This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Single post lift

The single post is certainly an intriguing option. I was looking at them abt 6 years ago but the thought driving over the bottom support "leg" made me a bit nervous. I opted for a Bendpack 4 post, no bolting to floor required. With the optional large casters I can roll it outside or place it at any angle I may choose in the garage. They have lots of interesting models.... check them out online. I have been very happy with them from delivery, to set up, to service. Best of luck with your search.... Having any type of lift that will suit your intended purpose is a bonus!

My “5 inch” slab was 3.75 in some spots. My installer said that he couldn’t certify a 1 or 2 post lift on my floor. Luckily, I was installing a 4 poster.

Attachments

• 48C4C769-409B-4E3C-AD3B-F1E3E1E8E423.jpeg
    923.5 KB · Views: 127
Yes, because we were really just bolting down to hold the levelling plates in place. The 4 posts carry the load, so they were ok with bolts at 60 ft lbs. They were holding at this torque. Normally, they prefer 75 ft lbs.

Yes, because we were really just bolting down to hold the levelling plates in place. The 4 posts carry the load, so they were ok with bolts at 60 ft lbs. They were holding at this torque. Normally, they prefer 75 ft lbs.
Interesting. Mine is not and has wheels that attach so it can move around.

mine too. Whether you bolt down or not depends on how level your floor is. This is my 3rd 4 post lift, but the first that I have had to bolt down. My floor slopes 2.5 inches over the length of the lift. Anything more than 1.75 inches should be levelled, plumbed and bolted.

Attachments

• E5D483C5-460C-46E9-9F24-F13FA5238BDE.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 89
  • FF36CF49-83FE-4597-8F69-EF4FC068EB65.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: Murray20c8
An update on the lift I went with. The Atlas 8EXT for the height was a must over some other options available. The EXT is an oversize lift for trucks etc that are too tall for the standard lift.
My truck sits at 77 inches. This lift can accommodate up to about 84 inches. The single post has some issues that I couldn't see getting around. All in all this lift seems to do the job.
Best

Attachments

• 20210314_155459.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210314_150757.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20210314-232758_Gmail.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 103
Were you not terrified the C 8 would hit the roof of your garage? lol
Looks like a tight fit. Is the hoist sitting on the safeties (Not sure what they are called)? You wouldn't want the hoist to leak down an inch or so.

These M1 lifts are miles ahead of all the other Chinese wannabes. I own one and have have zero problems, and yes, it easily will lift the C8 without a second thought. One nice thing about having only one leg, is my wife can drive in and out underneath it without a care…

What draws me to the single post is that essentially you have full use of your garage. However, As has been pointed out the fact that you can safely balance 6000lbs on a three ft leverage point is hard to believe!
The M1 works well, is built like a tank and shows beautiful welds unlike the Chinese wannabes….

That will depend on your garage floor construction. The lift frames have to be bolted to the concrete so a decent reinforced depth will be required. Would hate to read about your lift collapsing.
yes, the supplier of M1 asked me about our floor specs before shippIng. The average relatively up to date floor will easily anchor the lift as it did mine ( a 2012 home build). I believe the required reinforced depth is 4 inches which is code standard minimum for Canadian builds.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Interesting, but you can't drive over them easily and so I wouldn't want to park another car under it. Why do you think it's the best fit? Is there one in particular you want?
As an owner of a single post (M1) lift I can say all our sport cars, including the Vettes easily drive over (only one tire actually drives over it) the base plate that has a built-in ramp a lawnmower could get over.