Mar 7, 2015
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 STINGRAY
Tried it and I hate it. Seems to over rev on downshifts and useless on upshifts. Having always driven a manual, I am OK with doing my own rev-matching, would like to know your thoughts, who loves rev-matching and who hates it.

I can take it or leave it. I guess it depends on what mood I'm in. Most of the time I don't use it ... but it does sound cool on downshifts.:Biggrin:
Still playing around with heel and toe shifting. Not sure if I have the hang of it yet.

I've heel toed for 40 years and it's hard to give up. I'd only really tried the rev match a couple times in the first year.

While at Ron Fellows they asked us to use it exclusively and they would not be teaching heel toe. So I tried it for the first day but still found myself heel toeing due to instinct, and I found the rev match was revving just a bit too much ( 2-300 rpm ) to my liking on the downshifts. Second day I went back to heel toe and had a blast.

Since then I only turn it on when I'm feeling tired or lazy which is less then 5% of the time.

don't care for it up shifting, sounds good down shifting though..

Attachments

• 20150301_093107.jpg
    20150301_093107.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 4
Tried it and I hate it. Seems to over rev on downshifts and useless on upshifts. Having always driven a manual, I am OK with doing my own rev-matching, would like to know your thoughts, who loves rev-matching and who hates it.

I use it fairly regularly on the street (agree it can be a bit much in the city) and always on the track. With limited experience on the track, Rev Match relieves me of this activity and allows me to focus on braking and turning. When I was at Ron Fellows, we spent a couple of hours working on heal and toe, but once we hit higher speeds on the track, for me the Rev Match was very welcome as it was for the majority of the students.

Never use it on the street - I find it revs too much for laid back cruising - I always use it on the track. Really helps when coming hot into a corner. Been driving manual for 20+ years, but I'm fairly new to lapping, so prefer having one less thing to think about.

At first I thought it was gimmicky, but now I turn it on all the time. I love the crackle and burble on the downshifts. I did make me wonder if it has the benefit of reducing clutch wear?!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.