been extremely helpful.

I just checked with my dealer this morning and my order status was at 3000.

I already spoke to my dealer about covering the car in XPEL clear bra. When I was purchasing the Camaro last year, I asked my dealer about clear bra protection. They installed Suntek clear bra on the front (till the middle of the hood), rocker panels, rear and door handles. It cost me around $1300. Although it has helped protect the paint, it is now developing a slight yellow coloring (only I notice it when I wash my car by hand). Do you mind me asking the ball park figure for XPEL ultimate?

About no ground effects, I did some extensive research and came to know that for 2017's, GM is delivering Z06's with standard side skirts. I did see one in person (and although most people hate them, I dont mind them at all. I in fact think (in black) they add to the aesthetics of the car, maybe I am mad lol). Also, the ground effects/aero stuff was atleast 3k from the factory. As I will be financing the car, this option will end up costing me around 5k.

Some good points on the transparent roof panel. The thing was, I wanted to go with a white and black exterior combination. I checked out a white corvette with a transparent roof panel and it looked black from the outside. I just think the color scheme will look really good. As far as the sun goes, I don't think that'll be an issue as that was the reason why I chose a convertible Camaro in the first place (my current car). I think the transparent roof panel will give a more airy feel to the cabin (maybe I will be wrong lol :) )

Got to say though, the steering looks absolutely fantastic. I will definitely be checking them out.

My car is white with a transparent roof. I love the colour combo and as for heat or brightness, car sort of feels like a convertible (I didn't want one) and the heat/sunshine doesn't really bother me. There are shade options out there.

I had both roofs for the C6 and never had the solid one on it in 3 years... I have both the Lexan and the exposed Carbon fibre for the C7 so I get the contrast either way but I haven't had the lexan top on the C7 yet... But I never noticed the heat or brightness on the C6. The smoked lexan blocks a lot of that IMO.... and it will look very sharp against the white...

Reactions: Tony Gull
XPel Ultimate was installed by the only qualified XPel installer that I am aware of in the area, Protex with Richard DiSalvia in Milton. I could be wrong but I wasn't aware of another qualified by XPel which is paramount IMO as that 10 yr warranty is very valuable. I did the cQuartz Application, obtaining the bottle through my own means since it is not a retail item.

Thanks a lot again guys.

It seems like the transparent roof panel will indeed look good (hopefully :) )

In lieu of Graham's response, I did call my dealer asking him to check with GM if there was up to 8k discount on the Z06.

After getting in touch with GM, apparently no such offer exists for Canada. He said what I have is the best he could do i.e. 4.5k off. He did, however, state that dealers have a higher profit margin when you order a car with more options so there is a possibility of a better discount (perhaps up to 6.5k off) for a loaded Z06.

I also got to know that the TPW for my Z06 is 1st May 2017. This is fantastic news.

My parents are coming to Canada for 2 weeks at the beginning of May and they really wanted to see the Camaro. Perhaps they will not only get to experience the Camaro but also the Z06 :) It will be great. Fingers crossed. I am excited :)

Reactions: Malcolm
Your TPW realistically is 3-4 weeks sooner than dealer receipt in Ontario. Mine was built on 3 May and received 5 Jun, and it was a direct train ride to Quebec from Bowling Green. For Ontario, they will reach Windsor, be moved over to 18 wheeler and there is a 2-4 day span while paperwork clears at that border if I remember correctly. From there, they are shipped by road to the dealer where he does all his checks.

Oh I see. Thing is, I was given the same information for the Camaro but I clearly remember my car was built on 20th May 2016 and my dealer told me that I can expect to see the car sometime in June. So you can imagine my happiness when the dealer called me on 26th May 2016 stating that my car had arrived :)

But yes, maybe that was a one off, but still I can dream/hope ;)

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for all the responses.

After Flash's message yesterday, I did place an order on the Z06. I got a call today from my dealer that the order has been accepted by GM as they were holding an allocation for me (the dealership that is).

