Status
Not open for further replies.
The strikers are hitting parts suppliers that supply to the repair areas (for lack of the correct terms) and not suppliers for assembly. Or so I've heard.

Wouldn't the two be one and the same? Parts supplier supplies for both repairs area and assembly? But Chevrolet is deciding on making sure the assembly get's first priority on parts and not the other way around.

Wouldn't the two be one and the same? Parts supplier supplies for both repairs area and assembly? But Chevrolet is deciding on making sure the assembly get's first priority on parts and not the other way around.
It's been that way for the past 5 generations of the car.

IMG_4075.jpeg

The bedford six was an issue last week, but not necessarily the reason for this shutdown.

View attachment 116341
Murray,
I have no idea where you get this info (Spy stuff?), but is it accurate to say that a Stingray with a VIN of less than 4,749 has already been built?
Assuming it has, at what point does the Dealer become aware of this?
I am asking because I have been told (more Spy stuff?) that my '24's VIN falls in this category, and sooner or later I should deal with my '23.

Murray,
I have no idea where you get this info (Spy stuff?), but is it accurate to say that a Stingray with a VIN of less than 4,749 has already been built?
Assuming it has, at what point does the Dealer become aware of this?
I am asking because I have been told (more Spy stuff?) that my '24's VIN falls in this category, and sooner or later I should deal with my '23.
I get the info from several trusted sources. They are not a secret. Roger Keil on Facebook reports the build numbers every day. He gets them from a government site. I forget which.
Dealers only see what's on Workbench and most don't know how to use it efficiently. Some do. For example they can see the vin when the order is at 3400. Many don't know how to see it and many have been taught by people like me who know how to tell them where to look. Since most salespeople don't care to do any work for customers they already ... "own" they wait until the car is built when the vin is staring them in the face.
So yes, the short answer is the numbers are very accurate and the dealers should know the vin when the order is at 3400.

Last edited:
Reactions: DW Ruby
Still waiting but seeing what else might be available.
Apparently there are GM customer care executives looking into this in the States.
At least one has refused his order and the dealer has ordered him another car.

Apparently there are GM customer care executives looking into this in the States.
At least one has refused his order and the dealer has ordered him another car.
What is the issue in this case? The car just sitting forever at 3800 status and not moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.