I had left a hoodie type sweater in the rear trunk, in case of cooler weather. Last night, I wore it, because the evening got cool , real fast , autumn already, :Banghead: . Anyway I put it on and it smelled , slightly, like exhaust fumes !!! Has this happened to anyone else? It had been in there for 2 weeks and it had been washed , before putting it there.

I had left a hoodie type sweater in the rear trunk, in case of cooler weather. Last night, I wore it, because the evening got cool , real fast , autumn already, :Banghead: . Anyway I put it on and it smelled , slightly, like exhaust fumes !!! Has this happened to anyone else? It had been in there for 2 weeks and it had been washed , before putting it there.
No, but I haven't left anything in the trunk like that.

Reactions: Bunny hop
Mine is still pretty new so after long drives it does smell in the garage and in the engine compartment. I had an overnight bag one time and my clothes had a bit of a new car smell. I didn’t mind but it could bug others. Good thing the wife’s bag was in the frunk 😂

Mine is still pretty new so after long drives it does smell in the garage and in the engine compartment. I had an overnight bag one time and my clothes had a bit of a new car smell. I didn’t mind but it could bug others. Good thing the wife’s bag was in the frunk 😂
Maybe it is the carpeting , in there , when the engine gets hot. Chemicals in the carpet?

yup same here, was talking about this very thing when I drove down to the Bayfield VetteFest event, any backpack or duffle bags I had back there stunk, my gut tells me it is the carpet glue that keeps getting heated up back there. It was quite strong at first, now it seems to have gotten a bit better, but the smell is still there the longer the car is running. If you think the smell is strong from driving around locally, try taking a 10-hour road trip from Mtl to ON for a car show. Everything I had in the duffle bag for my 2-night stay down there had an odour.

Hoping it goes away with time. Was considering to add the heat shield blanket inside the engine bay, but read some people questioning the reverse effect of reflecting all that heat back into the engine bay.

Either way, I have the smell too, but it has faded a bit since.

yup same here, was talking about this very thing when I drove down to the Bayfield VetteFest event, any backpack or duffle bags I had back there stunk, my gut tells me it is the carpet glue that keeps getting heated up back there. It was quite strong at first, now it seems to have gotten a bit better, but the smell is still there the longer the car is running. If you think the smell is strong from driving around locally, try taking a 10-hour road trip from Mtl to ON for a car show. Everything I had in the duffle bag for my 2-night stay down there had an odour.

Hoping it goes away with time. Was considering to add the heat shield blanket inside the engine bay, but read some people questioning the reverse effect of reflecting all that heat back into the engine bay.

Either way, I have the smell too, but it has faded a bit since.
Good, hopefully it will go away, thanks.

Jake liners?
Those are for the frunk, but they have the same for the rear

Yes, this could help. Thank you

When you buy , do you get front and back for the price given , on their site.?

It is American and they tell me , they do not ship to Canada. :Arghh:

Just found out, only for coupes. :( Ok they made a mistake , it is for my convertible but this is an American store. Do they have a Canadian site?
They do both because there is no difference between the coupe and the HTC. I bought them from buykippscottparts, but any of the dealers that Scott has mentioned can get them for you. I believe they come as a set.

They do both because there is no difference between the coupe and the HTC. I bought them from buykippscottparts, but any of the dealers that Scott has mentioned can get them for you. I believe they come as a set.
Ok will check them out. thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.