With our '05, the inside of the tread on both front wheels was going away long before the rest of the tread or the rear tires. When I put new tires on, I had the fronts zero cambered. I understand that it won't drive as true down the road above 130 mph but I don't drive anywhere near that speed so it doesn't matter. Changing out tires ever 10K miles for no good reason is rather foolish. If I were to track the car, it wouldn't cost that much to add the camber for the race day.

Reactions: Brent08
Hi guys....I currently have Contenential Extreme Contact summer tires. The rear trend depth is 10mm and the front 4mm. The fronts will need to be changed before the rear. I was planning on changing to Dunlop Direzza DZ102 on all four at some point but now I know the rears have a lot of life left and I don’t want to prematurely change them. So.....the question is do I have to replace the front tires with the same make and model as the rears or could I get away with mixing them up....I expect I know the answer but I would like your thoughts. I do not race on or off track but like performance.

Cheers
Kevin

It is odd that the fronts are wore so much differently. It does almost makes one wonder if there is an alignment issue. Usually the fronts will scuff the inside edge to the cords long before the full tread is wore down. Especially if the camber is setup for the track. As far as mixing tire makes, I know some people that do but I myself don't know enough about tires and wouldn't take that chance. My recommendation would be to call it a wash, replace them all, and try to sell the rears. A 10mm tread is basically a new tire depth and someone who drags their car a lot might pick them up.
I am currently in the situation you describe (4 relatively new tires with cords exposed on one front tire). I have decided to replace all Goodyear Supercar EMT with highly rated Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ which are more suited to my driving. These are ZP (run flats) which I want to stay with as well.

I am currently in the situation you describe (4 relatively new tires with cords exposed on one front tire). I have decided to replace all Goodyear Supercar EMT with highly rated Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ which are more suited to my driving. These are ZP (run flats) which I want to stay with as well.
M and C tire in Kalispell Brent. Not far from J’s work. When my cold is gone,I have another inquiry to make with them. I hate being sick.

If your wear was on the inside edge, have your camber/castor set back more to the positive with someone who knows what they are doing as well Brent. It cured mine.

Reactions: Brent08
If your wear was on the inside edge, have your camber/castor set back more to the positive with someone who knows what they are doing as well Brent. It cured mine.
Yes, thankyou that is my plan for this Spring’s alignment!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
M and C tire in Kalispell Brent. Not far from J’s work. When my cold is gone,I have another inquiry to make with them. I hate being sick.
The US exchange is a deal breaker I think. Better prices avail on his side of the line. Hope you feel better soon Mike. (I get a day pass from hospital tomorrow so I’m happy about getting home for a few hours!!!!)

Reactions: MikeysZ06
The US exchange is a deal breaker I think. Better prices avail on his side of the line. Hope you feel better soon Mike. (I get a day pass from hospital tomorrow so I’m happy about getting home for a few hours!!!!)

Didn't know you were under the weather Brent. Speedy recovery wishes from both Brenda and I. :thumbs:

Hey Brent you have lots of miles to put on with us this year and Michelle and I are looking forward to spending more time with you and your lovely wife. Going to miss you at the Panoka meet but happy to hear you will be in Cold Lake. My room is booked as well.
Get that “bump in the road” behind you and don’t look back Pal.

Hey Brent you have lots of miles to put on with us this year and Michelle and I are looking forward to spending more time with you and your lovely wife. Going to miss you at the Panoka meet but happy to hear you will be in Cold Lake. My room is booked as well.
Get that “bump in the road” behind you and don’t look back Pal.
Hi Derek - we too look forward to seeing the two of you this Spring. I have not ruled out Ponoka (that was MikeysZ06) and would like to attend it for the first time so we will see!

Reactions: ddgermann
I’ve decided I’m going with a set of Pilot AS3 + ZP from Kal tire here in Calgary. I did the math and even though they’re a little cheaper in the US,with the exchange. I’d lose with taxes at the border and mounting fees back home.
Can you email me Kal Tire Calgary’s quote on those or their receipt Mike? I haven’t got any numbers yet on my set of the same.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.