Who keeps track of these vitally important statistics ?
Our insurance provider...80% of our product is sold to the US. If someone falls off of a chair and is injured, you can bet that you will be hearing from their lawyers. The last one we faced was for $250K for a broken arm and "life long pain and suffering" or something like that LOL!

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette
To clarify a couple of points:

A) Most lifts (or components thereof) are made in China - mine included.
There is one I looked at manufactured totally in the US, but it was increadibly over-designed with a price tag to match ($30,000.00).​
There is not much point in having a 10,000 lb capacity lift for a 4,000 lb car.​
B) The issue with the concrete thicness on the floor is not horrible to overcome.
A section of the existing slab (about 3 ft x 6 ft) needs to come out, dig down and remove 6" of underlying base, then cast a new reinforced concrete 'panel'.​
Have somebody knowledgeable take a look at the base, and the reinforcing, before placing the new concrete.​
C) The introduction of 4 legged bar stools into the "help, I've fallen and can't get up" analysis will surely taint the results offered.
Singnificant research and data collection remains outstanding.​

I'm not sure where you got your opinion on my lift preferences? I was talking about office chairs (the "thing" with the "extensions" is called a "base").

I don't prefer either design of lift. I'd buy whichever suited my purpose and quality expectations. Frankly, in my current house, I had a 4 post - because the concrete was not thick enough for a single post to be considered. If I was building a custom garage and could control the concrete quality/thickness, I would consider a single post.
Thx for the clarification regarding the base…lol.

I have a Bendpak HD-9 and have no trouble with space between the posts, either going in or coming out. No mirrors need to be folded. My 7x8' garage door is more the issue for me, only a couple of inches on either side of the mirrors when entering or exiting.
Using a 4 post is nice if you like to work on your car. Oil changes are a breeze.
I have the rolling jack option that allows jacking up the car off the lift to work on the brakes or suspension.

Reactions: Paul C7 to C8

Users who are viewing this thread