Brian.
I'm going to be in Edmonton in a couple of weeks.
I plan to contact you and pickup a DynaPlug kit.
I realize that that kit is a bit of insurance to get my Corvette to a facility that can do a permanent repair or replacement to my tires.

Seeya soon.
Graham

I think you're misunderstanding the DynaPlug kit.

Specifically the DynaPlug system a temp fix that gets you home or to a shop where inspection of the tire is recommended and patched properly as needed.
A patch is the proper fix that a temp fix cannot match.

Colin.

Colin,

Dynaplug claims to be a permanent fix. Not temporary.
In fact, here is a quote directly from their website:
"repairs were tested and certified as permanent by UTAC at the legendary Autodrome de Linas-Montlh

Last edited:
Well, dynaplug was tested in Europe and tested to be a permanent fix. Now, on a car that can easily go over 100 mph I would prefer to do a patch fix after. I would not be maybe doing 100-200 mph on a patched tire but for most driving their Corvette under 80 mph it will be fine for the life of the tire.

Head office was shocked to see their product with 8 plugs fixed a bolt hole in Rileys tire.

Now, the tool is a simple tool with no glues to repair a tire.

Some in the west know Jerry Wood who likes to Autocross Corvettes and he said he repaired a trailer tire on his own utility trailer with a Dynaplug tool that 5 years later still held/holds air with no issues. Sounds permanent to me.

If you were camping in the mountains and someone broke a leg and they rig up some splinters to get the person injured back into town - kinda the same idea.

I would once back in town get the tire patched at a tire shop if you want to.

I got a nail in my tire of my Z06 and ended up getting to a Chev dealer in BC by putting air in the tire and got the tire patched. Drove the car another year with no issues. I never had the Dynaplug kit years ago when i got this nail.

Yes, you can buy cheap repair kits with plugs and glue... I would hate to drive my car after with glue stuck to my hands and on the steering wheel.

$35 buys the Ultralite tool. Pricier well machined tools are available too if you want. Kinda a 1LT, 2LT and 3LT idea.

You pay for what you get.

Some on this forum have used to kit to get them out of a bind. The air pump is pricey and this is because it is so small. for $20 cheaper you can get one 3 times the size at a Walmart. Many Corvette guys have said the air pump fits in the back cubbyhole with room to spare. I keep mine behind my seat as my ZR1 doesn't have the same compartment as my Z06 did.

Thanks to all who have bought the kits, I sell quality products and this is one nicely machined tool.

Brian

Yes, you can buy cheap repair kits with plugs and glue... I would hate to drive my car after with glue stuck to my hands and on the steering wheel.

I have used those cheap Kits from CT. and never had any problems.
All my cars have an emergency kit ,PUMP,CHEAP KIT :D, GLOVES, WIPES, LUBE & CONDOMS. :rofl:

Colin,
OK, no problem. Since I discovered by your comments you are a moderator.
I do not argue with mods, whether I agree with them or not.....

FYI: I only use the iPad version of this forum and it does NOT show anybody's status (for example yours as a moderator).
Nor 2009CGMZR1 as a sponsor. Nada. Everyone just looks like a "member".
No way for me to know the status of anyone on this forum. That can, and obviously DOES, cause issues.
You may want to fix that.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Carbuff, the stem has a oversized head that keeps the cord from coming out.

It is sharp because at times it takes some hand pressure to get it into the tire, I know this from testing.

Europeaning testing and standards are very thorough, they have said it can be a permanant repair. Now, this is more on passenger car tires, high performanance cars that can see over a G I would then get the tire patched days or weeks after this tool has helped get you out of a bind. We all should not be driving over 100 mph and many Vette drivers ( or any car ) will probably not do a track day event with a patched tire.

Jerry W told me his repair has never leaked. He had the tool before I started selling it, I wish he would have told me about it 5-8 years ago so I had one when I got a nail in my Z06 driving it up the coast back to Canada.

This tool has allowed non run flat or run flat Vette owners to feel like they have a tow truck tucked away in their car

Yes, CCO is a moderator and is on here to watch over posts when Riley is not on.

