Interesting then.... later C5's, mine included, were never even equipped with Air pumps????

Lots of newer and older cars don't have this system. They have other ways to achieve the end result of lowering HC emission. If the car came with it it must be on and functioning(in Ontario) even if the car passes the sniff test the original equipment must be there.

Interesting then.... later C5's, mine included, were never even equipped with Air pumps????

Yes do have an air pump . The Air tubes on your headers are feed by it . It is located under the drivers side head lamp . also the tube that runs up from there and goes to your air filter is part of it .

Thx
Manny

True! And cant argue about where to DRIVE your car,just would not want to pay to have the car modified just to get nothing out of it but a fine and the pleasure of paying to have the car restored to its cleaner version. We can have lots of fun with mods all while keeping it clean and legal. Super chargers seem to be the mod of choice these days,sorta the best of both worlds. Turns any car into a emission friendly ride your grandmother could drive that turns into a lion when required. Must cost a pile of cash to properly S/C a vette?

I can't agree more Howie. However everyone has their own ideas and goals as to what the purpose of their personal ride is.
S/C set-up are around 10G's properly installed and tuned.

Thx
[email protected]

How much boost will the internals handle in a LS1? And what kind of blower would you get for 10Gs centrifugal or a roots type?

About 4-6 lbs from my own research but manny could confirm. You could go with either style really... Roots type I've heard is prolly slightly less maintenance but you might need a hood to accomodate it. Here's the real question... How's your clutch and tranny?
[mob][/mob]

About 4-6 lbs from my own research but manny could confirm. You could go with either style really... Roots type I've heard is prolly slightly less maintenance but you might need a hood to accomodate it. Here's the real question... How's your clutch and tranny?
[mob][/mob]

Good point! The more we add in the power plant the more we need to add in the drive train.

[mob][/mob]

4-8lbs is possible with meth, and yes the tranny and clutch are an issue for sure. A hood will no longer be an issue as Edelbrock has an inverted TVS that fits under the stock C5/C6 hood .
Link http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/corvette/
LS3 C6 version are now available with LS2 & LS1/6 for the C5 coming around May

Good point! The more we add in the power plant the more we need to add in the drive train.

Howie , when ever I do mods for someone I always look at their current set-up and make cost effective suggestions to keep your vette on the road not in my garage
Thx
[email protected]

Are the transmissions a problem in these cars? The mustang guys had a lot of issues with the T5s but I never did,course I never really beat on my cars.

i had a small issue when I got my vette,the trans would pop out of first and reverse. It turned out there is a adjustment on the bottom of the shifter. I loosened the bolts and slid the hole assembly ahead and whala. I was really worried when it first happened was thinkin syncros.

i know that in the z06 tranny there were some issues (i'm pretty sure that the coupe tranny may have had the same prob) with the aluminum shift forks and that they were pretty easy to bend under really hard shifting... higher horsepower numbers can also reveal some potential issues with the blockers pretty sure the stock clutches were crappola LOL

Here is a old video of my car in the fall after Manny installed the TFS heads and other parts.
The car puts down 435rwhp right now, with a few mods with a new FAST92, LS2 TB and Z06
Maf should get up to 450-455rwhp and thats it, done for this car, well unless I as a FI unit to it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread