This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Single post lift

No need for a pit at my place. Just bolted to floor.
If I were to put a new lift in I would look at the M1 first. I've had my 4 post for 23 years and it still operates perfectly.
It would be nice to not have to work around the posts.
From the pics on their website the crossmembers look like they would be in the way for service work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
If you have my luck whatever you need to work on somehow ends up right next to the post/jack/light/coffee cup/dog etc.
Still, buying the lift was an excellent investment and made my hobby fun again

Hi! Who was the supplier in Canada? I've seen Vertical Systems mentions, but not sure if there's another our west. Did the supplier help coordinate an installer, or did you find someone locally. It looks like a single-post lift (or two) will be my best option for creating the storage I need in Calgary. Thanks!

My four post is from Atlas and is portable. If you are worried about parking under it, I had safety posts made that go inside the columns to act as a secondary safety device on top of the locking system that comes with the hoist. Also, never hold the vehicle up with hydraulic pressure, lower it down onto the safety locks for longterm winter storage.

Reactions: OL Yeller
My apologies for being late to the game here. I had a local fella import, deliver, and install the lift. He did a fantastic job! The lift is great and attracts a lot of attention from gear-head neighbours. The real advantage (imo) is that you do not have to thread your way in and out of the garage. Why wife parks below most of the time and she is not intimidated as she was with a four poster. Also, it simply takes up less garage space. Laurence, my go to guy can be found at: laurence@parkplacegarage.net

There are plus and minus's with both. The 2 post would be really nice for changing tires but I love the fact that I can just drive into my garage and onto the ramps. No crawling around to position lift arms. In the summer, I park my daily beater in another area of my 60 foot shop and my Vette gets raised on the lift, allowing me to walk under the ramps without ducking and having full use of the space. Yes. There are two extra posts but that hasn't been a problem for me. I also like the fact that I can easily move my lift around as they don't require bolting to the floor and come with the optional wheel attachments. Depends on what you have for places to park but I see your point.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I’m another 4-post lift fan and like the conveniences mentioned by Rruuff Day. I bought mine from Lift King (Calgary) and despite the drainage slope in my garage, they said it wasn’t necessary to bolt it to the floor. Good news especially after their Edmonton distributor told me the opposite. It pays to get “the true experts” to do the work, otherwise I’d have a messy floor and be unable to reposition my lift. My only other suggestion is to plan better than me, to ensure whatever lift you buy is the right width (and height), both for your garage and whatever vehicles you plan to use with the lift. I’m hoping to get the wider C8 Z06, so replaced my first lift with a wider one. Make sure you ++++ research so you know what you want and what will work to suit your needs, amongst the different options/manufacturers out there. Good luck!

I have had both the Lift King and the Bendpak four post lift. They certainly are nice to have. Unfortunately garage size plays a major part in their overall usefulness and my shorter ceiling forced me to go a different route. I went with the Quickjack and am very pleased but different tools for different applications. I cannot walk under the car when on the Quickjacks but when not in use they hang from the wall and are out of the way. Again different tools for different applications. If I could build a dream shop I would have a four post lift, a two post lift and a set of quick jacks. But alas I don't have retired engineer type money...

I love my 2 post , at 65 years old I finally got tired of crawling around on the floor and working on my knees. Got it from The Lift Superstore in Oakville. Nice guys and lots of stock. Installed it myself in a few hours.

Attachments

• D9F6973E-1A6E-4725-8441-549862A257C1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: DenisC8
Wow. Wonder if all 4 posts are aligned properly. Mine doesn't sway.

ya, mine sways a bit, but that is nothing really, as long as the posts are vertical. They can wander a bit with no load on them. Right now I have a trailer on mine and it weighs nothing compared to a car so if I nudge a post with the tractor, for example, a post could get out of vertical. A little common sense keeps things safe.

I'm amongst the "you don't need to bolt the lift down" people. I prefer not to, to avoid going into my garage floor and to retain the option of moving it around using the special wheel attachments, designed for that purpose. Plus I can take the lift with me, when I move. Like others, I get some small movement, but nothing to worry about IMO with weight on the lift pressing it down. Having said that:

-some floors might require you to bolt the lift down, due to how the posts contact the floor (ie. the slope of the floor)
-some might hate ANY movement since it feels unsafe, so bolting it down is the way to go for them (perhaps Mach147 falls into that camp)

The last thing I'll mention which some might find helpful: when I removed my old 4-post lift, there were rust spots on the floor below the post locations. I've got a light-coloured epoxy floor and was able to clean most but not 100% of the rust. When I replaced the lift with a different one, my dealer said the only solution to prevent future rusting, was a "rubber-like 1' x 1' square pad" directly underneath each post, which is what I've now got. I can't see what's happening below the pads, but it makes sense the bottom metal of the post is no longer touching the floor (contacting moisture/temperature changes creating condensation) so hopefully my dealer's right and there'll be no rust. Something to think about for anyone who's fussy like me.