Oct 25, 2015
VetteCoins
Province
BC
I guess its finally that time, snowing here now and managed to get car washed on the weekend. cleaned inside, waxed outside and new cover on . thanks for all the input by the way on choices for which cover to get.
Ordered some splash guards, wish I had of ordered them with the car in the first place.. o well live and learn.
Now wondering about stingray rocker panels, anyone have any suggestions on gm parts or after market ones.
Ill need something to do in the garage for those days when I'm not out playing in the snow with my other toy.
4.jpg
2.jpg
freshly washed.jpg

wax before storage.jpg
IMG_20141230_145121.jpg

I guess its finally that time, snowing here now and managed to get car washed on the weekend. cleaned inside, waxed outside and new cover on . thanks for all the input by the way on choices for which cover to get.
Ordered some splash guards, wish I had of ordered them with the car in the first place.. o well live and learn.
Now wondering about stingray rocker panels, anyone have any suggestions on gm parts or after market ones.
Ill need something to do in the garage for those days when I'm not out playing in the snow with my other toy. View attachment 3648 View attachment 3647 View attachment 3645
View attachment 3644 View attachment 3650

I put the ACS zero 7 rockers on my car, mostly to protect the sides from flying debris from the front tires. It took about 5 minutes each side. I used self tapping s/s metal screws, 1/2 inch instead of the hardware that came with the rockers. This way I can remove them for whatever. Cost was about $770 delivered. You can get them painted in carbon flash or in carbon fiber. I just spray painted mine black with a semi gloss clear coat and saved about $100.

Thanks for the info Tyho, I checked out the sight and think ill order the acs zero7 z06 inspired rocker, looks like the stick out a little farther than the basic 1's. Hoping it will protect the paint , plus I cancelled my gm splash guards looks like acs has a better 1 also.. :Cheers2:

Thanks Paul.. This car has been on my bucket list for a bout 20 yrs now, finally can check that off.. As for the sled its a 2014 summit x and it is a blast to ride.. now I can ride in both my fav seasons.. summer and winter and I guess also into those other 2 seasons depending on weather lol

well..... after a certain amount of procrastination, I used today to finish prepping my baby for winter.... I had already done the interior and an exterior wash, gas stabil, etc. but needed to wax her so pulled the cover off this morning and got to it.... But now, after seeing mine right after it was power polished, Brenda (gf) wants me to wax and spit polish her SUV.... lol.... hmmmmm.... can you say Christmas present dilemma solved........ :Hurray:

DSCN2226.JPG

Thx Guys, It's amazing how easily I can become a couch potato on a cold winter day... Owning a corvette (and having it at home in the winter....sorry Riley :() is added incentive to get out and do something besides plowing s___ (had to do that too...grrrr). Here's what my winter weekends usually entail..... And yes.... The wax and power polisher is booked for Brenda's vehicle next weekend.... my wax on.....wax off exercise program....I wonder how many coats of wax is too many???? and FYI Riley.... there will still have to be something non-practical under the tree.... that would be yuletide suicide.... :Ack2:

my other vette.jpg
driveway.jpg

Reactions: smackYYZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.