Eric, further to your post and on a serious note our lake association has done a Thanksgiving Food Drive for a number of years now. I have always offered to help for an afternoon then deliver all the food to the warehouse for the good folks to sort.

The last time we were there the lady gave us a tour and I noticed some cat and dog food on a shelf. I asked her about it and she said they do not advertise asking for it but they are grateful for donations of pet food. Lots of old people living alone and only have their pets for companions. The Food Bank discovered that those folks would feed their pets before themselves, the bond was so very strong between the two. One could not survive without the other.

Pets. Special indeed.

Jeffer2013.... a bit of tongue and cheek involved I assume, but, its good to be reminded that we should not take things for granted.. I thank my stars for having a very understanding wife who over the past 26 years has supported my car 'hobby'.... and I'm not being a sappy Italian by any means.... I do tell and show her that I love and appreciate her. Oh God, am I now turning sappy?!

Jeffer2013.... a bit of tongue and cheek involved I assume, but, its good to be reminded that we should not take things for granted.. I thank my stars for having a very understanding wife who over the past 26 years has supported my car 'hobby'.... and I'm not being a sappy Italian by any means.... I do tell and show her that I love and appreciate her. Oh God, am I now turning sappy?!

Yes you are... but that’s ok. As much as we pretend, consciously or not to be independent masters of all things and everything around us; we have had the support and verification from the one person we need it from. Yes our partners in life. Or as know to the more traditional folk.. our wives.
Whenever something goes my way or I a pick up a new Corvette, she is the first person I think of. So far she is thrilled I’m enjoying getting the new cars. As she puts it.. “you work hard and always look after us first so... get it for you”.
Makes me cringe as it it took 3 trys to find the one that says that. :Biggrin:

At what point would you start to get a hint that the Corvette might be interfering in your married life?

25659827_1999763953577457_7961175608010634113_n.jpg

Yes you are... but that’s ok. As much as we pretend, consciously or not to be independent masters of all things and everything around us; we have had the support and verification from the one person we need it from. Yes our partners in life. Or as know to the more traditional folk.. our wives.
Whenever something goes my way or I a pick up a new Corvette, she is the first person I think of. So far she is thrilled I’m enjoying getting the new cars. As she puts it.. “you work hard and always look after us first so... get it for you”.
Makes me cringe as it it took 3 trys to find the one that says that. :Biggrin:

What??????? .........I am not really "independent master of all things and everything around me" ??????... Master Kan told me when I could snatch the pebble from his hand, I could leave and would then be the master of everything.... Damn those Shaolin Monks.... I knew I couldn't trust them....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.