Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I’m out, just waiting for process on getting deposit back.

Was actually offered a allocation so lists seems to be moving quickly. The massive $12K price increase is too much for me.

In a 911 now and will stay with it for now. Should be able to walk in and buy one next spring at this rate if I ever change my mind.

Reactions: DenisC8
I think its time to start an official "Stingray list of who is on the list" that will help people track dealer allocations, wait times, and become a crowdsourced resource for those who are waiting for a C8 Stingray or is looking to get on the list for one.

List has been updated:

@Thom - on the list since May 2021 - Bill Spencer- got allocation Sept 2022 and delivered Nov 2022
@amit916 -on the list since May 2021 - Dueck on Marine (Vancouver)
@Larthen - on the list since May 2021 - Preston (Langley, BC)
@ggurface - on the list since Oct 2021 - Wilson Niblett - got allocation Dec 2022 and delivered April 2023
@Neils - on the list since April 2021 - Finch- got allocation March 2023 and delivered May 2023
@Hanko_ - on the list since April 2021 - Bill Spencer - got allocation March 2023 and delivered May 2023
@butsy - on the list since July 2021 - Brian Cullen - got allocation Feb 2023 and delivered May 2023

@Concour - on the list since July 2021- Pepentigny Chevy (Quebec)- got allocation May 2023
@HHL - VETTE - on the list since July 2021 - New Roads Chevy (Newmarket, ON)
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since Aug 2021 - Barry Cullen- got allocation in May 2023 but constraints prevented order submission
@GCrone - on the list since Sept 2021 - Brian Cullen
@T Mac - on the list since Dec 2021 - Steve Scherer - got allocation April 2023 and delivered May 2023
@SebringC8 - on the list since Dec 2021 - Wilson Niblett - got allocation April 2023 and car has shipped
@Johnny21C8 - on the list since Feb 2022 - Capital Chevy (AB) - got allocation Jan 2023
@amit916 - on the list since Feb 2022- Bill Spencer
@JimM - on list since Feb 2022 - Mertin / Bannister GM (BC)
@Peewee - on the list since March 2022- Leggat Chevy
@Mr.Corvette - on the list since April 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Pics999
- on the list since May 2022- Wheaton (Regina) - got allocation March 2023 and car is now built
@z06in2017 - on the list since May 2022 - Brian Cullen
@scraze66 - on the list since May 2022- Capital Chevy (AB)
@DenisC8 - on the list since July 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Joe95Polo - on the list since July 2022 - Wilson Niblett
@wdepipes - on list since Aug 2022- Capital Chevy (AB)
@Cam_rabbits - on the list since Sept 2022 - Brian Cullen
@Red Devil - on the list since Nov 2022 - Brian Cullen
@jwl300 - on the list since Jan 2023 - Brian Cullen
@Cariboocreek - on the list since Jan 2023 - Schwab (Leduc, AB)
@VroomVroom - on the list since Feb 2023 - Capital Chevy (AB)
@KTJF - on the list since Feb 23 - Gananoque Chevy - got allocation May 2023
@mcdavies - on the list since March 2023- Brian Cullen
@Zedder - on the list since April 2023 - Brian Cullen
@DW Ruby - on the list since May 2023- Brian Cullen
@DW Ruby - on the list since May 2023- Finch
concour. Received my c8 August 15 2023

I put a down a deposit at Brian Cullen in March 2022. Got in on the 'bonus' round of allocations on June 29th of this year, for the last of the 2023s (super happy about slipping in under the wire, given the 2024 price increase). Just went to 3400 on Friday. 2LT, red mist, NPP, red interior.
Very happy for you. It is a great car and brings smile's to both my wife and everytime we drive it. I am very surprised that you received an allocation before @GCrone who was on the list at Brian Cullen on September of 21, and is getting a 24. Just pointing out the inconsistency that I have noticed. Look forward to seeing some pictures of the car when it arrives!

