Last summer I came up beside a woman in a Corvette. Her windows were down so I yelled over, "Nice Car." She shot me a rather severe glance then realized that I was driving an identical Corvette. She pulled away with a big smile on her face.

Yeah, I drive a chick's car. After all, Dale drives it too. It idles like a Grandpa car too.....but then again, I am a Grandpa, so that's OK. That video clip that Arun put on the web site sounds pretty good. Hmmmmmmm. Our old L72 and L78 Chevelles idled like that and we kind of miss that sound. I hope Manny isn't reading this. ;)

The wave is for motorcyclists......I will not wave at other Vettes. I don't wave at every F-150 I pass, my arm would be tired. I heard Jeep drivers wave too. Sorry if I ruffle any feathers, but that is how a I feel. I would however wave at a Vette if I knew it was one of the members on here.

Well thank you for enlightening us with these facts .

I obviously didn't get the same rule book . Please pardon my ignorance and excuse me for bringing the topic up.

Well thank you for enlightening us with these facts .

I obviously didn't get the same rule book . Please pardon my ignorance and excuse me for bringing the topic up.

LOL Jim there must be more than one 'rule book', no worries. I wave at all 'vettes too and usually get a response and an appreciative smile.

Keep waving -- Maybe some day everyone will.:D

C.

LOL Jim there must be more than one 'rule book', no worries. I wave at all 'vettes too and usually get a response and an appreciative smile.

Keep waving -- Maybe some day everyone will.:D

C.

Me too Colin , I'm all primed up to wave at anything that even looks like a Vette !:D:seeya::seeya:

I have old issues of The Corvette News form the early 70's and there is an article in one of them about "the wave" and how it's been around since the first two Corvette drivers met in 1953 so it's been around a long time. It's not a new thing for sure. :seeya:

Well, after putting on over 20K in my vette you can believe that I've waved at quite a few. Never had anyone snub me at all. Heck, I'll wave at anything that looks faster than me. That includes you too, Colin!!

I'm so glad you'd wave at me too, Rob -- I'd be so hurt if you didn't....:D

I know you'd wave at anything: since seeing some pretty blond wink at you last summer when she passed in her mini.:rofl:

C.

I have old issues of The Corvette News form the early 70's and there is an article in one of them about "the wave" and how it's been around since the first two Corvette drivers met in 1953 so it's been around a long time. It's not a new thing for sure. :seeya:

You are right Greg...it has been around since the first showing of corvettes. That's where the bike guys got the idea. :rofl:
The article you mention is posted in one of my other posts in this thread.... but here it is again......

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/forums/general-corvette-discussion/2905-save-wave.html

I will always credit someone for owning a nice car. There are lots out there....Ferraris, Porsches, 57 Chevy etc. I choose to own a Corvette. A good thumbs up from me is encouragement to have fun and enjoy cars. Life is too short.

I will always credit someone for owning a nice car. There are lots out there....Ferraris, Porsches, 57 Chevy etc. I choose to own a Corvette. A good thumbs up from me is encouragement to have fun and enjoy cars. Life is too short.

Agreed Antony -- I don't mind acknowledging anyone with a nice car -- If my arm gets tired from waving I'll switch to not miss a chance to gesture that I like their car and they've put a lot of work into it. (or spent a lot on it.:D)

Kinda nice when we get that recognition too.:coolgleam:

C.

I was going to work yesterday and a Scion XB waved at me from across the highway....it was my daughter, she was going to Kingston. (I didn't wave back, I hate those cars, and she works for a competing company)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.