I got to put about 100 miles on a friend's 2019 650 hp Corvette yesterday. Nice ride for sure. The doctor says that my adrenaline levels should be down to normal in a few days.
John, Keith & Z06.jpg

Last edited:
At my Red Deer A&W stop this morning ...
I definitely know the dealership is pretty happy when you buy a Lamborghini 😁
Met a fella there who was in for service and was grinning and bearing his thoughts of almost having to finance his service bill (he didn’t elaborate much further).
I was checking out an over-priced used C7 ZR1 at the time .... 🤪
View attachment 31410
You should see what’s inside. They trailered an Aventador to the “ riding for a cure event” which I attended earlier this year. If I recall had 800km on car for sale at $50k off!!!!! I think it dropped price to $600k....so I passed....

Did you get some time in with the roof panel off ?
No time with the roof off but did have the windows down. The roof is the clear see through type. Looks black from the outside but looks blue when looking up at the sky from the inside. It gives the car a pretty open, airy feel when driving. Our car has the solid roof with the lift out panel. My wife is fair skinned and burns to a crisp when in the sun. As a result, we seldom ever have the roof out. I take it out once in a while to condition the rubber seals and that is about the only time that the roof gets pulled.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Well, given the forecast for this weekend, I've bit the bullet and picked the rest of my tomatoes and peppers. It was a great year here for everything vegetable except corn... That was wasted seed. I am slowly learning that the raised bed I grow tomatoes and peppers in, regularly had produced way more than both myself and my friends can eat. Not many tomatoes ever reach a ripe stage here as I am more of a fan of frying them when they are green with spice and melted cheese. I only had two tomato plants, two jalepeno plants and two thai pepper plants this year. Guessing at the yields cause I've eaten most of them through the summer, the two tomato plants produced about 75 tomatoes total, the jalepenos and the thai peppers about 50 each. Giving lots of peppers away and just finished pickling the rest for eating through the winter. Will plant the same number next year and hope they produce the same.... This was what I pickled today...
jalepeno.jpg

Well, given the forecast for this weekend, I've bit the bullet and picked the rest of my tomatoes and peppers. It was a great year here for everything vegetable except corn... That was wasted seed. I am slowly learning that the raised bed I grow tomatoes and peppers in, regularly had produced way more than both myself and my friends can eat. Not many tomatoes ever reach a ripe stage here as I am more of a fan of frying them when they are green with spice and melted cheese. I only had two tomato plants, two jalepeno plants and two thai pepper plants this year. Guessing at the yields cause I've eaten most of them through the summer, the two tomato plants produced about 75 tomatoes total, the jalepenos and the thai peppers about 50 each. Giving lots of peppers away and just finished pickling the rest for eating through the winter. Will plant the same number next year and hope they produce the same.... This was what I pickled today...
View attachment 31838
Don't hold yourself back and plant lots more next year @Rruuff Day
There's an Apple Picking Cruise Event in the East on Oct 12th.
If the same for next year, you can create an inaugural Alberta Cruise
for us to bring a lunch/snack item to your place about the same time.
and then we can see ...

"how many pecks of perfect peppers can potluck-picnic people pick" :joyful:

Last edited:
Well I arrived at my house in Jomtiem Thailand this evening. First time I have actually seen it. Wow it’s really amazing.
The lovely housekeeper Gam has been stocking the place up for the last couple weeks for me in prep for my arrival.

So..... what do I do? Jumped straight into my pool.
Passport... 2 sets of earbuds done ✅
Might salvage the passport but wow the ink is really sketchy on my Indonesian visas. 😂😂😂 Thai one looks ok so far.
D05661D1-FE76-4D22-9BE1-16C3B0553DC1.jpeg

I’ll post some more pics tomorrow. Now I’m trying to find my room....

Well I arrived at my house in Jomtiem Thailand this evening. First time I have actually seen it. Wow it’s really amazing.
The lovely housekeeper Gam has been stocking the place up for the last couple weeks for me in prep for my arrival.

So..... what do I do? Jumped straight into my pool.
Passport... 2 sets of earbuds done ✅
Might salvage the passport but wow the ink is really sketchy on my Indonesian visas. 😂😂😂 Thai one looks ok so far.
View attachment 31883

I’ll post some more pics tomorrow. Now I’m trying to find my room....
Enjoy Thailand 😁👍🏻.
Looking forward to random pictures from there ...
You gotta remember you are not jumping into the pool here in Canada at this time of the year ...
where the contents of your pockets actually stand a much better chance of not getting soaked.
1569512627196.gif

Last edited:
This is fairly random. Getting getting settled into my "new to me" house in Thailand. Spent my first day there yesterday and It's already feeling like home. Of course, I needed to add a few things to help with that feeling.

Was an entire day of deliveries.

Where there was nothing... Ok a Plant or 2.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_44e8.jpg

There is now beer... and tunes
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4572.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4587.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_455d.jpg

Popcorn and wine....mandatory in the cave.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_456d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4575.jpg

Little TV delivered...

My actual new ride... First time on a bicycle in 30 years? They sure are different these days.
SDq5Sr0%RDW2OOFj0vYOGA_thumb_453e.jpg

Love my new place but really feels like I should be driving the Corvette here. So sunny and warm. Still, a few things being assembled.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4588.jpg

Reminds me... I have to set up the new BBQ.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4589.jpg

Get moving Spence... the first 100 beers will go quickly. :Biggrin: :Cheers2:

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4577.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4577.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
This is fairly random. Getting getting settled into my "new to me" house in Thailand. Spent my first day there yesterday and It's already feeling like home. Of course, I needed to add a few things to help with that feeling.

Was an entire day of deliveries.

Where there was nothing... Ok a Plant or 2.
View attachment 31940

There is now beer... and tunes
View attachment 31941

View attachment 31942
View attachment 31943
Popcorn and wine....mandatory in the cave.

View attachment 31947

View attachment 31944
Little TV delivered...

My actual new ride... First time on a bicycle in 30 years? They sure are different these days.
View attachment 31946

Love my new place but really feels like I should be driving the Corvette here. So sunny and warm. Still, a few things being assembled.
View attachment 31948

Reminds me... I have to set up the new BBQ.
View attachment 31951

Get moving Spence... the first 100 beers will go quickly. :Biggrin: :Cheers2:
Now,just to find some CF for that sick looking bike you got there. The beer fridge looks similar to the one I had in my room while working at Lake Louise. 😉 Only mine was filled with Kokanee.

One thing I’m liking though is the fancy sock dryer ! 😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann

Users who are viewing this thread