BRENT08
gotta "spa treatment" today
and not looking that bad at all
this is yet another C6 Driver
about 60,000kms on it I believe
(and no 3M on this beauty)
WOW-WOW-WOW
View attachment 10658 View attachment 10659

I've only been home for 45 minutes and I've been back out in the garage looking at it twice! I'm in love with the old girl all over again! (As Debbie just shakes her head...). It was a really special day with wonderful new friends!

BRENT08
gotta "spa treatment" today
and not looking that bad at all
this is yet another C6 Driver
about 60,000kms on it I believe
(and no 3M on this beauty)
WOW-WOW-WOW
View attachment 10658 View attachment 10659

Great job Brent, looks like new. My 15 went thru the same treatment yesterday after coming home from my 3200km trip to BC.

I've only been home for 45 minutes and I've been back out in the garage looking at it twice! I'm in love with the old girl all over again! (As Debbie just shakes her head...). It was a really special day with wonderful new friends!
It's Sunday morning,07:45. How many times so far today? There's got to be more than 2 pics out there :Biggrin: :Biggrin:
Can't keep em for yourself now..:Nono1:

Labor Day ... Started off with Four good things from this Summer ...
#1. A visit from Mike - doing a "fall is coming" detail as he puts his car away for a couple of weeks before he goes on a mid-Sept AB/BC solo cruise.
#2. Having Mike's C6 on our driveway for 4 hours for passers-by to check out (and keep at 30kph in the Playground Zone).
#3. Canada 150 release Stubby Molson Canadians (Coors & Bud too) ... fit the hand great ... it's what High School Grad was all about.
#4. A couple of newly discovered detailing products from another awesome CCF member ... we know him as Toxix (Elton)
and Yes, Mikes C6 now has that "New Car Smell" ...
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

#1. A visit from Mike - doing a "fall is coming" detail as he puts his car away for a couple of weeks before he goes on a mid-Sept AB/BC solo cruise.
#2. Having Mike's C6 on our driveway for 4 hours for passers-by to check out (and keep at 30kph in the Playground Zone).
#3. Canada 150 release Stubby Molson Canadians (Coors & Bud too) ... fit the hand great ... it's what High School Grad was all about.
#4. A couple of newly discovered detailing products from another awesome CCF member ... we know him as Toxix (Elton)
and Yes, Mikes C6 now has that "New Car Smell" ...View attachment 11277 View attachment 11278
Awesome shine Mike and Spence! Always looking great! What will you guys be shining up in the winter, I wonder?

and Yes, Mikes C6 now has that "New Car Smell" ...View attachment 11277 View attachment 11278
Thanks again Spence for your help and use of materials. And those "stubbies". Yup !! The new car smell !! I can only pass on a "2 thumbs up" to Toxix (Elton) for sending some of his products to Calgary. What a difference even over last time Freda and I spent time on it. My car is looking really good. I'm pretty happy with the results.

Thanks for sharing man! I'll send you some new stuff shortly I'm just waiting on bottle design and label to come in and you'll be the first to get it!
I'm quite happy to give an honest opinion Elton as I don't have any of your products.Spence was just kind enough to provide supplies to get my car looking the way it does today. The new car smell spray is nice,not overpowering at all.

Bright Wheel Polish found at Canadian Tire that we are using .... very pleased with the results on the wheels that you see in this thread for Mike, Brent and ours :thumbs:
We found it exceptional in the Spring for the GMC Acadia wheels (see photos) for cleaning whatever the crap is that the City of Calgary puts on the roads over winter.

iOS Image - 4140336556a.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!
I've had quite the weekend dealing with some expensive ($1200 each) track wheels with one of my race car clients.
He went and used an expensive wheel cleaner that we all know and have heard of. He won a huge amount of it from wining CSCS (Canadian Sport Compact Series) and went and sprayed his wheels with this.

This was the outcome. Left part of the wheel is where we had to hand polish, hand scrub, strip and Ceramic Coat the wheel. Right side is the wheel after we thoroughly washed and scrubbed the wheel. This was as good as it was looking after cleaning the wheel. We knew it needed a solid polish at this point. Took about 1.5 hours per wheel to get them to look like the left side.

W2.jpg W1.jpg

Reactions: Riley P and YFCvii
Bright Wheel Polish found at Canadian Tire that we are using .... very pleased with the results on the wheels that you see in this thread for Mike, Brent and ours :thumbs:
We found it exceptional in the Spring for the GMC Acadia wheels (see photos) for cleaning whatever the crap is that the City of Calgary puts on the roads over winter.

View attachment 15771
Spence introduced me to this and it really is great stuff. Your wheels will shine so bright it almost hurts your eyes!

Hi everybody,

Great thread and great Corvette Pictures !

A few years ago, I did some research on detailing my Corvette. At that point, to me, there appeared to be so many great products on the market. So, I decided to create a profile on Meguiars.com. I read what seems like an endless supply of detailing threads on their forum section. It is from this research that I have learned there are many great products and many more great combinations to use these products to meet desired detailing needs.

I am constantly learning new methods from these CCF threads and have my method to share.

My Detail Process for my entire Corvette:
Step 1 - Meguiar's Clay Bar entire car
Step 2 - Meguiar's Cleaner Wax
Step 3 - Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze
Step 4 - Meguiar's Tech 2 Silicone Wax
Step 5 - Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection

I use Step 1 and Step 4 two times a summer to maintain. I use Step 5 frequently. If your Corvette looks amazing like the one's in this thread, then Steps 1 through 4 will definitely not be necessary lol :)

Also, I found AutoGlym rim protector to work great for preventing brake dust from accumulating on my rims.

I hope this process may be of use.
Cheers

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.