The dealers are paid an additional half hour labour to install the recall fix in your car during the PDI which I mentioned previously. Did you ever mention what you ordered and how far away your car is to get a photo of it?
1lt
Black exterior,
Jet Black interior,
20 spoke carbon flash rims with the red accent,
Carbon flash dual racing stripe with the red accent,
High wing,
Ground effects package,
Splash guards,
Black exhaust tips and performance exhaust.

I'm only 15 minutes from my dealer. I've visited the car a few times.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1712334919776.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712334919776.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1712334910400.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712334910400.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is the latest update. Some people have contacted me for updates on new 2023's
they are trying to take delivery of. Christian was speaking to his dealer in Winnipeg again today (as his car has been in Detroit for the past 6 months) and GM advised his dealer that the fix for the 2023 Corvette headlight recall is expected the week of April 21st. The internal GM system was also checked today and it is still showing no solution for the 2020-2023 Corvettes. I was expecting this by mid April but GM has said today at least one more week before it is expected. I will make an announcement somehow to all of those concerned when I get the word.
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott, I got word mid last week that my car was in Winnipeg. So hopefully it’ll be to Vancouver this week and maybe delivered to Nanoose later this week or probably the week following.
Again, thanks for all of your information and great industry contacts. It really made the wait more tolerable. GM could and should take note! A little good information into the pipeline goes a long way to quell customers anxieties.
If you ever out this way, look me up. There’s always room at the inn.😁
Cheers
Graham

Reactions: Murray20c8
Thanks Graham, it sounds like your just about all set with your car. I have been tracking another car for Christian that was built 7 month ago and still hasn't been delivered to his dealer in Winnipeg. Your car is a 2024 so the solution will be waiting for you once your car reaches Nanoose. We are hoping to have good news for those still waiting to take delivery of their new 2023's as the solution is still a week and a bit away.
A Corvette Concierge section of the forum has been added for members to reach out if they need something or have questions. With 5700 members word will spread that this forum is the source for information and assistance for Corvette customers in Canada unlike anything else that exists.
It would be great to come out and meet a bunch of the BC members at an event like a large Corvette show if that happens at some point?
I look forward to seeing pictures of your car after you get it and let me know how you spec'd out your 2024 compared to the 2021.
Scott

Reactions: KTJF
Thanks Scott, the 22 is in the picture and is very similar to my new order except the 22 was a non Z51 car where the new one is a Z51. I also moved up to the convertible, as seeing the engine in the coupe wasn’t quite as important as I first thought. (At least to me) I personally prefer a more classic look rather than brighter colours so I stayed with white with the silver stripes. Though the first car had a black interior where this one I opted for the red. I did add the mag ride as well on this car that wasn’t in my first car. And both were 2LT’s. I did drop the front end lift in the 24 as I found I didn’t need it on the 22. But I may live to regret that later.
Anyway I am quite excited to pick up the new car in the next week or two. And hope the fix for the 20 to 23’s is implemented shortly. I know the dealership I deal with has a 23 that has been sold but cannot be delivered until the fix is in. And my 22 has the same issue, but has not been sold. The salesman tells me it is because it’s a non Z51 car. It appears as tho folks want that package, at least in this neck of the woods.
Again, thanks for all your help,
Cheers,
Graham

Reactions: 1st Vette
Going from a non Z51 with no mag ride to a Z51 plus the FE4 mag ride you are going to notice an immediate difference. Last year the Z51 was 57.5% of the production and in 2022 it was 68.6% with less constraints that year. Your trade should be easier to sell with a lower cost point if they want to look at it that way. Less than 1% of people track their cars or go to Ron Fellows so he should be able to sell your car fairly easily!

Last edited:
Going from a non Z51 with no mag ride to a Z51 plus the FE4 mag ride you are going to notice an immediate difference. Last year the Z51 was 57.5% of the production and in 2022 it was 68.6% with less constraints that year. Your trade should be easier to sell with a lower cost point if they want to look at it that way. Less than 1% of people track their cars or go to Ron Fellows so he should be able to sell your fairly easily!
Scott , quick question unrelated. What would you expect to see on the odometer on a new delivery on average? I know they do get moved several times between coming off the line and day of delivery . Thanks .

