Featured Thread
Back to topic...... Id do the Lake Louis trip if it happens again..... Like that area of this country.. Except I look at Lake Louis as a place that would be great for water skiing!

We were gonna do Jasper but Jasper hotels crazy booked.

I will be starting a post in the next 1-3 weeks with surveys, idea's, what you want ( no you can't drive my ZR1 in the mountains ) and so on...... I was shocked when I seen Jasper filled up almost... and rooms over $400 too.

My head is thinking ideas and chatting with Paul ( Rocky PM ) on this..... he wanted me to head up the next year mountain cruise with his input too....

Thread to follow...

Ya, good to be back on topic haha

Brian

What’s wrong with another LL run?

Noting.. we just alternate it for a change.

2 years ago we did Rocky Mountian House to Sask crossing, stayed the night and headed to Jasper.

Now, Jasper is farther for Calgary guys to end up with so maybe LL area is better.

the Lake Louise Inn said we can get better rates booking 20-25 rooms with them. I said last year we use to have 4-9 cars, were were shocked when it grew too 23-24 Corvettes this year.

I am thinking on dates.... trying to keep it away from the Meet in the Middle in July and Radium in mid Sept, Spence said some YYC/YEG dealership Corvette shows planned for June next year he thinks.

Does it have to be a mountain tourist destination? What about running to Invermere or somewhere like that? Just a thought...

actually I just priced out rooms in Golden, cheaper then LL mid summer.

I will think and talk with Paul.

If we could get an earlier start Saturday that would help going a bit into BC... leaving Rocky at 11am shortens the day.

Jeff and I stopped in at Emerald Lake... it is nice there ( very secluded ) . but rooms all booked next year. We didn't go tour the area as it was the week before trip him and I did to check the roads and stuff and we were running out of day ( time spent getting gas in Golden - haha ) ........ it is only 10-15 min from LL --- maybe an idea for 2019

B

Does it have to be a mountain tourist destination? What about running to Invermere or somewhere like that? Just a thought...

Invermere is a mountain destination Eric. Panorama resort is right there.
actually I just priced out rooms in Golden, cheaper then LL mid summer.

I will think and talk with Paul.

If we could get an earlier start Saturday that would help going a bit into BC... leaving Rocky at 11am shortens the day.

Jeff and I stopped in at Emerald Lake... it is nice there ( very secluded ) . but rooms all booked next year. We didn't go tour the area as it was the week before trip him and I did to check the roads and stuff and we were running out of day ( time spent getting gas in Golden - haha ) ........ it is only 10-15 min from LL --- maybe an idea for 2019

B
Emerald lake lodge in June? Brian,you’ll be looking at $$$ close to Jasper prices.

Ya, prices are high...... Lake Louise Inn is $330-380 after the weekend we went....... not cheap.

I will call LLI and ask for room prices again for 20-25 rooms just and an idea what the discount is.

B

Ya think so eh......... haha

On one of our cruises in 2013 I think we stayed in Cochrane after coming through Lake Louise and Canmore ( stopped and ate )

Was a way to stay at a cheaper place just after enjoying the mountains.

I guess it could be a possibility but Paul said better to stay in Jasper if we could..... but we can't

Maybe could be Hinton

The Calgary guys could go back to Jasper and SE to Calgary. They would get tons of mountains doing that.

We will see / so much to decide on.

Brian

I'm interested in seeing more of Alberta. Only driven off the highway 1 for LL on my way to Manitoba in 1984. Id like to check out Edmonton and Calgary. Make it an extra trip type thing...........

Reactions: YFCvii
I'm interested in seeing more of Alberta. Only driven off the highway 1 for LL on my way to Manitoba in 1984. Id like to check out Edmonton and Calgary. Make it an extra trip type thing...........
You would be more than welcomed here and with hope of an added benefit for you that you bite the bullet on that vette that catches your eyes. Once here, it would hopefully not catch you off-guard that the Alberta Corvette Cruisers of this CCF go cruising, in part and purpose, to get completely away from the two Cities. Most will say you did stop and "enjoy" one of the great Alberta destinations in 1984.

