Featured Thread
You guys weren’t old enough to be interested at the time but the VH1 contest was a big deal !, Videos were quite the thing then... sometimes unfortunately even more important than the music... The fact that this contest picked Corvettes acknowledges the stature that Corvettes had in the world at the time.
Getting a Corvette of every year was unbelievable...!! And that was when our model was only 36 years old...it is now 30 years later and our cars still carry a mistique.
VH1 wanted to start up with a big splash.. it worked.

Graham

Unfortunately I am old enough and remember VH1 well. Just not the contest. The only place I saw it on tv was bars.... and only the ones that were not playing MTV. 😂

Here are a few examples of what to look for if you are considering getting and restoring a C3. Sure we would be looking for a car in better overall condition but the info on frame and suspension trauma is good to know to look at any C3.
Also like many things... Corvettes are often abandoned part way into a restoration. Seems once the ripping and tearing is done the $$ just do not get spent. So like he says... keep it running and driving instead. Good advice for most of us.

🤔Surprised “C3 week” has not disturbed @turbozig from hibernation for a comment yet .... he must be a sound deep sleeper - good for him - I’m thinking the spring wakening should be pretty good for him 🙂👍🏻

This is all boring for Ziggy. He knows all this stuff already. I always think about Ziggy when I see these vids or hear someone talking about getting a C3. He told me the story of how he selected his 70. He did all the things suggested and more. Great story if you ever get a chance to talk to him about it. :Biggrin:

Reactions: turbozig
the Olds Rocket motor was the first real muscle car when it came out in 1949. The 303 was boss on the road and track back then. The 53 pictured was not my cup of tea but if you owned one back then you drove a real bomb !!

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.