Featured Thread
Here’s a decent video on the evolution of the C3.
Any of you C3 guys see anything interesting or perhaps something missed in this one?

....the frost beige 81 was a good looking car. only mistake I see in the video is that the commentator said 81 had a 4 spd auto , not true , the 700 4 spd overdrive became available in 1982.

Here’s one @XFIRE82 would like to get in his collection probably.
Likely many of us that would.

......nice to find them unmolested and complete. I would like it better if was not a convertible and was a automatic 454 and not green ( don't like green anything ! ) . Cars like this are still out there hiding, never know what shows up next.

Here we have a bit of a late biography series on someone you may have heard of.
This series is both interesting and sobering to watch and while of course knowing the name; admittedly do not know much of the real story.
I can think of a couple of you (Graham and Murray.... possibly Spence as well) who likely could add even more details to this story but hopefully you all appreciate it as much as I did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Derek.. thanx for the video.
I hadn’t watched that for a while.
I was a big fan of Dale.. it was great to watch him race.
Here’s a vid I made back in 2011 of most of my Dale Sr collection.

The 10th anniversary of his passing. We were having a Daytona party.

Here is a shot today of some of the other #3 stuff that appears here.
8EDF0C78-9C64-485F-88AC-7A453B5FA1D5.jpeg

If you look carefully right in the middle you can see my house keys are #3 ...!

Thanx for the look back.
Graham

When it comes to the Intimidator GMGWSP Black #3 Driver, I don't know where to start ...
I can say just one year ago that Murray assured me with an offer of an authentic autographed
item, a completed "man cave #3 obsession". What many won't have, is almost
every race won by Dale transferred on to DVD's ... including Winston Cup, Busch Series, IROCs,
and a few special races as well (ie Japan). My Diecast Collection is large but not too large
however maybe rare. I enjoyed 4 race weekends in the USA and was in his pre-race pit
for two of them. I never was blessed to meet/greet Dale but did meet Chocolate Myers.
18 years now since his passing (the length of a childhood ... omg) ... :confused: ...
The 2019 Daytona 500 is soon, will be enjoyed but really will never be the same.

Last edited:
I personally didn’t realize the impact Dale had on the sport but watching you guys and all the references made about him and some of the coveted items you sell back and forth and auction off; decided I better look deeper.
Phenomenal determined man with no fear. The selfless performance in his last race that cost him his life left me speechless.

I neglected to say Dale E is why I love Black cars ... just not coming to terms of having one yet for myself. Been close on two occasions. As my wife says ... I’m a “work in progress”

Reactions: ddgermann
DALE was a tough guy that had a big impact on the Sport.
His dad, Ralph, was an influence in the start of NASCAR as well.
DALE was called the INTIMIDATOR for a reason. He was a no-nonsense driver when on the track. Very innovative with his driving skills.
He was either loved or booed by the fans, there was no middle ground there,
That is why he wanted a ‘black’ car to keep the intimidator factor alive.
Off the track he did many good things that few knew about.
For many races after DALE passed, the crowd would stand up on the 3rd lap and raise three fingers in the air... this was done by both fans & non-fans.
DALE was at the top of his craft. He took NASCAR from the old days into the new world of sponsors and hired drivers. Jeff Gordon then came along and took NASCAR to the next level as the Golden Boy. Dale jr then came to help popularize the Sport to what it is today.
Jeff & Dale jr no longer race and i’m not sure who is taking the Sport into whatever is next. possibly Chase Elliott(Bill’s son)... ! Time will tell.
I love racing, I love the excitement it brings, the personalities and the commitment everyone on all the teams takes to do the job day-in, day-out....

There will not be another DALE.

Graham

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.