This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Some Pics of Recent Work Completed

xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Okay, so here's the latest mods. I think I am done for a while now. Nothing more for 2013 anyways.

New calipers and rotors for a more aggressive look.

A closer look at both ends....

My new Vararam, which does make a difference in the higher RPM range.

And just for good times, here is a shot of the headers poking out.

I think regular maintenance will take precedence over gains in power or looks. From the outside, for now anyways, my car is complete. Hope my brethren approves!

Last edited:
Colin.

Food catch, I did the wires when the headers went on. Forgot about that mod.....

LOL, I love food....

ON second look I see no 'socks' -- and some of those wires will be real close to the headers. You might want to consider getting some.

Thanks for sharing Vince -- Here's hoping we get more decent weather to enjoy our rides. It sure was hot when Steamer and I passed thru Alta last Monday (26th).

Cheers,

Colin.

latics.

I got the rotors from Manny, pads were done too. There's no point putting new rotors on unless you put new pads on too IMO. Actually, I got all these mods from Manny. The rotors were through a company owned by Brembo--think Brembo quality without Brembo prices,

Pads were red series, meant for street. I've been gone most of the week, so they're not even broken in yet. I can comment on them later.

Colin, I love food too! I hate the autocorrect on my phone though, lol. What are "socks"? I MIT have to take a closer look. Are they a heat retardant from the headers to cover the wires?

Vince.

Totally approve! I think it looks fantastic! Love your wheels.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Hi Vince-- Corvette Central sells the socks I'm talking about-- Thermal spark plug wire and boot protectors:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050c~Z5Z5Z523044~P64.95~~~~S3VA1CBHMW99236724470a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050C

Riley.

I need a new AC core and to charge the system. The core is about 260 total and about an hour of labour, i think the charge is another 100 or so. Looking at 500 to fix, which isn't that bad.

Funny, my rad took a stone in my daily driver, so I was down an AC unit on both vehicles at some point this summer. Weird, I have never had a problem like this in the past, and then two in a row! When it rains it pours I guess................