no i didnt... the exhaust was really good with that. i'm sure it would be different if i let off at 6,000 rpm but nothing under 3700 generated those sounds

That is great! I wonder if the X-pipe eliminates the sound I was talking about? Or is it just the quality of the mufflers?

That is great! I wonder if the X-pipe eliminates the sound I was talking about? Or is it just the quality of the mufflers?

The reason for the popping is the air injection system . The only way to get rid of the pops is to get rid of the air injection system . Doing this however also means that you will need to block off and elmimate the evap system and edit the programing in the ecm . I have no pops :D

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:
I found that my popping and decel sputtering came from the Corsa Pace car exhaust. With the install of headers and Xover it just made it louder, I have the air installed. So Manny if we take it off and save 20lbs of weight would not pass emissions?

I found that my popping and decel sputtering came from the Corsa Pace car exhaust. With the install of headers and Xover it just made it louder, I have the air installed. So Manny if we take it off and save 20lbs of weight would not pass emissions?

That is correct Greg, removal of the air pump will cuase you to fail the etest, but there are ways around that :leaving:

[email protected]

Lets not get dirty about this! I think the air injection reaction system helps your cats to survive longer. And I would think the ECM would not be allowing the injection of air during WOT,if that is the case the only gains would be in weight loss. This would be OK for track ETs but just a headache come emission test time, and dont forget the cops and MTO officers are trained in what to look for if they want to investigate why your vehicle is too loud or if they catch you testing your ponies. Just my two cents.

Lets not get dirty about this! I think the air injection reaction system helps your cats to survive longer. And I would think the ECM would not be allowing the injection of air during WOT,if that is the case the only gains would be in weight loss. This would be OK for track ETs but just a headache come emission test time, and dont forget the cops and MTO officers are trained in what to look for if they want to investigate why your vehicle is too loud or if they catch you testing your ponies. Just my two cents.

Very true Howie, but lets not kid anyone here . There are lots of cars ,Corvette's included running around Ontario and other places that would not pass an etest with the mods that have been done to them . Testing your ponies is for the track , road course or 1/4 mile and not the street :nono:.

The A.I R. Sustem /Air Injection Reaction is an air pump with pluming to the exhaust manifolds that runs at COLD start to inject fresh air into the exhaust manifolds. The fresh air helps light off the cats to reduce emissions at cold start. The pump also runs after closed loop when commanded by the PCM to test the after cat O2 sensors.

If you remove the AIR System, you will get several emissions related DTCs. A tuner can tune out the AIR Pids from the PCM so the AIR flags will not set.

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:

Interesting then.... later C5's, mine included, were never even equipped with Air pumps????

Love the cam lump sound, here is mine just after Manny installed it, no tune.
It sounds even louder now with the TFS heads but from mild to wild cam, they sure make the car sound amazing :D

pretty good for no tune... my car was barely running at all before then tune but the cam's more extreme specs probably had something to do with that too (and the larger injectors)

True! And cant argue about where to DRIVE your car,just would not want to pay to have the car modified just to get nothing out of it but a fine and the pleasure of paying to have the car restored to its cleaner version. We can have lots of fun with mods all while keeping it clean and legal. Super chargers seem to be the mod of choice these days,sorta the best of both worlds. Turns any car into a emission friendly ride your grandmother could drive that turns into a lion when required. Must cost a pile of cash to properly S/C a vette?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread