Featured Thread
If you really own one and really have covered it, then you have put it on backwards. The black stretchy ones are easily reversed. My silver outdoor one is totally custom fit for the car and obvious when you try to cover it the wrong way.

The mirrors fit this way ( with front tag by tailpipes ) ...... they screwed up.

B

Reactions: ddgermann
Let me know when you want me to drop by for that "right occasion".
:drinksgame:
Well, I washed mine yesterday after filling tank with Chevron 94 (used in every vette) - still have to add gas stab and vacuum. I have never put anything under the tires of any car I've stored for 3 or 4 mths and never had an issue with them - touch wood! Please explain why I might do this someone? I will wax over time. I have a cover - brand new which has never been used - too much of an ordeal to cover. Enjoyed meet over at Graham's home in Langely this past summer: met some great guys and enjoyed my run with Ziggy up to Pemberton smoke and all. I'd love to get involved more in 2018 .

Mine was put away in my heated man cave last weekend.... washed and drove up on 2 inch thick styrofoam insulation ramps for tire pads (works great).... Battery tender on, Stabil added to gas. February will be her next wax... has become a ritual since my C6 days..She will get 2 coats of Mequiars Ultimate synthetic polymer wax, then covered again until she comes out late April. Detail with Lucas Slick Mist and out for her first run..... The two coats of synthetic don't even begin to wear thin over the summer. One of the bonus's over the natural wax is the longevity of synthetic. (IMO). Driving season seems to be a long time away but it passes pretty quick..... I go out and have coffee with her every morning just to let her know that even though she is covered up, she is not forgotten..... Guess I better take a pic of her covered too.... lol...

View attachment 12536

View attachment 12535
You certainly have "your baby" well protected, I agree with the use of Mequire Ultimate syn, Polymer wax. My garage isn't heated but I do put vette on 2" sheets of plywood to keep the cold air from the underbody. Have Nitrogen in tires so seldom lose any air.

Well, I washed mine yesterday after filling tank with Chevron 94 (used in every vette) - still have to add gas stab and vacuum. I have never put anything under the tires of any car I've stored for 3 or 4 mths and never had an issue with them - touch wood! Please explain why I might do this someone? I will wax over time. I have a cover - brand new which has never been used - too much of an ordeal to cover. Enjoyed meet over at Graham's home in Langely this past summer: met some great guys and enjoyed my run with Ziggy up to Pemberton smoke and all. I'd love to get involved more in 2018 .

Hey James, we will definately do it again next year, but I won't be on such a time crunch then. I look very forward to it, and hopefully Graham can do a meet at his place with everyone once again. Cheers!

Reactions: nascar03
Snug as a bug.
20160527_162204.jpg
20160527_162018.jpg

After seeing all the tight fitting covers with stingray logos and cute little built in condoms for the mirrors and such, I'm a bit embarrassed to post a picture of mine..:(.but here goes ...

And know that I'm damn well heading out to the garage today with a black Sharpie and I'm gonna draw little stingrays all over that cheapass cover.... hmmmm.... wonder if the ink will soak through........ :Banghead:

undercover.jpg

After seeing all the tight fitting covers with stingray logos and cute little built in condoms for the mirrors and such, I'm a bit embarrassed to post a picture of mine..:(.but here goes ...

And know that I'm damn well heading out to the garage today with a black Sharpie and I'm gonna draw little stingrays all over that cheapass cover.... hmmmm.... wonder if the ink will soak through........ :Banghead:

View attachment 12644

Your cover looks good to me Eric. Personally I like the car stored with the mirrors tucked in.... which I forgot to do.
Take your sharpie and draw an outline of a Mustang on the cover... good security feature. No one will want to look or steal it. :Biggrin:

Ya ya.... kidding. We all know the mustang is highly coveted and “awesome”.
But it’s no Corvette ;)

View attachment 12644
Nothing wrong with Sparco products. They make some pretty nice driving boots and shoes.

Your cover looks good to me Eric. Personally I like the car stored with the mirrors tucked in.... which I forgot to do.
Take your sharpie and draw an outline of a Mustang on the cover... good security feature. No one will want to look or steal it. :Biggrin:

Ya ya.... kidding. We all know the mustang is highly coveted and “awesome”.
But it’s no Corvette ;)

Naw.... why ruin a perfectly good Corvette cover. I can buy a Mustang cover for like 12 bucks....

d7c6859f2eb49da5b5b1efcae1b3a3d9.jpg

Hey James, we will definately do it again next year, but I won't be on such a time crunch then. I look very forward to it, and hopefully Graham can do a meet at his place with everyone once again. Cheers!
Well I have a solution to such a short meeting Turbozig! Seeing as we have Corvettes that like to cruise in Alberta, I was thinking about planning a cruise to B.C. next year. I'm sure we could get a few like minded "non car club" people interested!
The wheels never stop turning:Seeya:

Well I have a solution to such a short meeting Turbozig! Seeing as we have Corvettes that like to cruise in Alberta, I was thinking about planning a cruise to B.C. next year. I'm sure we could get a few like minded "non car club" people interested!
The wheels never stop turning:Seeya:

That would be nice....... the 40 km/hr impound rule isn't one I like.

Also, a 2 day mountain cruise can happen over a Sat/Sun ...... BC would need more time. Long weekends has crazy traffic. Easier said then done.

If I win the lotto this winter I would like to do more cruising.... yes, I like to drive.. the idea of maybe selling one day makes me keep km off my rare car.

B

That would be nice....... the 40 km/hr impound rule isn't one I like.

Also, a 2 day mountain cruise can happen over a Sat/Sun ...... BC would need more time. Long weekends has crazy traffic. Easier said then done.

If I win the lotto this winter I would like to do more cruising.... yes, I like to drive.. the idea of maybe selling one day makes me keep km off my rare car.
B

Most don't know how close Alberta came to having the "impound" rule as well..... Resolution was brought forth by the AAPG in 2013. Bless our then PC government for tabling the resolution for more study.... Shhhhhhhsssshhhh..... Don't breath a word of this to Rachael....

50 over isn't enough for these cars.. A passing play on a congested mountain road and we are 50 over as soon as we push on the go pedal.... If I had any power in provincial government, I would revise the resolution to have a maximum time limit on how long we could be up to 70 kph over.... Like.... no longer than 15 seconds... That would allow passing a line of cars and backing off to an acceptable 20 kph over the posted limit for normal cruising.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.