LOL, So we are causing them issues with parking and yet we have issues because we have cars that need the upgrade to get into Canada. Which were built long ago.
Yes, they are having an issue with that and they are also getting an earful from dealers constantly calling wanting to know what the H is going on.
The next issue will be the backlog to get the cars out of there. It's only 50 million dollars worth of cars sitting there on this. Canadian car production has stopped.

Thanks Scott, now lets see if we can push the dealers to get these cars in and get them PDI'd. I am calling mine tomorrow to give them a ear full (again).

I have been following this as a buddy is waiting on his Corvette. I have a Chevrolet colorado ZR2 stuck at the dealership and they still have no clue when this headlight software update will be done. They told me about this recall 2 hrs before my scheduled pickup plates are on it, it's insured, they gave me the ownership and 1 set of keys. But I can't go take it off the lot. So frustrating.

I have been following this as a buddy is waiting on his Corvette. I have a Chevrolet colorado ZR2 stuck at the dealership and they still have no clue when this headlight software update will be done. They told me about this recall 2 hrs before my scheduled pickup plates are on it, it's insured, they gave me the ownership and 1 set of keys. But I can't go take it off the lot. So frustrating.
What you are describing is called theft

What you are describing is called theft
By the letter of the law not if you are the registered owner, plates, proof of ownership, and insurance. Which is my current position. It would make this a civil matter not a criminal theft. Regardless of that fact. My truck is sitting safely at the dealership awaiting GM to come out with this software update. Just pointing out the fact that its frustrating for anyone in this position right now.

I have been told they are still working on the Colorado as well. I didn't see it on the gov't list originally.

Reactions: Chief1
GM is well on there way to finding a solution for all of the vehicles named in the recall. So far a solution has been found for Traverse, the GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, GMC Sierra HD, Silverado HD, GMC Sierra, Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe and GMC Yukon. Priority has been given to the higher volume vehicles. Up next will be the Cadillac CT4 and CT5, Buick Envision and Corvette. GMC Hummer and the Cadillac Lyriq will be last as there's only a few of them compared to Corvettes.
Later this week and next the dealers will be hearing about these updates through the Global Connect system. Since a solution has been found to over 50% of the product line already, I expect the software solution for the Corvette to be completed by the end of this month as I mentioned to those that have contacted me already about this. Do not call your dealer at this point. They are being updated on a daily basis and will let you know when things start moving again. The more vehicles that are backing up waiting to cross the border the more pressure that GM will be putting on the Gov't to lift the blockage and allow the vehicles to enter the country. This information is for those that are waiting for your cars as I've read how frustrated you are. You will not find any information like this on Corvette Blogger, the Mid Engine Corvette Forum, Corvette Forum or anywhere else. This is only of importance to us here in Canada not to other markets.
Thanks for update

It's the 2023 year only from what I am seeing. They don't seem to be in any rush to fix these units either.
Priority fixes have been on the 2024 models as millions of dollars of cars are sitting at plants and dealerships unable to be delivered.
Some car model fixes have been completed back to 2020 but some 2024's like the Corvette are still waiting.
If builds are being scheduled for the first week of April, that means my original information was correct from a couple of weeks ago that the Corvette fix will be in March not April as some were saying.

Canadian Corvette orders just got scheduled ( status 3300 ) for production first week of April so the fix must be ready
That's good news and confirms the information that I have gathered on this subject. It hasn't been confirmed yet only hinted that the fix
is immanent for the Corvette and I expect it to become more official next week.

By the letter of the law not if you are the registered owner, plates, proof of ownership, and insurance. Which is my current position. It would make this a civil matter not a criminal theft. Regardless of that fact. My truck is sitting safely at the dealership awaiting GM to come out with this software update. Just pointing out the fact that its frustrating for anyone in this position right now.
Since you are now the de facto owner of said ZR2, I would be curious what the difference is between your Colorado and any other DRL recall affected GM vehicle brought to the dealership for servicing. Should the dealer now refuse to release those vehicles as well? Are they not liable to get sued as they knowingly released "unsafe" vehicles back to their owners? As they don't do this, it seems logical to me to release your truck to you.
In my opinion most dealerships don't have a clue what the actual law(s) are and simply take the easy way out. After all, they have your money and that's what they are there for.

Since you are now the de facto owner of said ZR2, I would be curious what the difference is between your Colorado and any other DRL recall affected GM vehicle brought to the dealership for servicing. Should the dealer now refuse to release those vehicles as well? Are they not liable to get sued as they knowingly released "unsafe" vehicles back to their owners? As they don't do this, it seems logical to me to release your truck to you.
In my opinion most dealerships don't have a clue what the actual law(s) are and simply take the easy way out. After all, they have your money and that's what they are there for.
I politely argued that point with the manager of the dealership. I said if I came here and picked up my truck and drove it off the lot it can't be declared stolen. I am the owner, it's financed I hold all the legal ownership documents. Asked him to let me take it and I will bring it back for service.
He agreed I'm the owner. He said they don't get paid for the truck until its released via the Vin # from the manufacturer. He said it's a federally regulated safety recall and it's all about the manufacturer (GM) and thier dealerships rules/agreements to follow the rules or risk big problems with GM. Aka they get in a royal heap of trouble if I drive the truck and an incident occurs as a result of this headlight issue. It's all about CYA... Cover your butt.
So I agreed to wait to pick it up. It's an inconvenience waiting knowing it's legally mine. But there is nothing I can do except wait for GM to update the software.

Thanks Scott, now lets see if we can push the dealers to get these cars in and get them PDI'd. I am calling mine tomorrow to give them a ear full (again).
NED, I learned yesterday the dealership secretary treasurers as my wife's uncle was for 40 years at Humberview Motors previously, can charge GM back for all of the interest that they are charged for cars sitting on the lot that they cannot deliver and for cars that they have been invoiced for at status code 4150.