Sep 2, 2020
Mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
1991 Yellow Coupe
Province
ON
Any reasonably priced Vette shops in Mississauga area ?

Just looking for someone to swap my Fuel injectors in my 91 L98.
Considered tackling it myself but didnt want to get into removing the plenum.

Hello Piper
If you have the tools and a place to work, the injectors are not really difficult. Yes you need to remove the plenum, but you just need a new gasket set for that. I have had the plenum off when I thought I had an intake manifold leak. (that led to really being a blown head gasket but that is another tale.) A lot depends on your wallet and mechanical skills. On the wallet side, you'll probably only ever do them once.

Good luck

All the guys quoted above are great guys. Know them all, there’s another mobile mechanic by the name of Sami(very popular on another corvette forum). Very competent and reasonable and will travel to your place. If interested PM me and I will send you his number

One question Piper, why do you want/need to swap out the fuel injectors?
When I got my vette, it had about 115K's on it and one of the injectors failed (it was spraying fuel out of itself, but at least it didn't catch fire). I asked my mechanic if perhaps we should replace all of the injectors. He said no, he'd never seen one fail like mine did. So we did one, and all's been fine since. Now approaching 200K on it. If you are looking at a performance gain, I don't think you'll see much just doing injectors.

You are incorrect to assume that I am looking for performance gain I am simply looking for a decent idle.
Normal resistance is 16 ohms and I have three injectors that are less than 7 ohms of resistance. When I unplug each of the low resistance injectors the idle does not change at all so that tells me that those coils are shorted and those cylinders are not firing properly.
To go through the extensive labour hours just to change a couple of injectors when the original multitechs are being Fried by the ethanol does not make sense to have to go in there and do the rest of them later.

Sounds like...yep...you might as well replace all of them. I'm throwing my 2 cents at you as its good to converse with another base 91 6 speed owner, rare colour, although I think the yellow is rarer than the Turquois I have.... but I have yet to see another turquois on the road. Good Luck

Reactions: PIPER MIKE
Just want to update on my poor idling l98 and my 91 6 Speed do 2/3 of my injectors having low resistance around 7 ohms

Just had a mechanic finish installing 8 New Delphi injectors from fuel injector connection and the car is running fantastically now !
It also got rid of the clanging noise that my aftermarket flywheel was making after the clutch was redone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread