Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the issue in this case? The car just sitting forever at 3800 status and not moving?
The cars were sent to Michigan for some sort of QC / repair and are sitting there. Dealers have even been invoiced for them!
Some are moving to some other GM facility in Warren Michigan.

Those were the 5 cars built on Thursday September 28th, that had a casting QC structural issues and got sent to the vendor in Pontiac.
It is expected those cars will be scrapped and priority given to building the replacements.
The problem is GM isn't saying a damn thing to anyone! The 2 purchasers on here for example. 3800 purgatory.

I already reached out to the executive team, I'm annoyed that they're continually building and delivering cars after mine while mine just rots for 6 weeks with no communication. They've built roughly 3000 cars after mine, it's not a parts issue, it's a "we're actually going to use those parts to make these other cars and we'll get to it when we get to it"

I've also begun tracking window stickers and there's been more movement filling out the 3500-4500 VINs than anything below 1500 which is insanity. They're prioritizing those cars over the ones they've built.

Reactions: GCrone
Keep an eye out on the market, man. Lots of cars are popping up for sale at MSRP. Unless you really want your spec, you shouldn’t have an issue with finding one. Look across Canada and have one shipped if need be.

Yeah, I've been definitely keeping an eye out, I'm seeing a lot of specs but not enough with some of the options I want. For me the line I draw is paying more for less... which I think is hard to find. Especially when my car should be imminent. It's been 6 weeks, and maybe I'm foolish, but there should be SOME movement in the next 2 weeks.

I already reached out to the executive team, I'm annoyed that they're continually building and delivering cars after mine while mine just rots for 6 weeks with no communication. They've built roughly 3000 cars after mine, it's not a parts issue, it's a "we're actually going to use those parts to make these other cars and we'll get to it when we get to it"

I've also begun tracking window stickers and there's been more movement filling out the 3500-4500 VINs than anything below 1500 which is insanity. They're prioritizing those cars over the ones they've built.
I came to the same conclusion: it's not a parts issue; they just want to keep production volume up so they put little emphasis on those cars that have to be put aside for some reason. If that's how they want to do it, they should just do a rebuild for us and sell the cast-asides to a willing dealer when they get to them!

Yeah, I've been definitely keeping an eye out, I'm seeing a lot of specs but not enough with some of the options I want. For me the line I draw is paying more for less... which I think is hard to find. Especially when my car should be imminent. It's been 6 weeks, and maybe I'm foolish, but there should be SOME movement in the next 2 weeks.
I'm doing the exact same thing!

Interesting!
If your car is one of them that is on a QC hold for structural issues with a defective casting it may be scrapped. Has your dealer looked to see the current location of the car and if has been moved over the past 2 weeks?

If your car is one of them that is on a QC hold for structural issues with a defective casting it may be scrapped. Has your dealer looked to see the current location of the car and if has been moved over the past 2 weeks?
I haven't checked that with the dealer but my understanding is that all these long-term 3800 status cars have been shipped to Michigan?

I haven't checked that with the dealer but my understanding is that all these long-term 3800 status cars have been shipped to Michigan?
And now some of those cars have been shipped to the tech center in Warren, Michigan for further analysis. Get your dealer to call the GM customer care to see if your car is one of them that has been moved to Michigan and discuss re-ordering your car with your dealer as reportedly others are now doing and the original cars may be scrapped.

I contacted Shane and I’m at 4000!
Ok, so whatever part or issue the car needed like the high wing spoiler I think you mentioned, or other QC issue it has, is now taken care of and the car is now available to ship.

Reactions: GCrone
Seems like most of the 3800 purgatory were sitting at BG

1699636469108.png

Status
Not open for further replies.