Here is my order:

2017 Corvette Z06 1LZ

Exterior: Arctic White

Interior: Adrenaline Red

Calipers: Red

Wheels: Black Aluminum

Transmission: 8 speed Auto (I live in downtown Toronto and will hate the manual in stop/go traffic :))

1 piece removable transparent roof (It looks like black from outside, so goes nicely with the black and white combo)

Outside mirrors (painter in carbon flash)

Chrome Badge package

Hood Stinger stripe, Carbon Flash

Let me know what you guys think. I can't wait to take delivery of the car and see it in person :)

Thanks everyone for your help. Really appreciate it :)

Congrats, you are going to have a hard time waiting as the weather warms up. I notice you ordered the 1LT trim package, does that include the Performance Data Recorder (PDR), I know it comes on the 2LT which I have on my 2017 GS. The PDR is a really fun option and I frequently just use it as a regular dash cam. If you want to see what it looks like just go to Youtube and search for the Spring Mountain Corvette Driving School or Ron Fellows Driving School. You will see lots of videos taken by the on board Performance Data Recorders. As part of your purchase package GM offers an amazing discount on the two day program but you have to use it within 12 months. Many of us on this forum have gone or are going. I'm there June 14 & 15. Delivery should not be an issue as there is a nearly 200 day supply of new Corvettes on the ground in the US, not sure how many in Canada but the dealer discipline on pricing is starting to slip as many of the higher volume dealers have significant Corvette inventory sitting on lots and in storage.

Thanks a lot David.

The 1LZ package does not include the PDR. However, I believe PDR is included in the Navigation package. I did take a look at the PDR recordings before. It's definitely great but I already have a couple of go-pros and some recording equipment so chose to not pick the PDR option.

Also as far as other options are concerned, what I realized after owning my fully loaded Camaro for a year, is that most of the stuff I don't really use lol. I have only used navigation 5 times max in a year, I dont use heated seats and steering wheel (as I dont drive the Camaro in the winter, I have a 335i x drive for that), Memory package etc is useless (since I am the only one who drives my car)...The only option I really like in my Camaro is blind spot monitoring but I guess that option isn't available in any of the Corvette's.

Oh I didn't know about the discount on the 2 day program...How are you guys planning on going there? Epic road-trip ;) ? Also, does the discount apply to Canadian owners as well?

As a new Z owner, your cost is $1000 to include accommodations, and instruction, something like a 73% discount as a Z06 owner. You only have a year. The accommodations are great because they are right on the track. You will be matched with your car (Z06) and the instruction and track time is great. You can bring a guest as i did, my better half. They can stay with you, attend all classes and, if you wish, they can hop in the instructors car during track time.

As for the PDR or video, get your self a Transcend camera such as this below. It is 1080P and has much more options than the in-car PDR, unless of course you plan on tracking alot where the PDR has a ton more options.

http://www.technologyx.com/digital/camera/sport-and-vehicle/transcend-drivepro520-car-camera-review/

This is my car, my report and... yes the video depicts me first up at an accident not a week after installation.

Late to the conversation but I'd like to further your welcome to the forum and I absolutely love the colour combination you chose. Can't wait to see the pictures! Hopefully it arrives in time to show your parents.

Ummm let's change that opinion.... Lol
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg

Thanks a lot again guys.
I also got to know that the TPW for my Z06 is 1st May 2017. This is fantastic news.

My parents are coming to Canada for 2 weeks at the beginning of May and they really wanted to see the Camaro. Perhaps they will not only get to experience the Camaro but also the Z06 :) It will be great. Fingers crossed. I am excited :)

My C7 was made on June 13 and I picked it up in Brampton at the dealer on the 26th. According to my dealer there was some unusual hold up in Windsor, they thought they would have had it 3 or 4 days earlier then that.

So there is hope!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.