BC Ferries fares for this summer are $57.50 for your Corvette,$17.20 per person so that's $91,90 per crossing for a couple. Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay (Nanaimo) is a 1.5 hr sailing.
So strange you posted that as I just looked it up and was going to post as well. I may add for guys like my self, there is a senior rate of $8.60:)

Reactions: Brent08
So strange you posted that as I just looked it up and was going to post as well. I may add for guys like my self, there is a senior rate of $8.60:)

I'm sorry Dennis. My ignorance for not recognizing the Seniors in our group. And you mean an $8.60 discount,not an additional rate do you not? :thumbs:

IMG_1483.JPG Here's Debbie and our vette the last time we went to the island. Our vette likes ferry rides!

View attachment 9922
Here's Debbie and our vette the last time we went to the island. Our vette likes ferry rides!
Very cool Brent. Debbie looks pretty happy to be on a boat!! You see how tight they pack em in there. Hopefully,if we had 10/15/20 Corvettes,we'd be in with the semis,or in our own cluster. And like previously mentioned. I'd be more comfortable with some of us keeping an eye on our cars. Taking turns as not fair to miss the scenery. Sadly guys,crime takes place on the ferries too.

I am going to hire Mike as my travel assistant. ;)

I have only been to the southern part on the Island ( Nanaimo south ) and I wonder what I am missing up north.

It could be an idea for me to do but maybe not in the ZR1...unless I win the lottery and say F'it on mileage and drive the car all over.

Tofino has been an area i have wanted to visit.

Maybe one day.

B
Tofino is beautiful Brian, you would love it. And hey, put some miles on that beautiful ZR1 - life is meant to be enjoyed!

Reactions: turbozig
Very cool Brent. Debbie looks pretty happy to be on a boat!! You see how tight they pack em in there. Hopefully,if we had 10/15/20 Corvettes,we'd be in with the semis,or in our own cluster. And like previously mentioned. I'd be more comfortable with some of us keeping an eye on our cars. Taking turns as not fair to miss the scenery. Sadly guys,crime takes place on the ferries too.
Most are respectful of nice cars, but it would just take one idot to ruin that moment. I'm sure there would be many volunteers to watch the cars! It would be a fun trip and enough of us have done it before and can add something to the trip.

Most are respectful of nice cars, but it would just take one idot to ruin that moment. I'm sure there would be many volunteers to watch the cars! It would be a fun trip and enough of us have done it before and can add something to the trip.
I guess I've been lucky so far and probably more trusting than I should be. Yes, it would only take one idiot and with a large group of Corvettes, a "look out" would probably be a smart idea.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
The road to Tofino is a beautiful drive with stops in many places along the way. It should be an overnight stop as the ocean scenery and fresh air should be inhaled for more than just a few moments.
Absolutely Dennis! I would hate to rush that part of the trip. The sights, the smells - fantastic!

Absolutely Dennis! I would hate to rush that part of the trip. The sights, the smells - fantastic!

Yes it is a fantastic experience. I was there 25 years ago, a school friend of mine was married on the beach. Tofino is quite a breathtaking place. I guess next year will give us more time to plan and buget for the trip.

Here's a vid from 10 years ago boarding the " Spirit of British Columbia " back in August 2007. I was driving a brand new 2007 Subaru Impreza Sport wagon. You guys all know how small these cars are. They pack em in there boys !! You that have recently been on the boats can attest. This is the upper car deck. Semis underneath. You gotta remember too. This is August. September is usually not as busy,from my experiences anyway.

Last edited:
Here's a vid from 10 years ago boarding the " Spirit of British Columbia " back in August 2007. I was driving a brand new 2007 Subaru Impreza Sport wagon. You guys all know how small these cars are. They pack em in there boys !! You that have recently been on the boats can attest. This is the upper car deck. Semis underneath.

No thanks...... don't care for that.

I have driven my car down the Oregon and Cali coast..... done some amazing drives. I would like to see some more of the Island one but fine doing it with my daily driver.

Don't need to find out my lower CF front spoiler won't make it through a lower dip boarding or whatever. And the sides too.

B

Last edited:
Its not that bad as I believe they have made the lanes wider on the newer ships. We crossed 3 years ago and I don't recall it being an issue and last month we crossed on the two interior ferries in BC and there was good space as we were beside a semi and a 3/4ton truck.

All these ideas are great. Little time to do all in one year.
I'm like the Drumheller cruise originally kinda planned.
What if we were to meet and leave in Red Deer Saturday September 16th at around 9am. Then travel to Drumheller. Go on the ferry boat across the river.( or after lunch) Then have lunch at Last Chance saloon. ( maybe we can notify the saloon for a reserved parking for all cars. Also a great picture option) Then cruise around the Drumheller area. Stop at different points of interest locations. Stay the night in Drumheller.
Sunday have breakfast and leave around 9 or 10am. Travel to Rowley ( ghost town ). Then off to Big Valley. Then home from there.
Heather and I are open to other options as well.
So I'm just throwing it out there.
That sounds great to me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread