Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
The island trip is a very good one. Possibility of Radium Car show with a trip to the island. Or just the island in September which is beautiful.
Lets see, Radium, Abbotsford ( overnight ) early rise to get the ferry, Ferry from Delta to Victoria, Butchart Gardens. Cruise to Duncan and Ladysmith to see the murals on the buildings, Stay in Nanaimo at the Coast Bastin Inn on the water overlooking the bay. Very fresh Fish and Chips across the street. Small boat ride to the Dingy Dock Pub island for lunch. Coombs, Goats on the roof, Ucluelet and Tofino for a great day trip.
Just throwing it out there.
Dennis

Reactions: turbozig
The island trip is a very good one. Possibility of Radium Car show with a trip to the island. Or just the island in September which is beautiful.
Lets see, Radium, Abbotsford ( overnight ) early rise to get the ferry, Ferry from Delta to Victoria, Butchart Gardens. Cruise to Duncan and Ladysmith to see the murals on the buildings, Stay in Nanaimo at the Coast Bastin Inn on the water overlooking the bay. Very fresh Fish and Chips across the street. Small boat ride to the Dingy Dock Pub island for lunch. Coombs, Goats on the roof, Ucluelet and Tofino for a great day trip.
Dennis

That sounds like a great trip. I am doing the Radium car show already, and would be into extending the holiday further to a island trip. Lets see how many other people are interested. Thanks for posting the suggestion Dennis.

Ucluelet and Tofino for a great day trip.

Dennis

Make Tofino the destination for next year Rockit. Skip the Victoria and southern Island stuff. No Offense intended

Tofino/Ucluelet cant be enjoyed in a day. It needs to be the destination. Terrace Beach Resort ( owned by Jason Priestley and family ) would be the place to stay. We'd need to book now for next year. We'd never get enough accommodations now.

For next year i guess,Make Radium the starting point say,north to Golden then west on Hwy 1,a lunch stop in Sicamous,Fuel in Kamloops,overnight in Hope at the Park Motel,from Hope,drive to Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo. From there,to the west coast of the west coast.

Ill pull this out of the archives come Christmas.

The island trip is a big one and close to 4000kms round trip. Maybe it would be a June 2018 trip. That would give more time to plan and save for it. Drumheller is still great for a overnighter. Radium is great, but could be an issue getting a hotel this late.

Im all up for this Rockit but would you consider September 2018 over June to the island? Everythings a little cheaper after labor day and for all the guys north of calgary,a load of driving and probably an overnight stay will be required before us Calgary people have to stop. I guess that depends on mid and northern alberta members input too. I dont want to be presumptuous.

As well,what are peoples driving limits? Timewise. Myself,im good for 9/12 hrs. Have done Vancouver on short notice many times.

Heres some ballpark times from Calgary. Radium is 3 from here. give or take.
Golden-3
Sicamous/Salmon Arm -5.5/6
Kamloops-7
Hope-9
Langley-10.5/11 Pick up Nascar03 here.

All these ideas are great. Little time to do all in one year.
I'm like the Drumheller cruise originally kinda planned.
What if we were to meet and leave in Red Deer Saturday September 16th at around 9am. Then travel to Drumheller. Go on the ferry boat across the river.( or after lunch) Then have lunch at Last Chance saloon. ( maybe we can notify the saloon for a reserved parking for all cars. Also a great picture option) Then cruise around the Drumheller area. Stop at different points of interest locations. Stay the night in Drumheller.
Sunday have breakfast and leave around 9 or 10am. Travel to Rowley ( ghost town ). Then off to Big Valley. Then home from there.
Heather and I are open to other options as well.
So I'm just throwing it out there.

Reactions: Brent08
What if we were to meet and leave in Red Deer Saturday September 16th at around 9am. Then travel to Drumheller. Go on the ferry boat across the river.( or after lunch) Then have lunch at Last Chance saloon. ( maybe we can notify the saloon for a reserved parking for all cars. Also a great picture option) Then cruise around the Drumheller area. Stop at different points of interest locations. Stay the night in Drumheller.
Sunday have breakfast and leave around 9 or 10am. Travel to Rowley ( ghost town ). Then off to Big Valley. Then home from there.

OR!!
Do Rowley and Big Valley on Saturday. And Drumheller on Sunday. This'll give us more time in Drumheller for cruising and great pictures too.

Make Tofino the destination for next year Rockit. Skip the Victoria and southern Island stuff. No Offense intended

Tofino/Ucluelet cant be enjoyed in a day. It needs to be the destination. Terrace Beach Resort ( owned by Jason Priestley and family ) would be the place to stay. We'd need to book now for next year. We'd never get enough accommodations now.

For next year i guess,Make Radium the starting point say,north to Golden then west on Hwy 1,a lunch stop in Sicamous,Fuel in Kamloops,overnight in Hope at the Park Motel,from Hope,drive to Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo. From there,to the west coast of the west coast.

Ill pull this out of the archives come Christmas.

I am going to hire Mike as my travel assistant. ;)

I have only been to the southern part on the Island ( Nanaimo south ) and I wonder what I am missing up north.

It could be an idea for me to do but maybe not in the ZR1...unless I win the lottery and say F'it on mileage and drive the car all over.

Tofino has been an area i have wanted to visit.

Maybe one day.

B

Tofino has been an area i have wanted to visit.

Maybe one day.

B

And the hwy into there is Michelin Pilot test track too. Some of the twistiest twistys ive ever driven. (2007 Subaru impreza Sport Wagon) in Aug 08. As well,Cathedral Grove for a photo stop. Trees 300 feet tall !! Bring the ZR1 Brian. Make it the only kms you put on it next year. Youll wish you did once past Port Alberni. You and i can stay down below on the ferry as well playing Corvette cops. Keep an eye on stuff.

The 16th unfortunately is the Radium show, otherwise the plan sounds not too bad for another weekend. Maybe the First weekend of September, or the last weekend of August may even be better.

I likey Jeff

Im all up for this Rockit but would you consider September 2018 over June to the island? Everythings a little cheaper after labor day and for all the guys north of calgary,a load of driving and probably an overnight stay will be required before us Calgary people have to stop. I guess that depends on mid and northern alberta members input too. I dont want to be presumptuous.

As well,what are peoples driving limits? Timewise. Myself,im good for 9/12 hrs. Have done Vancouver on short notice many times.

Heres some ballpark times from Calgary. Radium is 3 from here. give or take.
Golden-3
Sicamous/Salmon Arm -5.5/6
Kamloops-7
Hope-9
Langley-10.5/11 Pick up Nascar03 here.
Thanks

From the private messages I received and replies the Vancouver island trip is best planed for next year. I was just throwing it out there for some ideas and thanks to all for the replies. Thanks MickysZ06 for the input and the times. September is a great time to travel with not as many vacationers on the road with the kids back in school. Trying to put together a 4000km trip takes input from many and every idea is welcome as its your trip as well. Once the Drumheller trip is completed, ideas can flow for the next one. Looking forward to the badlands trip. :misfire:
:Party:

Keep in mind for anyone on a tight budget it would cost a couple hundred bucks for the ferry rides (round trip ).

BC Ferries fares for this summer are $57.50 for your Corvette,$17.20 per person so that's $91,90 per crossing for a couple. Horseshoe Bay to Departure Bay (Nanaimo) is a 1.5 hr sailing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread