Jan 25, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
Car
73 Corvette Coupe
Well, you'd never guess by the weather here but I felt the erge to pull the car out of the garage and move it to the shop to get some work done for driving season. Already changed the power steering hoses. Still want to figure out why some clearance lights aren't working. Ordering some LED bulbs to try in the tail lights and clearance lights. This is another one of those things I could work on something forever so I'll have to draw a line at some point. But I'll be working on things here and there till I can drive!

T

You don't have to ask. I thought the bobcat was feeling neglected so I went out and did some snow moving last weekend. Your car should be accessable with a small amount of shovel clean up work. Though there may be a lake in my yard this spring from all the piles of snow. Hmmmm. Maybe I'll dig away some more snow this week to keep your cars from drownding.

T

P.S. I am jelous that you are running your car. I towed mine from the garage to the shop due to the cold and snow.

I'm extra excited about spring this year.

My wife and I just bought a house in December and the neighbours don't know about the beast yet. I am a cheap SOB and drive a 10 year old civic in the winter and all the neighbours give me that look when i drive around in my neighbourhood. (especially since i'm 6'5" 270 in a civic... i look kinda odd).

Anyways,.. only one of the neighbours has even bothered to introduce themselves....

I CAN'T F***'ing WAIT to fire up my z06 every morning at 6:30am for work. Its so ridiculously loud that its the perfect revenge.

First warm 5-10 celcius day is detailing day!

I guess you will be loved by all in the neighborhood starting this spring!
My CTS-V sounds very loud with the Magnaflow exhaust in the cold winter
mornings at 6:30am I am sure the neighbors do not like it much, my house
windows vibrate on startup :eek:

P.S. I am jelous that you are running your car. I towed mine from the garage to the shop due to the cold and snow.

Don't be too jealous. I don't expect the first fire for another month at least. I am glad I drove it up on blocks. Hopefully that will keep it out of the water.

I'm extra excited about spring this year.

My wife and I just bought a house in December and the neighbours don't know about the beast yet. I am a cheap SOB and drive a 10 year old civic in the winter and all the neighbours give me that look when i drive around in my neighbourhood. (especially since i'm 6'5" 270 in a civic... i look kinda odd).

Anyways,.. only one of the neighbours has even bothered to introduce themselves....

I CAN'T F***'ing WAIT to fire up my z06 every morning at 6:30am for work. Its so ridiculously loud that its the perfect revenge.

First warm 5-10 celcius day is detailing day!

All I can say is, Muuwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa. Won't they be surprised.

There was definatly more snow around them this year, but I am sure barely any got in (to the corvette anyway) due to our door repair and seal job. Either way it will get muddy. I took some pics last night just got to get them off the wife's camera and post them.

T

P3090027.jpg

P3090026.jpg

P3090025.jpg

P3090024.jpg

Still snowy

T

Ah, good to see the cars again....even if they are in their hibernation units. That is a crap load of snow. I'll be out there soon to build the go karts! I now have two lengths of 1" square .65 wall and two lengths of .100 wall. Sooooooooo much cheaper from Russel than Steelmet. Whooooo Hoooo. Let the build and fun begin!

Ah, good to see the cars again....even if they are in their hibernation units. That is a crap load of snow. I'll be out there soon to build the go karts! I now have two lengths of 1" square .65 wall and two lengths of .100 wall. Sooooooooo much cheaper from Russel than Steelmet. Whooooo Hoooo. Let the build and fun begin!

Dude you need to move out here , I can get you climate controlled storage ................not an igloo :rofl:

Hahahahaaaaaaa! Igloo. That's a good one. I should take pictures of the inside when we open them up. I built 2x4 rafters, tie-down strapped the sides in a 'X' to keep the garage from moving, put three 12" spikes through each foot, 4 foot rebar bent in 'U' shapes in each corner, plus the factory anchors in each corner.

Then, the car is under a car cover and has tarps hanging off the rafters to catch and divert the water that builds up and drips off the ceiling during the freeze/thaw weather.

SO! All of that is covered. I have steel wool in the tail pipes, two mouse pouches around the car and under the hood, and dryer sheets in the cars to keep the mice away (knock on wood...please, please, please, please, no mice). Then finally the car is up on 2x10 pressure treated blocks to keep it out of the dirt/mud.

I would REALLY like a garage some day but climate controlled storage would probably do:D

Hahahahaaaaaaa! Igloo. That's a good one. I should take pictures of the inside when we open them up. I built 2x4 rafters, tie-down strapped the sides in a 'X' to keep the garage from moving, put three 12" spikes through each foot, 4 foot rebar bent in 'U' shapes in each corner, plus the factory anchors in each corner.

Then, the car is under a car cover and has tarps hanging off the rafters to catch and divert the water that builds up and drips off the ceiling during the freeze/thaw weather.

SO! All of that is covered. I have steel wool in the tail pipes, two mouse pouches around the car and under the hood, and dryer sheets in the cars to keep the mice away (knock on wood...please, please, please, please, no mice). Then finally the car is up on 2x10 pressure treated blocks to keep it out of the dirt/mud.

I would REALLY like a garage some day but climate controlled storage would probably do:D

I just drive mine around the corner to storage , flip'em the keys and leave .Takes about 10mins :rofl:

Sorry Riley too way easy to rub it in buddy :canada:

Come on just pull the trigger and move to Ontario ....its your to discover :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.