who knows ??!! Prior to last year, had the cars on the road at end
of March. Last year.....was 12 March. This year.......????

Plenty of snow around here still, but its only 3 March.

Tony
welland

who knows ??!! Prior to last year, had the cars on the road at end
of March. Last year.....was 12 March. This year.......????

Plenty of snow around here still, but its only 3 March.

Tony
welland

A few days of sun and rain and we'll be back on the road in no time. Hoping for late March maybe.

C.

Still waiting and hoping the insurance with Zehr will pan out, but yeah, with the blower installed now... HUGE itch. Slapping on the Polysporin isn't helped either. :rofl:

Hard to scratch the itch while wearing winter gloves.:rofl:

I'm trying to not think about it until late April. I have a lot of little things to get done to the car before going to Chicago so I'm hoping it'll be nice enough out to have time to get it all done!

Hard to scratch the itch while wearing winter gloves.:rofl:

I'm trying to not think about it until late April. I have a lot of little things to get done to the car before going to Chicago so I'm hoping it'll be nice enough out to have time to get it all done!

My wife and I took the Vette to Chicago last summer for a few days. We stayed at the Club Quarters downtown and just left the car at their above ground parking garage without any issues. Loved downtown Chicago!

Itch has only ever been worse after a brief trip to Thailand.

Just got back from Cuba, and the roads were great, LOL!

Now this maybe a little pre-mature, but I think I'll get the exhaust/headers/tune done sometime before now and my next trip (April 22nd to Turks & Caicos for 9 days). I'd like to say I had some windshield time by then, but who knows.

I found being on vacation has helped the itch, LOL...........

Vince.

!0 c for the next four days than rain for two days :D I wasn't expecting such good news .

I allow the car to have a TV in the garage ,all she does is watch speed and the weather channel.I didn't think the car was serious when she told me Danica got hit in the head with a rock .

!0 c for the next four days than rain for two days :D I wasn't expecting such good news .

I allow the car to have a TV in the garage ,all she does is watch speed and the weather channel.I didn't think the car was serious when she told me Danica got hit in the head with a rock .

LOL Elf, I think your car is just waiting for you to sit in her so that she can caress you and have her fun.
I'm starting to see why you love your car so much......:rofl:

C.

I wonder if our thinking regarding 'vettes and the weather needs to be re-calibrated ??

Heretofor,like most of you,the car didn't venture onto the road in the spring until it, the road, had been thoroughly washed by rain; and in the summer,if it was raining, the car didn't go out until the weather was good and the roads dry!!

Are we going too far with this obsession ?? Despite it being a corvette, it does not
melt in the rain, and it cleans up ' real nice' [g].
So...being philosophical....should we be rather more practical and use our 'vettes
in less than ideal weather conditions ?? After all, I see MB., BMW., Porsche etc
on the road in all sorts of weather.

Any thoughts ??

Tony,
welland

Tony -- you're absolutely right -- I'm for driving more and not worrying so much about the mess.
Cleanup isn't the fun part but it's not the end of the world.
I say drive more (if you're water-tight) and worry less.

you bringing it on Tuesday?

C.

Last edited:
The salt can definitely make a mess of a car in short order, and once it is in the cracks and crannies, it keep on eating away. The summer rain doesn't seem to cause much trouble. We have a '97 Olds LSS that has never seen winter but lots of rain during the summer. The under side still looks like new. We put nearly as many miles on our Corvette last summer as the previous owners did in the previous seven years. It's not like the car is any special hipo low production model that will be worth a lot of money some day. The early '90s ZR1s were as special as they come and are going for around $20K and less around here and one has less that 30K miles on it. We might as well enjoy ours. I'll probably lose my license from old age and senility before we can wear it out.
With the mild conditions over the last few days, the knee deep snow inn our back yard is now down to about 8" today.

They're calling for rain later today and all day tomorrow. That should really help. We still have 4' high snowbanks along the laneway but the rain will take a toll on them. Below zero in the middle of the week but next week is looking mild. It won't be much longer.
[mob][/mob]

I took a walk around the block today and was looking at salt chunks all over the roads. As has been said, a couple of good rains and the street cleaners will be out. It's only a couple more weeks and we will be back in the seats........... In the mean time, I'll spend some time cleaning her all up and making her shine.
Won't be long.

Every year here July 1st we have a huge stampede the "Ponoka Stampede" when tens of thousands wannabe cowboys/cowgirls flock to our quite town. The town trys to impress these by doing its annual clean up......so this is when our streets first get cleaned!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.