Very happy for you. It is a great car and brings smile's to both my wife and everytime we drive it. I am very surprised that you received an allocation before @GCrone who was on the list at Brian Cullen on September of 21, and is getting a 24. Just pointing out the inconsistency that I have noticed. Look forward to seeing some pictures of the car when it arrives!
Probably because I didn't have anything on constraint, e.g. non-Z51, etc. The timing was actually almost exactly what I was told when I put down the deposit, they said it'd be about 18 months, and that's what it's looking like it'll be. And my position/timing stayed pretty consistent whenever I'd periodically check in throughout the wait.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Probably because I didn't have anything on constraint, e.g. non-Z51, etc. The timing was actually almost exactly what I was told when I put down the deposit, they said it'd be about 18 months, and that's what it's looking like it'll be. And my position/timing stayed pretty consistent whenever I'd periodically check in throughout the wait.
Amazing!

I put a down a deposit at Brian Cullen in March 2022. Got in on the 'bonus' round of allocations on June 29th of this year, for the last of the 2023s (super happy about slipping in under the wire, given the 2024 price increase). Just went to 3400 on Friday. 2LT, red mist, NPP, red interior.
So did you get a production week of August 28th? I just had mine built the Friday before on August 11th and it took 9 days from going 3400 status to being built.
What else did you order on your car because it sounds very close to my Red Mist 3LT HTC Z51. You went non-Z51 and that's how you got ahead of GCrone it sounds like.
Your signature doesn't say where your from? Niagara region?

LOL...I had a call from Bill Spencer yesterday...did not pick up...no message left...I am about 38th on their list by my approximations. 2 guesses why they called. No doubt the term mentioned above "lists are moving fast" is indeed an understatement. Don't care...Kiss my Ass GM Canada.
That’s disrespectful. Your dealer did nothing wrong, and I’m sure you were kissing their ass when you wanted an allocation.

That’s disrespectful. Your dealer did nothing wrong, and I’m sure you were kissing their ass when you wanted an allocation.
I said nothing derogatory about the dealer. They are just going through their list. My frustration is solely towards GM Canada.
I sold my 2021 to Spencer in May 2022 so I would not call that ass kissing.

So did you get a production week of August 28th? I just had mine built the Friday before on August 11th and it took 9 days from going 3400 status to being built.
What else did you order on your car because it sounds very close to my Red Mist 3LT HTC Z51. You went non-Z51 and that's how you got ahead of GCrone it sounds like.
I haven't been advised of a TPW yet, but I assume the 28th. Only other options are red calipers and carbon 5-spokes.

My head is going back and forth between rapid blue and torch red… lol. I was 9th on the list in July and now I’m next up!!!

Is the price increase confirmed?
With an already stretched budget I was going to get a 2LT with performance exhaust and a couple of other inexpensive options but am not sure what to do anymore.
1LT is very barebones on features and safety tech.

I haven't been advised of a TPW yet, but I assume the 28th. Only other options are red calipers and carbon 5-spokes.
Make sure they selected J6N as your caliper option and not J6F with Bright Red as my dealer did. Your car will be built the week of Aug 28th if you went 3400 on Friday.
I'll just assume your from the Niagara region and can come out to Denis cruises once you get your car!

I said nothing derogatory about the dealer. They are just going through their list. My frustration is solely towards GM Canada.
I sold my 2021 to Spencer in May 2022 so I would not call that ass kissing.
So you had until May 2023 to utilize your sales tax credit of 13% on the purchase of your next car from your trade in. Were you aware of the time limitation or are you just not getting another C8?

So you had until May 2023 to utilize your sales tax credit of 13% on the purchase of your next car from your trade in. Were you aware of the time limitation or are you just not getting another C8?
They gave me good $$ for my car so I did not expect to get an allocation from Spencer in 12 mths. My main motivation to sell/trade is that I wanted to get an HTC. With this increase I will not be getting a C8. I am not wealthy and my build would now include Luxury tax as well as the 12k increase so it simply is not worth it to me.

My order was non non-Z51 as well. 2LT Coupe. Not sure how the list worked and not really too happy that I was bumped to the 2024 with the $12,000 increase!

Just got confirmation that my order for 2024 HTC 3LT Z51 with Mag ride is now status 2000
835725AB-FF4D-433A-93EC-486F125442AC.jpeg

D13FB587-87D3-4372-BBE0-53EA55379D71.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.