I am hearing that the 2023 production will end on Friday June 30th
Denis, your right about the date. For years the team has been wanting to get back to a regular production schedule.
It was the norm, to build the captured fleet vehicles the last week of June and then test them during the two week
plant summer shutdown. Last year with all of the plant closures they reduced the summer shutdown to one week, so
June 30th makes sense. They will probably just slide a few 2024's in before that date to test out.

Guess that blew everything outta the water lol...

All production dates are subject to change. In fact the production date sheet for the Corvette is still blank for the end of model year production date. The recent plant closures, the E-Ray being pushed back and the exceptionally slow launch of the Z06 with low numbers, have created the 2 month extension which could move again.

DenisC8 said:

, your right about the date. For years the team has been wanting to get back to a regular production schedule.
It was the norm, to build the captured fleet vehicles the last week of June and then test them during the two week
plant summer shutdown. Last year with all of the plant closures they reduced the summer shutdown to one week, so
June 30th makes sense. They will probably just slide a few 2024's in before that date to test out.

All production dates are subject to change. In fact the production date sheet for the Corvette is still blank for the end of model year production date. The recent plant closures, the E-Ray being pushed back and the exceptionally slow launch of the Z06 with low numbers, have created the 2 month extension which could move again.

Start of 2024 production has moved to Sept 12, 2023

Mr. Corvette, you talk out of both sides of your mouth, but at least you have yourself covered yourself with...

"All production dates are subject to change"...

Sit back, relax. Let GM handle production organically*...

*What does it mean to say "organically"?

In a way that happens or develops naturally over time, without being forced or planned by anyone, especially by Internet Pundits...

DenisC8 said:

Mr. Corvette, you talk out of both sides of your mouth, but at least you have yourself covered yourself with...

"All production dates are subject to change"...

Sit back, relax. Let GM handle production organically*...

*What does it mean to say "organically"?

In a way that happens or develops naturally over time, without being forced or planned by anyone, especially by Internet Pundits...
Yes Jack, I didn't know we were going to lose 40 cars on Friday June 30th with second shift starting the long weekend early. The plant
has also lowered each shifts goal to 67 cars from 70 and lowered the 70th build goal each day from 15 to 12. Z06 daily builds have been
increased to try and reach 5000+ by end of model year and near 1000 Anniversary Z06's.
With the allocations that were given out in June to get through all of the cars that are beyond 1100 status it is going to take an extra 7 days
of production and they are also trying to break the 1979 record of 53,807 Corvettes.
Last year the plant closed due to a heat wave, not to mention a tornado. All production dates are scheduled to change and SORP and EORP
dates are moved to ensure everything gets built for every part that is ordered.

Ok that makes sense considering no E-Ray allocations this past week.

I forgot to mention that I'm expecting you to take your E-Ray on a "short road trip" to properly test it out, to tour around the AB rockies (a GREAT experience)...and visit me as part of that, so I can better decide the "E-Ray vs Z06" debate. I'm looking forward to welcoming you to AB and no doubt there'll be a beer or two in there somewhere (on me)...:Cheers2:.

Reactions: CamsC8
I forgot to mention that I'm expecting you to take your E-Ray on a "short road trip" to properly test it out, to tour around the AB rockies (a GREAT experience)...and visit me as part of that, so I can better decide the "E-Ray vs Z06" debate. I'm looking forward to welcoming you to AB and no doubt there'll be a beer or two in there somewhere (on me)...:Cheers2:.
Haha! Actually I'm originally from Edmonton and my family are still there.

We might be able to work something out...haha

• Happy
Reactions: Murray20c8
Production of the 2024 model year Stingrays and Z06's started on Friday. E-Ray is delayed as we know until late October. They are back working at the plant this morning. I have a contact inside the plant who is sending me updated information.

Production of the 2024 model year Stingrays and Z06's started on Friday. E-Ray is delayed as we know until late October. They are back working at the plant this morning. I have a contact inside the plant who is sending me updated information.
So some 2023's didn't get built? According to the numbers about 100 vins were not done.

It's possible, still waiting on the final 2023 Corvette production numbers from last week, but they made it to 42,668 on Friday.
We should get a more accurate number later today as I have been told, they have been working overtime inside the plant to get
the 2023's finished.

Reactions: Murray20c8
It's possible, still waiting on the final 2023 Corvette production numbers from last week, but they made it to 42,668 on Friday.
We should get a more accurate number later today as I have been told, they have been working overtime inside the plant to get
the 2023's finished.
OK, maybe they built them. I can see at least one vin of 4273x

Reactions: DenisC8
I read that there will be 23s and 24s on the line at the same time this week. All the 23s that have VINs will be built.
That's always possible as it takes more than 1 shift to build a C8, but I'm not sure why they would spread out the 23's and mix them with the '24's unless of course there are parts issues. Which I suppose could happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.