This tool is like a road side safety kit that is easy to use, the cost of having it can be $5-20 a year ( without or with a mini pump )over 5-10 years and few have said they pump is getting used but no nails yet.

When a celebrity has stuff going on, they get more popular, thank you carbuff for increasing sales to CCForum, I have a few orders from guys here to ship out today.

Colin,

FYI: I only use the iPad version of this forum and it does NOT show anybody's status (for example yours as a moderator).
You may want to fix that problem.

carbuff keeps on telling us about all this stuff that is not correct/right. What will be next???

Guess some just read between the lines.

I enjoy selling this product as it is great to get people out of a bind if they get a nail and a leak. Save using up the lifespan of the runflat running on zero pressure. I hope most who buy this tool never get a nail puncture, but it happens.

Brian

Last edited:
I stand by what I said earlier about the Dynaplug kit. Inexpensive insurance. Where I live and where I travel I would be waiting a long time for a flatbed. There are few shops around here that I would trust to take the tire off my CCW wheels. Even then trying to obtain a Pilot Sport quickly is somewhat in doubt.

If I can get it home my next call would be to Dasilva.

Carbuff your opinions matter, it is all in how it is presented.

I enjoy selling this product as it is great to get people out of a bind if they get a nail and a leak. Save using up the lifespan of the runflat running on zero pressure. I hope most who buy this tool never get a nail puncture, but it happens.

Brian

.......and we all appreciate your being here Brian while sponsoring our fine forum as well as marketing such a handy tool.

Some are hard converts, it appears, but I'm confident, as I'm sure you are, that anyone trying this product would find it very handy not only in any car but especially in our Corvettes.:canada:

C.

I know Jerry Wood and have competed at auto cross events he's been at. He's even come to Winnipeg to compete at our event. He's a stand up guy with a great reputation. If he thinks highly of it, then I say it's a decent fix. But I agree not to be raced on, but if it gets you out a bind it's worth every penny.

I'm going to be in Winnipeg in a couple of weeks and will be seeing Brian for a kit, he's not to far from the hotel i stay at.

I am in Edmonton, guessing you meant Edmonton?

My shop is on the south side of town 99st / Whitemud area - many hotels on Gateway and Calgary Trail near me.

If you don't have a rental to get around let me know where you are staying and maybe we can try figure something out.

Brian

I know Jerry Wood and have competed at auto cross events he's been at. He's even come to Winnipeg to compete at our event. He's a stand up guy with a great reputation. If he thinks highly of it, then I say it's a decent fix. But I agree not to be raced on, but if it gets you out a bind it's worth every penny.

Seen Jerry yesterday at the new car show, he came up to me and I was with the Callaway Corvette rep - he was there to haul a few cars from the show.

I used to put on the Challenge Cup autocross event with Jerry. I won a trip to a Nascar race with Dupont / Jeff Gordon VIP in Phoenix and Jerry Wood and I went.

Brian

I am in Edmonton, guessing you meant Edmonton?

My shop is on the south side of town 99st / Whitemud area - many hotels on Gateway and Calgary Trail near me.

If you don't have a rental to get around let me know where you are staying and maybe we can try figure something out.

Brian
Sorry Brain I mean Edmonton, I stay at the 4 POINTS SHERATON not too far from you and have a rental car when in Edmonton

I'm in Edmonton for a week, so I will call you before I come to your shop.

I will be looking for 2 or 3 kits for some others in Winnipeg...

Ron

Ok, great.

I am down to 5 air pumps left, let me know if you mean pumps with a kit or just tools so I can save some for you.

I will probably order more pumps for stock soon. The current one's will be at current pricing, the new one's will cost more so will have to see if a dlight price increase will have to happen, damn dollar exchange.

Ok, great.

I am down to 5 air pumps left, let me know if you mean pumps with a kit or just tools so I can save some for you.

I will probably order more pumps for stock soon. The current one's will be at current pricing, the new one's will cost more so will have to see if a dlight price increase will have to happen, damn dollar exchange.

It would be the tool kits and maybe one pump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.