BANNED
Ontario You're a Regular
Jul 24, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2012 f 150
Province
ON
Hello, fellow corvette fans, and my adversaries; thought you had heard the last of me. I'm back! Hello Nik, did you miss me?
As my title suggests that the corvette has and is on its last lap and speeding towards the checkered flag of extinction. My fellow corvette buyers for the first time and for those who have more money than sense, buy now before it's too late for the outdated internal combustion engine of yesteryear. Before it turns in to an all-out electric speedster.

The tidal wave of crude oil that once was a tsunami of black gold has trickled to an unacceptable fuel source, as smoking cigarettes was worldly acceptable in all forms of life, till the advocates of health deemed it a health risk, and now smoking is not socially acceptable.

The Millenials (Gen Z) have deemed crude oil as being socially unacceptable as they march in protests worldwide that gas-guzzling vehicles are killing this planet. The vast population of China's Millenials is a staggering 400 million compared to the USA of a mear 40 million, and this brings me to my point that China's population will set the worlds stage towards all-electric vehicles as Tesla has invested $2 billion in building an all-electric vehicle producing factory. 2017 China sold 777,000 none gas engine vehicles, up 53% from 2016. 2018 3 million units were sold in China. Come on folks the writing is on the wall, statistics don't lie, Norway's electric vehicle purchase is 3.3% per capita, and that's a small country. The European countries are catching up quickly, as the UK (Britain) has announced by 2035 the banning of all gas-powered vehicles. There are 60 manufactures in China manufacturing all-electric vehicles. Don't be surprised to see your next corvette all-electric made in China.

GM's CEO Marry Borra has made statements towards the decline of the internal combustion engine. I guess the $59,995 makes more sense now and the 2021 corvette pricing that did not change either. The teasing of future flat plain crank engines for the corvette is another form of life support towards the ailing gas-powered corvette to keep the overblown hype towards the general public to further entice a new demographic younger buyer for the corvette.
The checkered flag is waving as the first and last corvette appears bellowing out fossil fuel from exhaust gasses that resinate that awesome sound from orchestrating pistons exploding fossil fuel propelling the flat plain crank at higher r.p.m. Then SILENCE abounds as the last combustion engine dies giving way to a new sound of swoosh from an e-car.

ISO

• Winner
Reactions: G-ForceJunkie
I wonder how much of Iso's commentary is "tongue-in-cheek" and looking for a reaction. The electric vs gas engine debate has gone on for years and the demise of the internal-combustion engine was predicted many years ago as well, but it's still around. My understanding is that the electric motor is NOT environmentally superior to the internal-combustion engine when taking into account the terrific energy (mostly generated by "polluting sources") to create the batteries and then there's the added environmental consequences of disposing of the batteries. There are different viewpoints on this but I think people are naive if they focus on the end product only (the electric car, as it sits there) and ignore what's gone into creating it and the years-old concern about disposing of batteries after they have completed their life-cycle or can no longer be recycled.

Having said that, I think electric cars are neat with their quiet ride and amazing torque. But if an electric car can't make it a minimum of 3 hours during all Seasons w/o recharging, it's merely an "in-town puddle-jumper" so its use is restricted. For those like me who often use a vehicle for longer rides and don't have the luxury of a second "in-town only car" and don't want the inconvenience of stopping to recharge the battery, especially in our Canadian climate where the cold winter weather will diminish the longevity of the battery life, the electric car isn't a good option. Perhaps if the long-promised longer battery life ever becomes a reality, I'll consider buying an electric car.

I only wish that BMW's hydrogen-powered engine had become viable, with its only emission being water: that looked far more environmentally friendly and effective, than an electric car. But perhaps another alternative will be found, which will truly be environmentally friendly.

Any other takers on this debate?

Hello, fellow corvette fans, and my adversaries; thought you had heard the last of me. I'm back! Hello Nik, did you miss me?
As my title suggests that the corvette has and is on its last lap and speeding towards the checkered flag of extinction. My fellow corvette buyers for the first time and for those who have more money than sense, buy now before it's too late for the outdated internal combustion engine of yesteryear. Before it turns in to an all-out electric speedster.

The tidal wave of crude oil that once was a tsunami of black gold has trickled to an unacceptable fuel source, as smoking cigarettes was worldly acceptable in all forms of life, till the advocates of health deemed it a health risk, and now smoking is not socially acceptable.

