Featured Thread
Thanks Derek.... I had to take a second look at the picture as I knew there was no bottle of Cabernet on the shelf..... Couple nice bottles of Bourbon-eh' though.... The Blanton's Reserve was a gift from a fellow I took on a fly-in fishing trip in June.. the other is a bottle of Double Oaked Woodford Reserve a buddy special ordered with my name laser etched in it from the distillery in Versailles. He lives near there and we go fishing together every year.... I haven't broke into either of them yet.... The Blanton's I will drink soon when the right occasion presents itself... The Woodford I will probably keep for a while longer...

View attachment 12552

View attachment 12553

Yum... better than I imagined! :thumbs:

20170128_163243.jpg
20161016_100458.jpg
I bought the fuel conditioner and then drove it for ten minutes to make sure it was mixed.
This is the first year I have not taken a Corvette to California for the winter, 2009 Crystal Red Roadster went 3 times, 2009 Blade Silver coup completed a southern trip down the I-15 to St. George, East to Flagstaff, I-40 to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Continuing to cruise from there to Arizona ending up spending the winter months in California. Last year the 2016 spent 6 months taking strolls along the California coast and warm days and evenings cruising the Palm Springs Blvd.
Now covered by a black cover. Maybe I need a silver cover to brighten up the garage?
This picture was taken in Jan/17

Last edited:
Your rides are living the life. Cool story.:thumbs:
We were fortunate to take 3 cruises up the West California coast from San Diego (where we attended the Plastic Fantastic Show and Shine)(This is a Corvette only show) to Portland, Oregon, then home to Alberta.

Last edited:
View attachment 12560 View attachment 12559 I bought the fuel conditioner and then drove it for ten minutes to make sure it was mixed.
This is the first year I have not taken a Corvette to California for the winter, 2009 Crystal Red Roadster went 3 times, 2009 Blade Silver coup completed a southern trip down the I-15 to St. George, East to Flagstaff, I-40 to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Continuing to cruise from there to Arizona ending up spending the winter months in California. Last year the 2016 spent 6 months taking strolls along the California coast and warm days and evenings cruising the Palm Springs Blvd.
Now covered by a black cover. Maybe I need a silver cover to brighten up the garage?
This picture was taken in Jan/17
I had a silver cover Dennis. Just paint some lines on it to make it look like the real thing. Unfortunately it’s gone now. But you can buy online with Costco. Approx. $225.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3832662326.jpg
    iOS Image - 3832662326.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: ddgermann
I had a silver cover Dennis. Just paint some lines on it to make it look like the real thing. Unfortunately it’s gone now. But you can buy online with Costco. Approx. $225.
I have the silver cover complete with Corvette logos and I used it outside while in California. Its weather proof and it works great protecting the car from rain and dust. I would wash it off in the morning with the hose, then dry if off with a microfiber cloth. We were on a main street and people would walk by, stop and ask why I was washing the car with the cover on! I used it for 5 years and thought I should use the black one for a change. Don't be surprised if the next picture shows the sliver cover on the car. Boredom is a dangerous thing. I think its the idle minds of guys like me that understand. I think Spence would understand this!
Cheers

Black. And really soft. Has a tag on the front saying “front” and came in a black bag,similar to a helmet bag.
Surprising as it may seem, the covers do need a tag that say "Front". When you take them out of the bag it becomes a mystery as to which way it goes on the car. If anyone has owned one and used it then you must admit that you did try it on backwards the first time.

Surprising as it may seem, the covers do need a tag that say "Front". When you take them out of the bag it becomes a mystery as to which way it goes on the car. If anyone has owned one and used it then you must admit that you did try it on backwards the first time.

The one thing I really like about the GM indoor covers we have is that they have little stingrays all over them...
and the stingrays are to "swim" forward ... the front of the car is never a guess for this cover.
Otherwise I am always reversing the cover before rolling it out the first time to see if murphy's law will ever work in my favour.
Well, I am finding that Murphy's Law works with redundancy too ... :Banghead:

My Corvette cover has front in the back....... must have been made on a Friday at 4:30pm

LOL

If you really own one and really have covered it, then you have put it on backwards. The black stretchy ones are easily reversed. My silver outdoor one is totally custom fit for the car and obvious when you try to cover it the wrong way.

Another excuse in my notes of reasons why I have a second Stingray.
We just park them opposite directions in the garage, roll out the cover and put it on the one that matches front-to-front so that we don't have to flip it. :)
Now ... I just have to figure out how to make sure of this when it comes to covering the second one :Confused5:
so in hindsight, o_O I guess I am still in the same boat of having just one Stingray...
darn it :Banghead:

IMG_3419.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.