Thanks guys.

The template is available on the net, as are the instructions. It's pretty straight forward. Once the test fitting of the template to a duct is confirmed, there's not much to do other than tape, position, drill, mark, and (gulp!) cut. I undersized the template by about 3/16", opting to finish with a small drum sander on a Dremel. It's dustier, but I felt safer doing it that way. Didn't feel like getting into a "I cut, and cut, and cut, but it's still too short!" scenario. All in all, the template is very accurate. I checked when the final holes were done, and they pretty well matched up with the template.

I've attached the template here, in case someone wants to do theirs. The webpage instructions are included as well.

Attachments

• Z06 duct template.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
Yeah, I can install the ducts as well. Being a 2004, the inner fenders have the duct shape already molded into the plastic. It just needs to be cut out, and the mounting hole for securing the duct is already there.

As for the ducts... I'm still on the hunt for a pair.:( If anyone out there has a bead on a scrapped Z06 with the ducts still available for sale, drop me a line.

Those are designed to fit the ACI rocker scoops. If you go up one in their directory, you'll see the scoop kit on the first row, these ducts are designed for them. They won't work with the stock Z06 scoops. Besides, when they do pop up for sale, the OEM's tend to range between $25 to $50 each. I've spotted a used driver's side one at Corvette Salvage, I just need to track down a passenger side one. Thanks for the effort though.:thumbs:

I have already made a mental note not to park beside our Quebec friend at car shows.:Biggrin:

:Shamefullyembarrased:

I’m curious why you just didn’t use 3M double sided tape to do the install.
I cringed looking @ those holes...
I have the Caravaggio ‘Skunk Werkes’ package, all tapped on, no issues ever.
Nice color on your car, but I’m not sure about those stripes...:Woohoo::Seeya::Seeya:

I’m curious why you just didn’t use 3M double sided tape to do the install.
I cringed looking @ those holes...
I have the Caravaggio ‘Skunk Werkes’ package, all tapped on, no issues ever.
Nice color on your car, but I’m not sure about those stripes...:Woohoo::Seeya::Seeya:

These things are bolted onto the C7s with Stage 2 and 3 aero so it’s really no big deal. Worst case scenario one needs a new piece of plastic. The rear piece the spoiler sits on can be changed in an hour. It would have to be a pretty colossal screw up to require that though.
The 3M tape is definitely good stuff as well but I feel better knowing my spoiler is secure with bolts.
You should come to Winnipeg and have a closer look at those stripes on Jim’s car. Good excuse to have a beer together. :thumbs:

Reactions: Z16Jim
Curious, as why you didn’t choose ‘Caravaggio’ Spoiler instead. Could have gone on a tour, and picked it up in person. That’s what I have.

frank

I thought he was in ‘Port Hope, ON’?
The stripe comment was a JOKE!
I have some ‘Stripes’ to eyeball already. :Biggrin:

These things are bolted onto the C7s with Stage 2 and 3 aero so it’s really no big deal. Worst case scenario one needs a new piece of plastic. The rear piece the spoiler sits on can be changed in an hour. It would have to be a pretty colossal screw up to require that though.
The 3M tape is definitely good stuff as well but I feel better knowing my spoiler is secure with bolts.
You should come to Winnipeg and have a closer look at those stripes on Jim’s car. Good excuse to have a beer together. :thumbs:

Only six for mine! But after one you are committed.

Attachments

• F08081D7-0519-4619-B838-90139E38B20D.jpeg
    F08081D7-0519-4619-B838-90139E38B20D.jpeg
    640.9 KB · Views: 19
Is that a aftermarket rear spoiler that you have installed? Really like the yellow calipers as well

Yes, the spoiler is aftermarket. Picked it up off Ebay.

The calipers I painted two winters ago. I wanted to replace the flex lines with steel braided, and upgrade to DOT4 brake fluid, so the opportunity was there. Cleaned them up and used caliper paint in a spray can. Gave them 5 or 6 coats. After two seasons they still look perfect. I added flat black hub covers to complete the look.

Attachments

• 20180123_170531.jpg
    20180123_170531.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170116_154608-1328x747.jpg
    20170116_154608-1328x747.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170420_123246-1328x747.jpg
    20170420_123246-1328x747.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170420_123230-1328x747.jpg
    20170420_123230-1328x747.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180123_170531-1328x747.jpg
    20180123_170531-1328x747.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 12
Is that a aftermarket rear spoiler that you have installed? Really like the yellow calipers as well

Yes, the spoiler is aftermarket. Picked it up off Ebay.

The calipers I painted two winters ago. I wanted to replace the flex lines with steel braided, and upgrade to DOT4 brake fluid, so the opportunity was there. Cleaned them up and used caliper paint in a spray can. Gave them 5 or 6 coats. After two seasons they still look perfect. I added flat black hub covers to complete the look.

Looks awesome, you did a great job. The black hubs are a nice touch as well. The cold weather is here, think I’ll have to do this in the spring

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.