Aug 1, 2013
alberta
VetteCoins
Car
2022 rapid blue
Province
AB
2017 THE STIG relationship column post 1

As many of you should know Christmas and your birthday are days one should spend in quiet reflection. We all enjoy our hobby here and for the most part it is a fulfilling one, at least most of the time. Many of us here are males or pretend to be and as such suffer from manic personality disorder OK maybe not.

Corvette guys are stereotyped and it may not be pretty if they are to be believed. Some of which is true. We have collectively saved our money, worked hard and for a long time in order to enjoy ourselves once in a while. It is with that dedication to get ahead in the world that sometimes leaves us lacking in the relationship department.

Oh YES we bond with our cars and I mean OUR CARS such that some of us upon occasion may actually downplay the OTHER significant relationship on our lives. (to put it another way some may understand better---our significant others)

Over the years I have been able to see better from a observer standpoint and view other relationships with very good ability to see what is really happening to the lovely couple next to me in the restaurant. Men get their brains about 40 and for me that was a couple of decades ago. Thus it is fairly easy to see the strength or weakness in my friends lives when it comes to their spouse.

Some of my friends really need to take this Xmas time to reflect on how to make their “relationship as a couple” not only better but able to stand the test of time. As we grow old together (and hopefully not apart) it is imperative the guys take the lead in this healing and mending of fences. Sometimes our hobby or hobbies take valuable time away from our spouse’s needs. We grow apart without really noticing it and time and life goes on. Before we know it we have drifted apart.

I have a couple of long-time friends I see this in now. It is very hard for the guy to know what is going on and less likely he wants to change things.

I can spot trouble years away and see the end in sight before others even know anything like an end is out there.

WHY MENTION THIS NOW.

Pretty simple for if you know me, my kidding around usually involves my wife and certainly at her expense from time to time. It has grown out of my last hobby where most of the guys we met while travelling and competing were way more happy to see her than little old me. So the proverbial wife and I would kid around by me ordering her to get lunch ready as I would be available shortly and it needs to be on the table so as to speak. Both my wife and I would look at the expressions on every ones face as the orders were barked out.

So in sum at Christmas we need to remember our spouses and reflect on what can make things better, if need be and if not it is still a nice gesture of kindness.

BUT by all means do not just cave in to their every wish and desire as that is just as bad, unless it involves copious amounts of ,,,,,,,,,,,, oh forget it

With Kindness and Best Wishes for the MRS

Respectfully signed the STIG

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Really, you are serious! We usually don't see that from you Jeff. You are right and we should always keep our spouses as number 1. Sometimes it's tough but well worth it in the long rum.

So is this going to be a monthly or weekly advice column? We can ask you questions and you can garner us with your wisdom! I like this idea!

Merry Christmas Jeff and Robin!

Reactions: ddgermann
CE347D98-56F0-4388-BC2D-183213A0EAC7.jpeg
2017 THE STIG relationship column post 1

As many of you should know Christmas and your birthday are days one should spend in quiet reflection. We all enjoy our hobby here and for the most part it is a fulfilling one, at least most of the time. Many of us here are males or pretend to be and as such suffer from manic personality disorder OK maybe not.

Corvette guys are stereotyped and it may not be pretty if they are to be believed. Some of which is true. We have collectively saved our money, worked hard and for a long time in order to enjoy ourselves once in a while. It is with that dedication to get ahead in the world that sometimes leaves us lacking in the relationship department.

Oh YES we bond with our cars and I mean OUR CARS such that some of us upon occasion may actually downplay the OTHER significant relationship on our lives. (to put it another way some may understand better---our significant others)

Over the years I have been able to see better from a observer standpoint and view other relationships with very good ability to see what is really happening to the lovely couple next to me in the restaurant. Men get their brains about 40 and for me that was a couple of decades ago. Thus it is fairly easy to see the strength or weakness in my friends lives when it comes to their spouse.

Some of my friends really need to take this Xmas time to reflect on how to make their “relationship as a couple” not only better but able to stand the test of time. As we grow old together (and hopefully not apart) it is imperative the guys take the lead in this healing and mending of fences. Sometimes our hobby or hobbies take valuable time away from our spouse’s needs. We grow apart without really noticing it and time and life goes on. Before we know it we have drifted apart.

I have a couple of long-time friends I see this in now. It is very hard for the guy to know what is going on and less likely he wants to change things.

I can spot trouble years away and see the end in sight before others even know anything like an end is out there.

WHY MENTION THIS NOW.

Pretty simple for if you know me, my kidding around usually involves my wife and certainly at her expense from time to time. It has grown out of my last hobby where most of the guys we met while travelling and competing were way more happy to see her than little old me. So the proverbial wife and I would kid around by me ordering her to get lunch ready as I would be available shortly and it needs to be on the table so as to speak. Both my wife and I would look at the expressions on every ones face as the orders were barked out.

So in sum at Christmas we need to remember our spouses and reflect on what can make things better, if need be and if not it is still a nice gesture of kindness.

BUT by all means do not just cave in to their every wish and desire as that is just as bad, unless it involves copious amounts of ,,,,,,,,,,,, oh forget it

With Kindness and Best Wishes for the MRS

Respectfully signed the STIG
Very eloquent Jeff. Nicely written indeed.

Reactions: ddgermann
Is this thread derailed now with cat pictures? If so,here’s Jenny 2 cats,Puma and Jasper.

Whilst admiring Brian's and Mike's puddy tats, I happened to catch Mikes reference to derailing this thread and was about to ban myself into the netherworld from which some never return.... But then I thought (Yes... I did).... that the author's thread title is, in all fairness, is "THE STIG relationship column" ....But there are many who regularly grace us with their esteemed presence here that do not have a spouse.... Indeed, many only have their beloved pets, and even if they have a spouse, does the bond with their pets not constitute a relationship as well... And is that relationship not worthy of quiet reflection and preservation too?.... Food for thought my friends..... And that reminds me...Time to feed the wife....errrrrr... I mean the pets....:Biggrin:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.