The all seasons stay on all year for us, for now.
As good as they say the all seasons are, to me they still feel squirmish compared to the summer tires I had on my Camaro. Having never driven the C8 summer tires I have no other comparison.

The all seasons stay on all year for us, for now.
As good as they say the all seasons are, to me they still feel squirmish compared to the summer tires I had on my Camaro. Having never driven the C8 summer tires I have no other comparison.
Murray, you wouldn't feel a big difference with the 4S's compared to the all seasons unless you really start to push the car then you notice some additional grip.

What makes you think I don't? ;)
Not don't, won't. I experimented with this on my first 2023 trying both types on the same car and that was my finding. If you have a set of 4S's on another set of rims you can do the same and try both out for comparison then let me know what you think.

Not don't, won't. I experimented with this on my first 2023 trying both types on the same car and that was my finding. If you have a set of 4S's on another set of rims you can do the same and try both out for comparison then let me know what you think.
I meant I do drive the car hard. Every corner is carved. However, if there is that little difference between the two tires, then they can't be as good a tire as claimed. Given the car I'd have thought they'd handle much better than it does. Perhaps it's the contact patch with the width of the tire, but I find they break loose too easily around corners.

I meant I do drive the car hard. Every corner is carved. However, if there is that little difference between the two tires, then they can't be as good a tire as claimed. Given the car I'd have thought they'd handle much better than it does. Perhaps it's the contact patch with the width of the tire, but I find they break loose too easily around corners.
That's where I noticed the biggest difference with the 4S's was hard cornering and carrying speed out of the corner. Same thing at Ron Fellows with entrance and exit speed in the 70 mph range with some corners. If the all season's are giving you lunch bag let down, then you should try the 4S's on your car!

Reactions: Murray20c8
That's where I noticed the biggest difference with the 4S's was hard cornering and carrying speed out of the corner. Same thing at Ron Fellows with entrance and exit speed in the 70 mph range with some corners. If the all season's are giving you lunch bag let down, then you should try the 4S's on your car!
Thanks, that's my conundrum. Was wondering what to get when the all seasons wore out. Perhaps I'll get the 4s's for summer and alpines for winter.

Thanks, that's my conundrum. Was wondering what to get when the all seasons wore out. Perhaps I'll get the 4s's for summer and alpines for winter.
If you drive hard, I would suggest the 4S's. Look for a used set online for someone who's changing to aftermarket rims and tires and you will save a ton.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.