My 1965 Chevy II bought a few months ago
Driven it around the pits but not down the track yet
540” big block was told when I bought it that it runs 9.70s@135 mph
6F034DDE-12C9-4DC0-A459-81D9D569F324.jpeg

Frank Lockhart, 1926 Indy 500 Winner, raced and won on the board tracks, dirt tracks and held land speed records. His life was ended in a crash on Daytona Beech in this Twin engine Miller (two 91 cubic in motors, supercharged and intercooler) Stutz Blackhawk, much of which he engineered himself. Lost at tire at over 200 miles per hour. Lost his life doing what he loved.

195 lockhart-stutz-black-hawk-indy.jpg

Well my racing is done for this year.
A couple of weeks ago we were racing and I picked up my time ticket at the end of the track, took off in low gear shifted into hi and I heard a crack and the motor quit.
Towed the car back and took it home, pulled the passenger side head off and found out a valve dropped out a hole in the piston and did some damage to the head.
So the head has to go out to be repaired and the engine has to come all apart now
More time for the Corvette now lol
881B61D3-D048-41E3-A7B0-727A67BB84C6.jpeg
8FB9E336-7CCF-4087-B2E8-A6BFDA3CB9C0.jpeg

Haven't been on here for a while, enjoying the Vette this year and the Chevy 2 is back up and running.
Motor is all rebuilt, new cooling system, hood, tires and rims and right now it is in getting some rearend work done.
I have a new ARC control panel and wiring harness and a front fiberglass bumper to install before next April.
I did get the car out a few weeks ago for some 1/8 mile passes it ran 6.30 @ 112.9 mph
It felt good to get back into the seat even if it was just for 2 passes this year

I was Crew Chief for an all Army CASCAR Sportsman Series race team at Barrie Speedway. This was our car for the 1994 season; a Dodge Mirada body on a shortened 69 Chevelle chassis with a 4 bolt main 350 (with late model 305 Camaro heads) from an old military propane pickup. We finished 5th out of a field of 14 that year.

cascar1994b.jpg

Wow, it took some work to find this thread from long ago.

Some of you Ontario guys might remember a racer from Brampton, Ontario, Bill Zardo. #43 was a Late Model stand out for years, he raced with the American Speed Association (ASA) ARTGO late models to name a few. Well Bill just turned 80 and honestly how to you celebrate 80. Bill is indeed getting back into a race car.

Bill's grandson, Peter Sheppard Junior was part of the NASCAR "gong" show with Jack Roush, picked up a few big league opportunities but never made the cut. He still races in the Pinty's Late Model Series.

This is Bill's new #43 for the OSCAR Hot Rod Division. Best of luck Bill.

277107781_1079158582645575_8254287496981258079_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.