From John on Midengine forum. He has several contacts at GM so I always listen when he talks about these things.

SORP = Start of Regular Production, and on dealer’s computers just this past week, finally Corvette’s 2024 starting “TBD” date which has been listed for quite a while for the beginning of Corvette 2024 production, yet now started to show July 10th as the start of Corvette 2024 production.
But let we forget, every GM schedule is always TENTATIVE, SCHEDULED TO CHANGE, so July 10th could change. As a reminder, the originally published 2023 SORP for the 2023 Corvettes (May 9, 2022) changed from when it was initially announced to later it becoming May 16th.

So again, please while this is a step forward to our thinking we are learning more, do not count on it, do not yet consider this WILL be the 2024 SORP date.

July 10th SORP fits in with other information a birdie shared, his saying there will be no Plant tours that preceding week. That makes sense because Monday the 3rd and Tuesday the 4th are observed and Plant actual holidays, and with the medium amount of 2024 models year changes coming such as soft closing frunk, three new colors, safety enhancements and perhaps more 2024 MY changes announced at the Bash, with the exception of since the C8 generation began BGA was closed during those transition times.

IF this change were to occur, that is July 10th becoming the actual SORP, this would make the first time in years that BGA has been able to meet its long standing desire (as it often used to be) to end model year production the end of June, to have the first week around July 4th to be a transition week, and to start the next model year Corvettes down the assembly line the following Monday.

Again we can not use the words “tentative, subject to change” enough times, so wondering, did you just say those four words out loud?

Reactions: HappyCamper
From John on Midengine forum. He has several contacts at GM so I always listen when he talks about these things.

SORP = Start of Regular Production, and on dealer’s computers just this past week, finally Corvette’s 2024 starting “TBD” date which has been listed for quite a while for the beginning of Corvette 2024 production, yet now started to show July 10th as the start of Corvette 2024 production.
But let we forget, every GM schedule is always TENTATIVE, SCHEDULED TO CHANGE, so July 10th could change. As a reminder, the originally published 2023 SORP for the 2023 Corvettes (May 9, 2022) changed from when it was initially announced to later it becoming May 16th.

So again, please while this is a step forward to our thinking we are learning more, do not count on it, do not yet consider this WILL be the 2024 SORP date.

July 10th SORP fits in with other information a birdie shared, his saying there will be no Plant tours that preceding week. That makes sense because Monday the 3rd and Tuesday the 4th are observed and Plant actual holidays, and with the medium amount of 2024 models year changes coming such as soft closing frunk, three new colors, safety enhancements and perhaps more 2024 MY changes announced at the Bash, with the exception of since the C8 generation began BGA was closed during those transition times.

IF this change were to occur, that is July 10th becoming the actual SORP, this would make the first time in years that BGA has been able to meet its long standing desire (as it often used to be) to end model year production the end of June, to have the first week around July 4th to be a transition week, and to start the next model year Corvettes down the assembly line the following Monday.

Again we can not use the words “tentative, subject to change” enough times, so wondering, did you just say those four words out loud?
I have no patience for people who use 500 words when 5 words will suffice

I have no patience for people who use 500 words when 5 words will suffice
1. Your 5 words could be wrong.
2. It's informative to those that might not have any idea how these things go.
3. Stop reading after 5 words! :p

Denis, I believe the factory has asked for an exception to the auto workers union to allow them to build more than 2 Z06's per hour
which is written under the current agreement. They fell so far behind last month and will again this month with another plant closure
not to mention the cut off date, that they are now pushing to somewhat catch up. They won't get anywhere near the 20-25% total
production that was initially spoken about for Z06. They will probably end up the 2023 production cycle at only 3-5%.

I for one am waiting patiently while my order only went in 50 days ago. On purpose I was hoping to be too late for the 2023 and be forced to take the 2024 model year build.
Honestly I believe either would have been fine however who knows what changes might be forthcoming on the 2024 C8 Stingray. I did not order a Z06 or an E-Ray, just a 2LT Coupe Black / Black. I am very keen to get any intel on changes for the 2024 version. I was order number #1 for the dealership I dealt with locally.

I for one am waiting patiently while my order only went in 50 days ago. On purpose I was hoping to be too late for the 2023 and be forced to take the 2024 model year build.
Honestly I believe either would have been fine however who knows what changes might be forthcoming on the 2024 C8 Stingray. I did not order a Z06 or an E-Ray, just a 2LT Coupe Black / Black. I am very keen to get any intel on changes for the 2024 version. I was order number #1 for the dealership I dealt with locally.
For one the frunk will be soft closing like the rear. No idea why it hasn't been since day one either.

I read somewhere - likely here actually :) - that the frunk was going soft close - nice feature no finger prints trying to close it. I also read not long ago about new 20" wheel options, for the life of me I cannot find it now though - maybe a google myth yet again :) and a complete redesign of the waterfall switches? I guess time will tell on all of these...

Would be great if we can have that retro fitted. I hear that Sigala Designs is working on a cheap aftermarket alternative....
There’s something satisfying with the manual clicking sound. That mechanical soft closing thing is meh…

I read somewhere - likely here actually :) - that the frunk was going soft close - nice feature no finger prints trying to close it. I also read not long ago about new 20" wheel options, for the life of me I cannot find it now though - maybe a google myth yet again :) and a complete redesign of the waterfall switches? I guess time will tell on all of these...
Not quite right. I don’t think it will close with a button. The rear trunk still needs to be grabbed and pushed down resulting in finger prints. I’m sure it will be the same with the frunk. .if it were a button, we’ll that’s another story…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.