The Millenials (Gen Z) have deemed crude oil as being socially unacceptable as they march in protests worldwide that gas-guzzling vehicles are killing this planet. The vast population of China's Millenials is a staggering 400 million compared to the USA of a mear 40 million, and this brings me to my point that China's population will set the worlds stage towards all-electric vehicles as Tesla has invested $2 billion in building an all-electric vehicle producing factory. 2017 China sold 777,000 none gas engine vehicles, up 53% from 2016. 2018 3 million units were sold in China. Come on folks the writing is on the wall, statistics don't lie, Norway's electric vehicle purchase is 3.3% per capita, and that's a small country. The European countries are catching up quickly, as the UK (Britain) has announced by 2035 the banning of all gas-powered vehicles. There are 60 manufactures in China manufacturing all-electric vehicles. Don't be surprised to see your next corvette all-electric made in China.

GM's CEO Marry Borra has made statements towards the decline of the internal combustion engine. I guess the $59,995 makes more sense now and the 2021 corvette pricing that did not change either. The teasing of future flat plain crank engines for the corvette is another form of life support towards the ailing gas-powered corvette to keep the overblown hype towards the general public to further entice a new demographic younger buyer for the corvette.
The checkered flag is waving as the first and last corvette appears bellowing out fossil fuel from exhaust gasses that resinate that awesome sound from orchestrating pistons exploding fossil fuel propelling the flat plain crank at higher r.p.m. Then SILENCE abounds as the last combustion engine dies giving way to a new sound of swoosh from an e-car.

ISO
Sounds like you were kicked off once before from your rant.
I can see why!

• Clever
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
There's the nuclear option but that too has negative consequences. Maybe solar. The way things are going we may be headed in the direction of Fred Flintstone and end up using our feet. :bsmile:
I wonder how much of Iso's commentary is "tongue-in-cheek" and looking for a reaction. The electric vs gas engine debate has gone on for years and the demise of the internal-combustion engine was predicted many years ago as well, but it's still around. My understanding is that the electric motor is NOT environmentally superior to the internal-combustion engine when taking into account the terrific energy (mostly generated by "polluting sources") to create the batteries and then there's the added environmental consequences of disposing of the batteries. There are different viewpoints on this but I think people are naive if they focus on the end product only (the electric car, as it sits there) and ignore what's gone into creating it and the years-old concern about disposing of batteries after they have completed their life-cycle or can no longer be recycled.

Having said that, I think electric cars are neat with their quiet ride and amazing torque. But if an electric car can't make it a minimum of 3 hours during all Seasons w/o recharging, it's merely an "in-town puddle-jumper" so its use is restricted. For those like me who often use a vehicle for longer rides and don't have the luxury of a second "in-town only car" and don't want the inconvenience of stopping to recharge the battery, especially in our Canadian climate where the cold winter weather will diminish the longevity of the battery life, the electric car isn't a good option. Perhaps if the long-promised longer battery life ever becomes a reality, I'll consider buying an electric car.

I only wish that BMW's hydrogen-powered engine had become viable, with its only emission being water: that looked far more environmentally friendly and effective, than an electric car. But perhaps another alternative will be found, which will truly be environmentally friendly.

Any other takers on this debate?
Netsinah, a warm and inspiring viewpoint on your rebuttal towards my thoughts on the environmental outcome of the future for the doomed petroleum-powered vehicles, that being said my tongue in cheek is no more or less than yours; but, my learned friend it is heartwarming to be able to respond to an intellectual response. Your thoughts for the all-electric takeover is, or could it be that you just can't let go of the past and embrace the future?
Hey, don't get me wrong I find it hard to let go of the smell and rumble of a powerful gasoline engine that emanates vast amount of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere but, to appease the tree-hugging green-peace environmentalists a change in venue has to take place.
For centuries the horse was the only forms of transportation until that Benze character invented the internal combustion engine then all hell broke out dispersing and placing that trusted steed to the pasture on the back 40. Crude oil was by far a cheap natural resource that was easy to refine into a stable liquid to propel the horseless carriage. Unlike hydrogen fuel which is dependable on fossil fuels to produce it, and very expensive to process, difficult to store hard to transport for it is deemed impractical for use on a wide scale.

