2001 Z06
I just got off the phone with my installer... the final mods were

VRX5 cam
Valve train (springs etc)
Yella Terra's
Kooks LT's and off-road x-pipe
Ported stock heads
FAST 36lb injectors

More importantly, the throttle body, intake manifold and under drive pulley are still 100% stock and I didn't have to invest ~$3000 in new AFR heads....

426 RWHP and 396 TRQ!! I'm pretty happy!!! IF I went with the pulley, TB and Intake, I MIGHT get 440-445 or so but I don't think I'll invest the ~$1500 for that minimal a gain to be honest. I couldn't be happier with the number using the stock heads!!

Spring spring where are you???? LOL

I just got off the phone with my installer... the final mods were

VRX5 cam
Valve train (springs etc)
Yella Terra's
Kooks LT's and off-road x-pipe
Ported stock heads
FAST 36lb injectors

More importantly, the throttle body, intake manifold and under drive pulley are still 100% stock and I didn't have to invest ~$3000 in new AFR heads....

426 RWHP and 396 TRQ!! I'm pretty happy!!! IF I went with the pulley, TB and Intake, I MIGHT get 440-445 or so but I don't think I'll invest the ~$1500 for that minimal a gain to be honest. I couldn't be happier with the number using the stock heads!!

Spring spring where are you???? LOL

Congrats , pretty much right on the numbers I figured you would get . This is real useable power that you can drive every day ........your going to love the feel of your vette now .

[email protected]

Those are great numbers but I couldn't help to wonder if you installed a hood seal? That may help to push it over 500 rwhp.:D

Let us know if you feel any difference from before the mods were done.:rofl:

I am jealous.:coolgleam:

Thanks guys... I'm pretty confident that the car will fell like a totally new experience (not that it was all that slow to start with LOL). It was a gain of 103 RWHP all told!!!

They were all outta hood seals... apparently the word is out Riley!!! LOL

Holy crap! You must have some sticky tires,mine is almost stock and without the stupid button the car was very loose. Congrats!

Ok gents... I drove 'er home!!! More on the details later but for now, I'm too erotically affected to think rationally. What a sound... The magnaflow was perfect with absolutely no drone!!
[mob][/mob]

Interesting because unless I absolutely TRY to smoke the wheels when the car was stock, it would hook up amazingly well!!!
[mob][/mob]

Perhaps it is has a little more power than I was thinking! What should it be for HP with nothing more than long tubes high flow catted X-pipe. And I guess it would have had to be tuned as per Manny. Or perhaps the tires are crappy,Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 295/35/18?

Perhaps it is has a little more power than I was thinking! What should it be for HP with nothing more than long tubes high flow catted X-pipe. And I guess it would have had to be tuned as per Manny. Or perhaps the tires are crappy,Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 295/35/18?

A 2000 C5 MN6 with LT's / tune and CAI comes in at 330 to 338 RWHP
A 2000 C5 Auto with the same package comes in at 320 to 330 RWHP
A 2001 Z06 ...............360 to 375 RWHP
A 2002 - 2004 ............380 to 390 RWHP

Thx
[email protected]

What are the additions to a stock Z06 compared to mine? If I was to change my intake manifold would I require a new tune and will a stock throttle body work with a LS6 manifold? Thanks guys! Lots of good info here!

What are the additions to a stock Z06 compared to mine? If I was to change my intake manifold would I require a new tune and will a stock throttle body work with a LS6 manifold? Thanks guys! Lots of good info here!

You can install the LS6 intake on your LS1 without a tune , but with the Vararam and the LS6 intake a tuned is be a good idea. Your TB and harness will work with no issue.

The differences are :

97 to 2001 LS1 are 345 hp at the fly wheel
2002 to 2004 are 350
2001 LS6 are 385 at the fly wheel, and use the better intake as well as 78mm TB apposed to the LS1 76mm TB.

2002 - 2004 Z06 LS6 are 405 at the fly, and use the same intake and 78mm TB, as well as better internals.

Adding the LS6 intake to your LS1 would get you around 15-20 RWHP

Hope that helps

[email protected]

Tons of knowledge as usual Manny! Is porting and polishing the throttle body worth the effort?

There are some gains to be made, however they are more throttle resposnse that actual hp gains. Although some claim gains of 5 to 10 hp.
Every little bit helps Howie, especially is it doesn't cost much .

Thx
[email protected]

By the research I've done, the primary difference between an '01 ls-6 and those that followed was in the cam profile and the valve train (probably the biggest reason I upgraded mine as I had heard numerous tales of broken valve springs). There was a small change made to one of the piston ring profiles in order to prevent an oil consumption issue that was reported by some users (experienced due to high rpm/low load operation of the motor). There was also a change made to the pin joining the conn rod and piston in order to quiet the motor down on very cold starts (not reported by all)
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread