Featured Thread
Great stories. Soon as he fired up the 348 in the 59 I could hear the solid lifters. Wonder why Duntov didn't have the tripower on it being a police car ? At 135 mph you had to be a brave man to do that on nylon tires. Also I remember my dad saying back then the 59's rear would kinda get airborn at high speeds with those fins and could lose control.

Reactions: ddgermann
... oh man ... unless it's with a great amount of passion of taking on restoration,
I predict too many restless nights for me ... this great video has me convinced of that

Last edited:
That Corvette collection has been around for years .l
It is the VH1 Video Car Coloection prize..One of every year ofCorvette.
A fellow won themand didn’t know what to do with them...I think they sat somewhere and then he tried to seek them to pay storage..
PETER MAX, the artist of the day, bought the Cars as a future art exhibit... I think he let them sit somewhere as well.
The cars are not, and were not, ’pristine’ examples of their particular years..they are all ‘used’ cars.
I’m not sure where they finally ended up... I haven’t checked on it for sometime.

Graham

That Corvette collection has been around for years .l
It is the VH1 Video Car Coloection prize..One of every year ofCorvette.
A fellow won themand didn’t know what to do with them...I think they sat somewhere and then he tried to seek them to pay storage..
PETER MAX, the artist of the day, bought the Cars as a future art exhibit... I think he let them sit somewhere as well.
The cars are not, and were not, ’pristine’ examples of their particular years..they are all ‘used’ cars.
I’m not sure where they finally ended up... I haven’t checked on it for sometime.

Graham

Ok thanks for the background Graham. I thought some of them looked somewhat beat beyond the dust on them. What a lucky bugger winning all those Corvettes... and what an incredible turd 💩 letting them go that way.

Reactions: YFCvii
I’m not sure the fellow was so lucky...
He was not financially able to deal with this load...
He didn’t know where to turn, or even who to ask.
People were after him to keep them as a collection!

Quite sad actually. The Peter Max thing gave promise that they would be handled better, but that didn’t pan-out either.
Individually they aren’t even special as VH1 or Peter Max cars...and they all need a bunch of work.
They are now just old Corvettes that will make anyone a nice project vehicle.

Graham

Reactions: YFCvii
I’m not sure the fellow was so lucky...
He was not financially able to deal with this load...
He didn’t know where to turn, or even who to ask.
People were after him to keep them as a collection!

Quite sad actually. The Peter Max thing gave promise that they would be handled better, but that didn’t pan-out either.
Individually they aren’t even special as VH1 or Peter Max cars...and they all need a bunch of work.
They are now just old Corvettes that will make anyone a nice project vehicle.

Graham

Ya I can see how that would be difficult but I’m pretty sure selling off the majority and keeping a few gems is what I would have done. Oh ya... the first ones sold being offered to the people pressing to keep them all. Love the clowns with all the opinions on what people should do and have not one cent involved. 😂

I looked up some stuff about these cars. Apparently the latest was there is a couple of lawsuits surrounding the cars.. storage and auctions fees for the selling of the cars..
oh my. This ain’t over yet.

Graham

Damn that’s actually very sad. Imagine a winfall like that turns to crap on someone. Now I kind of feel bad for the poor bugger.

Reactions: YFCvii and nascar03
You guys weren’t old enough to be interested at the time but the VH1 contest was a big deal !, Videos were quite the thing then... sometimes unfortunately even more important than the music... The fact that this contest picked Corvettes acknowledges the stature that Corvettes had in the world at the time.
Getting a Corvette of every year was unbelievable...!! And that was when our model was only 36 years old...it is now 30 years later and our cars still carry a mistique.
VH1 wanted to start up with a big splash.. it worked.

Graham

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.