The electric vehicle is by no means a new idea and was the invention of Robert Anderson in 1832... Nikola Tesla in 1931 made an electric vehicle without batteries. The early inventions of the automobile were by far a difficult vehicle to operate, thus the all-electric powered car was built for women to drive.

Canada is leaning heavily towards the e-vehicle Petro Canada has 5004 E-V stations across our great county, stations are 250 kilometres apart. Most e- vehicles have a range of around 400 km with new technology abounding as we speak towards a battery that will last for 500miles according to Samson. Lithium-ion batteries may be hard to re-cycle and their shelf life may be limited to around 8-10 years some manufacturers are claiming 20 years in moderate usage. The new and upcoming solid-state batteries will overcome all these problems.

But, that's not all folks as we may be on the very precipice of a new era of propulsion that has yet to be discovered, that will propel mankind to new heights that will make E-Vehicles as antiquated as the candlelight is to an x-ray.

Stay tuned for more from ISO

Iso, do you own a Corvette? I ask because you stated in your opening thread "fellow corvette buyers".
I once was the very proud owner of a 1980 Corvette which I drove for over 16 years all year round and then I drove a 1995 convertible loaded corvette; then the ravages of divorces took care of all my toys. As of today no sir I don't have a corvette.

Oh come on fellows...what's a little debate and contrariness but something to liven up our day! And statistically speaking, sadly so many marriages end in divorce for so many reasons, it's difficult to point to Iso's commentary as reason for his. AND he did own TWO Corvettes in the past, so you should consider him amongst your brethren and treat him accordingly. It sounds like were it not for his divorce, he'd still be the proud owner of a Corvette.

But hey, I've never owned a Corvette so I'm simply a "C8 Corvette wanna-be" and "self-professed car-nut" that's been stymied by COVID, so you should take whatever I say with a large teaspoon of salt...

And to maintain the tone of this thread, make that "sea-salt" to be more environmentally correct. :)

Oh come on fellows...what's a little debate and contrariness but something to liven up our day! And statistically speaking, sadly so many marriages end in divorce for so many reasons, it's difficult to point to Iso's commentary as reason for his. AND he did own TWO Corvettes in the past, so you should consider him amongst your brethren and treat him accordingly. It sounds like were it not for his divorce, he'd still be the proud owner of a Corvette.

But hey, I've never owned a Corvette so I'm simply a "C8 Corvette wanna-be" and "self-professed car-nut" that's been stymied by COVID, so you should take whatever I say with a large teaspoon of salt...

And to maintain the tone of this thread, make that "sea-salt" to be more environmentally correct. :)
Thank you, my friend. My sentiments exactly.

The Corvettes surprise me. The divorces... not so much.
" The best- laid plans of mice and men often go awry." As I have been cursed with the charms and good looks that attract women have been my downfall. After several marriages (5) has left me with memories of a second nature than any profitability that may have occurred if I had taken the advice of my late mother as she clearly stated "son you are not the marrying type" Advice taken would have filled my stable with the Italian prancing horse and the raging bull. My life as I have penned "Fullness of an Empty Life" is my autobiographical as the title depicts.
Yes, I am a published author. Are you??

" The best- laid plans of mice and men often go awry." As I have been cursed with the charms and good looks that attract women have been my downfall. After several marriages (5) has left me with memories of a second nature than any profitability that may have occurred if I had taken the advice of my late mother as she clearly stated "son you are not the marrying type" Advice taken would have filled my stable with the Italian prancing horse and the raging bull. My life as I have penned "Fullness of an Empty Life" is my autobiographical as the title depicts.
Yes, I am a published author. Are you??

Actually no ISO. Unlike you, who have mentioned this several times during your fractured tenure here, I am not a published author. Nor will I use any opportunity I can to advertise blogs, books, charm and good looks, especially in a surrounding where few care of your self acclaimed stature or accomplishments. I will leave it at that for on the bright side, netsinah indicates you have brightened his day, which while surprising, may be an accomplishment you can add to your resume. All of this just makes me happy I have a life...... JMO

Actually no ISO. Unlike you, who have mentioned this several times during your fractured tenure here, I am not a published author. Nor will I use any opportunity I can to advertise blogs, books, charm and good looks, especially in a surrounding where few care of your self acclaimed stature or accomplishments. I will leave it at that for on the bright side, netsinah indicates you have brightened his day, which while surprising, may be an accomplishment you can add to your resume. All of this just makes me happy I have a life...... JMO
Perfect.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.