Reactions: ddgermann
Invermere is a mountain destination Eric. Panorama resort is right there.

Emerald lake lodge in June? Brian,you’ll be looking at $$$ close to Jasper prices.

Read back Mike... I said Mountain "Tourist" destination.... Yes... It's a ski resort but it's no Banff, Jasper, or Lake Louise. Google Invermere accommodations if you're looking for a reasonable drive distance and reasonable motel prices..... Just a suggestion

Read back Mike... I said Mountain "Tourist" destination.... Yes... It's a ski resort but it's no Banff, Jasper, or Lake Louise. Google Invermere accommodations if you're looking for a reasonable drive distance and reasonable motel prices..... Just a suggestion

My thought to that is maybe to hang out in mountain destinations and then end up in Golden or Radium/Invermere to save $150-200 each on a room ( spend $30-50 more on gas each maybe though ).

We lucked out last year that we did the last weekend before summer season. We paid $160-180 I think it was.... the same room is $340-400 in June, July, Aug and early Sept. but we had dirtier highways, more risk of rocks cracking Shields and what ever else ( snow still )

It is the same idea as some have staying in Hinton on a Jasper trip.

Just idea's. Mike's is decent too.... same thinking as Hinton, Cochrane and where ever cheaper.

B

Back to topic...... Id do the Lake Louis trip if it happens again..... Like that area of this country.. Except I look at Lake Louis as a place that would be great for water skiing!

What’s wrong with another LL run?

I embrace the suggestion of Lake Loiuse as an option (Radium/Invermere) ...
Lake Louise is a great and inviting Location

maybe not as good for those who don't want redundancy ...
and also for those maybe thinking about towing a ski boat too LOL (sarcasm assumed)

Expedia.ca : Official Site | Vacations, Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets & Airfares

Search June 2nd weekend and Lake Louise Inn we stayed in is $183

Then search June 8th..... $339

So, $160 more till mid Sept I think.

They don't allow Sat check in now... hum, you have to search fri/sat -

Lake Louise Inn doesn't allow just even a Friday night stay...... have to book 2 nights now .... hum.....Maybe calling and booking a slot of 20-25 rooms maybe we could.

Inveremere $80-180 rooms...... Golden $100-200 rooms

Reactions: turbozig and YFCvii
I embrace the suggestion of Lake Loiuse as an option (Radium/Invermere) ...
Lake Louise is a great and inviting Location

maybe not as good for those who don't want redundancy ...
and also for those maybe thinking about towing a ski boat too LOL (sarcasm assumed)

Yes, Lake Louise is central to all of us....... Paul says Banff is too busy for 20 of us to find parking and so on... he kinda stays out of Banff.

I think a Corvette drive down main street Banff is good to do and someone with a video camera doing video of all the Corvettes in the center road island ( or side ) with the main street view and mountains in the background... an idea I would like to see happen.

Paul and I will chat more and then I will post some stuff and ask for feedback and polls on next year.

B

Last edited:
Expedia.ca : Official Site | Vacations, Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets & Airfares

Search June 2nd weekend and Lake Louise Inn we stayed in is $183

Then search June 8th..... $339

So, $160 more till mid Sept I think.

They don't allow Sat check in now... hum, you have to search fri/sat -

Lake Louise Inn doesn't allow just even a Friday night stay...... have to book 2 nights now .... hum.....Maybe calling and booking a slot of 20-25 rooms maybe we could.

Inveremere $80-180 rooms...... Golden $100-200 rooms
... direct calling to the manager does help ... one-on-one works all the time in business (virtual is good for budgeting and finding the price to negotiate from).
end of May/begin of June is the sweet spot as most are not quite ready to spend their "big bucks" yet (and the hotels do understand that). A 20-25 room grab would be a "jack pot" very hard to turn down for the manager "who gets it"! Although outta Alberta, the BC destination to Radium Area sounds great too...

Banff was fun to cruise down ... what a funny distraction we were to those checking out the Mountains ... that's about it though as parking might be a nighmare

I do like the idea of the Radium area to break anything considered redundant ... hoping us to be "winning" with it being nice when/if "out of season"

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeysZ06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.