xlr8r

Power User
Apr 23, 2012
Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
Okay, so here's the latest mods. I think I am done for a while now. Nothing more for 2013 anyways.

New calipers and rotors for a more aggressive look.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378424091.583537.jpg

A closer look at both ends....

de2ezuhu.jpg

ga3uhuby.jpg

My new Vararam, which does make a difference in the higher RPM range.

a8upymah.jpg

7azy6yhu.jpg

And just for good times, here is a shot of the headers poking out.

y5unu7aj.jpg

I think regular maintenance will take precedence over gains in power or looks. From the outside, for now anyways, my car is complete. Hope my brethren approves!

Last edited:
Colin.

Food catch, I did the wires when the headers went on. Forgot about that mod.....

LOL, I love food.... :D

ON second look I see no 'socks' -- and some of those wires will be real close to the headers. You might want to consider getting some.

Thanks for sharing Vince -- Here's hoping we get more decent weather to enjoy our rides. It sure was hot when Steamer and I passed thru Alta last Monday (26th).

Cheers,

Colin.

latics.

I got the rotors from Manny, pads were done too. There's no point putting new rotors on unless you put new pads on too IMO. Actually, I got all these mods from Manny. The rotors were through a company owned by Brembo--think Brembo quality without Brembo prices,

Pads were red series, meant for street. I've been gone most of the week, so they're not even broken in yet. I can comment on them later.

Colin, I love food too! I hate the autocorrect on my phone though, lol. What are "socks"? I MIT have to take a closer look. Are they a heat retardant from the headers to cover the wires?

Vince.

Okay, so here's the latest mods. I think I am done for a while now. Nothing more for 2013 anyways.

New calipers and rotors for a more aggressive look.

View attachment 951

A closer look at both ends....

de2ezuhu.jpg

ga3uhuby.jpg

My new Vararam, which does make a difference in the higher RPM range.

a8upymah.jpg

7azy6yhu.jpg

And just for good times, here is a shot of the headers poking out.

y5unu7aj.jpg

I think regular maintenance will take precedence over gains in power or looks. From the outside, for now anyways, my car is complete. Hope my brethren approves!

Totally approve! I think it looks fantastic! Love your wheels.:cool:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

latics.

I got the rotors from Manny, pads were done too. There's no point putting new rotors on unless you put new pads on too IMO. Actually, I got all these mods from Manny. The rotors were through a company owned by Brembo--think Brembo quality without Brembo prices,

Pads were red series, meant for street. I've been gone most of the week, so they're not even broken in yet. I can comment on them later.

Colin, I love food too! I hate the autocorrect on my phone though, lol. What are "socks"? I MIT have to take a closer look. Are they a heat retardant from the headers to cover the wires?

Vince.

Hi Vince-- Corvette Central sells the socks I'm talking about-- Thermal spark plug wire and boot protectors:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050c~Z5Z5Z523044~P64.95~~~~S3VA1CBHMW99236724470a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050C

Riley.

I need a new AC core and to charge the system. The core is about 260 total and about an hour of labour, i think the charge is another 100 or so. Looking at 500 to fix, which isn't that bad.

Funny, my rad took a stone in my daily driver, so I was down an AC unit on both vehicles at some point this summer. Weird, I have never had a problem like this in the past, and then two in a row! When it rains it pours I guess................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.