Aug 23, 2021
Hastings, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5 Convertible
Province
ON
Hi All,

As noted above I'm new to the Corvette scene due to some unfortunate (and sad) circumstances however excited to be part of this community.

A bit of history, my brother-in-law always had a convertible for the summer months in Edmonton and in 2016 he picked up his dream car, a 2002 Black on Black C5 Convertible 6 speed which he drove up to 2019 when he, unfortunately, get sick and ultimately passed away. Over the past 2 years, my sister and I were in discussions of what to do with the car, both of us wanting to keep it in the family and honour his memory so I offered to buy the car ( at a family discount of course :) ), when she reached a point of seeing the empty spot in the garage. She had already liquidated his other toys (3/4 ton Chev Truck, Jeep and Harley Street Glide) to other family members and the Vette was last.

Well, the day arrived the week I joined this forum, while we were out for a visit in August. We fired it up, pulled it from the garage, washed it, and took it for some short spins around the block to make sure nothing had seized up. Before we left Alberta to head back to Ontario the deal was finalized and I became its new caretaker. Now we are waiting for enclosed transport to pick it up and deliver it to Southern Ontario for safety and plates, God willing with enough time to get at least a couple of weekend cruises in before it is put to bed for winter.

As there are some known issues common on C5s, I'm grateful for the wealth of knowledge, experience, help this community offers. The EBCM needs to be pulled apart and the resistor needs to be re-soldered, which is the first thing this forum has helped with (and the first order of business when it arrives home) and I'm sure won't be the last. My wife and I are not only looking forward to driving the car but also hopefully being able (or invited) to attend cruise nights with other owners in the area.

If interested I have attached a few pictures of the C5. I look forward to joining future discussions.

Cheers
Bruce

IMG_0802-Resized.JPG

IMG_0650a-Resized.jpgIMG_0652-Resized.JPGIMG_0662-Resized.JPGIMG_0767b-Resized.jpgIMG_0775-Resized.JPGIMG_0779-Resized.JPGIMG_0780-Resized.JPGIMG_0788-Resized.JPGIMG_0800-Resized.JPGIMG_0801-Resized.JPGIMG_0803-Resized.JPGIMG_0805-Resized.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0774-Resized.JPG
    IMG_0774-Resized.JPG
    404.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi All,

As noted above I'm new to the Corvette scene due to some unfortunate (and sad) circumstances however excited to be part of this community.

A bit of history, my brother-in-law always had a convertible for the summer months in Edmonton and in 2016 he picked up his dream car, a 2002 Black on Black C5 Convertible 6 speed which he drove up to 2019 when he, unfortunately, get sick and ultimately passed away. Over the past 2 years, my sister and I were in discussions of what to do with the car, both of us wanting to keep it in the family and honour his memory so I offered to buy the car ( at a family discount of course :) ), when she reached a point of seeing the empty spot in the garage. She had already liquidated his other toys (3/4 ton Chev Truck, Jeep and Harley Street Glide) to other family members and the Vette was last.

Well, the day arrived the week I joined this forum, while we were out for a visit in August. We fired it up, pulled it from the garage, washed it, and took it for some short spins around the block to make sure nothing had seized up. Before we left Alberta to head back to Ontario the deal was finalized and I became its new caretaker. Now we are waiting for enclosed transport to pick it up and deliver it to Southern Ontario for safety and plates, God willing with enough time to get at least a couple of weekend cruises in before it is put to bed for winter.

As there are some known issues common on C5s, I'm grateful for the wealth of knowledge, experience, help this community offers. The EBCM needs to be pulled apart and the resistor needs to be re-soldered, which is the first thing this forum has helped with (and the first order of business when it arrives home) and I'm sure won't be the last. My wife and I are not only looking forward to driving the car but also hopefully being able (or invited) to attend cruise nights with other owners in the area.

If interested I have attached a few pictures of the C5. I look forward to joining future discussions.

Cheers
Bruce

View attachment 86711

View attachment 86700View attachment 86701View attachment 86702View attachment 86703View attachment 86705View attachment 86706View attachment 86707View attachment 86708View attachment 86709View attachment 86710View attachment 86712View attachment 86713
Sorry to hear of the bro-in-law passing Bruce. Sweet looking car.

Hi All,

Cheers
Bruce

View attachment 86711

View attachment 86700View attachment 86701View attachment 86702View attachment 86703View attachment 86705View attachment 86706View attachment 86707View attachment 86708View attachment 86709View attachment 86710View attachment 86712View attachment 86713
Nice car. I had a 2003 C5 vert with I traded in on a new 2016 C7 vert. I loved the car and had no problems. That engine is a true beast. Enjoy the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.