Thanks Scott, the 22 is in the picture and is very similar to my new order except the 22 was a non Z51 car where the new one is a Z51. I also moved up to the convertible, as seeing the engine in the coupe wasn’t quite as important as I first thought. (At least to me) I personally prefer a more classic look rather than brighter colours so I stayed with white with the silver stripes. Though the first car had a black interior where this one I opted for the red. I did add the mag ride as well on this car that wasn’t in my first car. And both were 2LT’s. I did drop the front end lift in the 24 as I found I didn’t need it on the 22. But I may live to regret that later.
Anyway I am quite excited to pick up the new car in the next week or two. And hope the fix for the 20 to 23’s is implemented shortly. I know the dealership I deal with has a 23 that has been sold but cannot be delivered until the fix is in. And my 22 has the same issue, but has not been sold. The salesman tells me it is because it’s a non Z51 car. It appears as tho folks want that package, at least in this neck of the woods.
Again, thanks for all your help,
Cheers,
Graham
Z51 is desirable , but C8s are so limited on the west coast and prices are so high. that non-z51 car will sell just as quick

Z51 is desirable , but C8s are so limited on the west coast and prices are so high. that non-z51 car will sell just as quick
Graham, I agree with Denis, they are going to tell you whatever they can about what's not desirable with your car to low ball you on the trade in. What are the asking prices for the non Z51 and non mag ride cars in your area presently?

Scott , quick question unrelated. What would you expect to see on the odometer on a new delivery on average? I know they do get moved several times between coming off the line and day of delivery . Thanks .
I would expect on the cars that go out west to be somewhere between 7-10 km on them which is what we see in Ontario if one of our cars was selected for the additional testing with a drive during the QC process. Your car will have to be moved to the loading area for the train, could be offloaded and reloaded more than once during the journey and then loaded on the truck for delivery in Edmonton. Whatever it ends up being, that milage will be added to your 3 year Bumper to Bumper warranty with 60,000 km.

Reactions: christian
I would expect on the cars that go out west to be somewhere between 7-10 km on them which is what we see in Ontario if one of our cars was selected for the additional testing with a drive during the QC process. Your car will have to be moved to the loading area for the train, could be offloaded and reloaded more than once during the journey and then loaded on the truck for delivery in Edmonton. Whatever it ends up being, that milage will be added to your 3 year Bumper to Bumper warranty with 60,000 km.
Thanks again. Shows 15 km on my bill of sale .

I had 3 kms on mine. 7 is max IMO. They can move it on and off a train 50 times to get 1 km. Of course, if there was some QC involved it could be higher.

• Wow
I wonder how many km my car will have. 15 seems reasonable, anything under 100 is a new car imo
Christian, go into your my Chevrolet app and hit the "Everything Looks Good" box. That should take you to the Vehicle Status page which shows your cars current milage. Your situation is different than others as your car has been missing in action for 6 months and your OnStar activated to track it down. I would expect your car has probably been driven a few times ensuring you do not have the transmission noises of concern anymore that was originally identified by QC. You should be able to answer your own question this way and see your current milage.

Last edited:
I had 3 kms on mine. 7 is max IMO. They can move it on and off a train 50 times to get 1 km. Of course, if there was some QC involved it could be higher.
I was being facetious about the 50 times of course. A normal delivery should not take more than 7 KMs. Off a trailer or train car into a parking lot and back on could be 1/2 a KM. Do that 14 times? Seems excessive to me.

Is that a guess by your dealer? Has your car actually arrived in Edmonton? As I said earlier if a car is selected for additional testing during the QC process it will have a few more km's on it. These cars have also sat around for two months and I don't know how much shuffling around they did in the lot or how many times your car was moved during the shipping process. Check it when you get to your car the first time or on the my Chevrolet app once the dealer activates it.

• Agree