I personally use run flats since I travel and just turned 80.
When younger I used non run flats.
Non run flats will be quieter, cheaper and give you a little softer ride. Lots of owners have gone the 'no run flat' route and I haven't heard of any that regretted it. If you are concerned about a flat, carry a bottle of 'Slime' or some other tire sealant and a small 12 volt compressor. And welcome to the forum... :thumbs:

If you care at all about driving experience and unsprung weight and the effect it has on handling, avoid RFTs at all cost. They are a great thing to have if you don't care about ride or handling, such as driving a SUV out in the middle of nowhere, but on sports cars, they are a BIG no for me. If you live in a city, you're probably a few minutes from a good mechanic or a dealership and I rather have the car towed when I get a flat than endure the crappy feeling and numbness of a RFT everywhere else.

I am gonna look high and far for Michelin AS3+ZP so that I keep run-flat and get a longer season with AS.. Tire size availability will dictate my plan though ... probably needed a year or two away though. Check 1010tire ... so far not easy to find.
Ended up procrastinating all the way to Oct2022 but turned out I was able to find AS4ZP (the c8 factory spec tire) for my C7 and the tire performed excellently on its initial run from Alberta thru to and throughout the Maritimes and return in Summer/Fall 2023. 😃👍🏻
I don’t buy certain things because they are the cheapest … but I do plan timing for when higher priced AS4 either get sold at clearance incentives in the late fall to me or they wait the winter months in store warehousing for the market to demand them. Got a set at 1010tire in Calgary … installed elsewhere tho.
BTW … I don’t intend to run them flat 🤣🙏🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: KTJF