CCO

Old Timer
Aug 5, 2011
Cambridge ON
VetteCoins
Car
2006 vert, 1994 vert
It's that time again folks: The clocks jump ahead for most in Canada tonight.

Experts say to catch up on that one hour lost sleep by going to bed earlier to realign the body functions. They say it takes about 5 days to adjust.

I've read that most of Saskatchewan (not all) does not change their time and stays on standard time.

I've been waiting for this for about 3 months.:D

C.

Yes, us Saskatchewan folk don't have to bother with the time change. The only thing we have to remember is how the time adjusts so we keep in tune with the rest of the country so now instead of being on the same time as Manitoba, we are on the same time as Alberta!

Wow, I just looked at this site:

Current Time in Saskatchewan

and it appears that a few Saskatchewan municipalities do observe DST..... Creighton, Denare Beach, and Lloydminster are 3 listed that do.

It's strange that not everyone would conform but with the city of Lloydminster being partly in Alberta and partly in Saskatchewan makes things difficult.
Other cities on or near the Alb/Sask border are faced with the same issues.

Gosh, would it not be best to just leave Father Time alone, having everyone on Standard Time or everyone on Daylight Saving Time and not 'springing ahead' or 'falling back'........?

I'm being a little selfish by suggesting this because I'm one who is affected by these time changes. I feel like crap for a week after messing with the time and it seems to take my system a week or so to get back on track.
I'm also affected by SAD -- not badly but to some extent (unfortunately). :ack:

Thoughts?

C.

I know of a few people who claim the special lighting has sure helped them. Nothing works better than good ole sunshine and thankfully we are starting to get more of it.

Sounds like something for me to read up on ---- I've heard of this lighting but know nothing about it (yet)....

As you say, tho, there's nothing like good old sunshine -- especially summer's sun...... The 'vette ride I had today was only about 15 minutes but it was 'helpful' too.:D

Wonderful 'winter' we're having so far and the weatherman says this week will be outstanding with temps of 22* or more for Thursday and little chance of rain and showers other than some tomorrow.
Sounds like reasonable 'vette' weather to me and it's still winter for a week or so.:rofl:

Hope it's nice for you guys out there too.

C.

C.

We're right in the middle of a huge wind storm, 100km. Have everything tied down and we'll have to check in the morning. If you have fluorescent lights in your house there are bulbs that will work. Don't have the number for them right now, but I've installed lots for for people with SAD. Big problem out here, as we don't see the sun for months on end.
Rob

We're right in the middle of a huge wind storm, 100km. Have everything tied down and we'll have to check in the morning. If you have fluorescent lights in your house there are bulbs that will work. Don't have the number for them right now, but I've installed lots for for people with SAD. Big problem out here, as we don't see the sun for months on end.
Rob

I do have some fl. lights, Rob.......I didn't know that you can buy tubes to help with SAD......cool .. I'll have to look into it. If you can remember the tube # please post.
TNX for the tip.

G/L with that wind. Over the last week we've had some bad winds too which I hate -- but at least it blows in some good weather.
Batten down the hatches and hope those tethers hold.

C.

Last edited:
Opps! Well, at least you can spend your time during the storm on the forum. It's nice in here!:D

I hope everything goes alright with you guys out in the far west! We are pullin for you that everyone will be safe.

Wow what a storm. Still without power from Monday 8am. Same thing again today, 110 km right now. I'm blaming Riley, with his comments about old man winter. Running off my generator!!!!
Rob

Yeah Riley -- it's all on you making comments like that -- Now we're all going to have to pay for it......sheesh.:rolleyes:

Rain or snow all spring, and summer is not gonna happen just like winter didn't and next winter will start in August..........

Way to go Riley!:(

-----------------------------------

We had a summer day again today of about 21 in the shade and it was about 28! on my patio this afternoon.
Not bad at all for the last week of winter.

Old man winter should take up knitting.:rofl:

Rob -- on a more serious note, hopefully first you get your power back on PDQ, yikes, no power is no fun at all, and second I hope the weather settles for you .

Stay safe and keep us up on developments.

Colin

Wahoo! Got my power back at 16:30. Now life can get back to normal, whatever that is.
Thanks for the support.
Rob

Great news Rob -- glad to hear that.
Now if you can get Mother Nature to calm down a little you'll have a chance to get back to normal.

Enjoy that power that you missed for 2.5 days. Put the candles and flashlights away again.

Cheers,
Colin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.