" The best- laid plans of mice and men often go awry." As I have been cursed with the charms and good looks that attract women have been my downfall. After several marriages (5) has left me with memories of a second nature than any profitability that may have occurred if I had taken the advice of my late mother as she clearly stated "son you are not the marrying type" Advice taken would have filled my stable with the Italian prancing horse and the raging bull. My life as I have penned "Fullness of an Empty Life" is my autobiographical as the title depicts.
Yes, I am a published author. Are you??
You wax poetic. After five (5) failed marriages, one would assume you are destined to continue your existence, waxing yourself...

As internet forums are akin to marriages, and as ISO has self admitted to 5 failed attempts at human connections, we can rest comfortably in the knowledge that this relationship will meet the same inglorious ending as his previous marriages.

The only remaining question is around the ending itself. Will it fizzle out like a lone birthday candle on a moist cake or will it end in the blinding flash of a thermo-nuclear detonation.

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I'm obviously "new to this parade" so don't have any past knowledge or history with Iso. In my line of work I deal with "contrary positions" all the time, so I'm used to divergent viewpoints. Anyways, I bow to the moderators of this Forum who are far more knowledgeable than me with its history.

lol....netsinah. You are welcome to hover over ISO's name (right side of his posts) Click on the messages count in the window and you can have the same opportunity as the mods and many privileged members have had to read each of his posts. The convoluted history will then be yours to treasure as well... ;)

In my defence to my failed relationships, it's better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all. An expensive endeavour not recommended for all.

Thanks Alfred Iso Tennyson...

Wow; I didn't realize I'd joined such an esteemed Forum full of knowledgeable and literary savants. "Jack Raccoon!" is 100% correct that the quote comes from the English poet Alfred Lord Tennyson: 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. It's from his "In Memoriam A.H.H." poem which is considered by many to be one of the greatest poems of the 19th century.

I have to agree with Tennyson's sentiment but alas, I'm still working on my first marriage of 30+ years...

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I have been divorced six times. Sophia Loren, Rachel Welch, Bo Derek, Linda Vaughan, Daisy Duke and Cindy Crawford. Oddly their court documents all claimed the same thing. They had no idea who I was. Ingrates, all of them. :Biggrin:

That explains a lot Murray. You see, I also had a relationship with each of those women. I remember during the moments when we were getting close, they would cry out Hurry... Hurry! Now I realize they were saying Murray.... Thumbs up my friend... thumbs up.... :thumbs::thumbs:

Back to the original topic. I may be one of the few on here with an electric daily driver and a corvette for fun. I could parade the benefits of electric drive all day long but this is not the place for it. One thing for certain is that it will be a long time before you will find an electric car with the performance and style that can beat the corvette at the same price point.

• Agree
Reactions: Bixter44
First of all, cdnkayak, welcome to the show, secondly, I agree with all that was written. You did not leave anything on the bone for me to pick at.
Iso

Well, interesting read indeed..... Ill just add a couple of quotes which I think are a bit appropriate

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated" Confucius

"Sometimes, arguments end simply by accepting that you don't agree with the other party, Instead of trying to sway the other person to agree with you, you just have to accept your differences" James Christiansen

I love my gas burning cars, but never say never to the electric car :ohoh: LoL everyone!!! :Cheers2:

I worked in the battery industry for 30 years, selling heavy lead acid batteries and chargers for material handling equipment. The concept of the electric car is of course not new, I have an early 1900's picture somewhere of a Stanley Steamer, Baker Electric and a gasoline powered race car on the beach at Ormond in Florida. All claiming supremacy. The one company I worked for was heavily involved in the electric car market many years ago, they partnered with the American Federal Government to try to make it work. Not sure if it was the lead acid battery or charging technology but it was not very successful. They have come a long way since then.

It was not that long ago that hydrogen was going to replace the battery as the preferred fuel source for MH equipment. That did not work out but what did was the technology from the charger manufactures and their "rapid charge" process. In the past LA batteries were typically taken from a 100% charge down to about 20% capacity and then given a full charge with a rest period. Typical 7/24 operations required multiple batteries to keep things moving, a large investment. The rapid charge technology provides a recharge at a very high rate whenever there is down time. Not typical for the design of a LA battery. However it worked although battery life was shortened and if you had poorly made batteries well the charging method would certainly cut both cycle life and performance out quickly.

My own feeling is that as long as gasoline remains plentiful and cheap that will continue to be the source of power for a long time. Automobiles are pretty clean from an environmental standpoint, although some would disagree. I think we will continue to see development in the internal combustion engine as well as electrics. There was a guy who tried to quality a car at Indianapolis many years ago. It was electric and his concept was to make pit stops just like the methanol powered racers but he would change the electrolyte and send the car off again. Well it did not work but dreamers dream and I could be 100% wrong with my thoughts. Technology will continue to march on, dragging us with it.

My question of the current technology is are they really environmentally friendly? Mining the core materials, manufacturing and of course disposal. The rate of recycling on a LA battery is something in the range of 90% which is significant. Everything is reused, lead, pastes, plastics and electrolyte.

Last question on electric vehicles. Who is paying for their share of the road tax? Best I can figure out is the rest of us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.