1916 Chevy at GSL.
8AB219AC-2556-41EB-9CC8-487FAFF42B9D.jpeg
E4816579-0A00-4ED9-B669-BCE2C1EE7414.jpeg
3E50C369-935A-4C71-9A38-5C8AABB6E2F6.jpeg

Wow, that pic brought back some memories. I had to operate one of those back in 1979 for 3 days, at a Mental Hospital, when I was in the Massachusetts National Guard. My unit was called up after the State Nurses went on strike.

I certainly wasn’t expecting to see that in the corner of a car dealership. It looked to be in pristine condition.

As soon as I saw this,my thoughts went to the Humboldt Broncos as this is the bus company that was operating the bus that day.

I spoke to the driver for about a 1/2 hr and what a story he had to tell. I don’t recall anything in the paper or news about this but it seems like some of the kids hockey gear went missing by people who stopped and then carried on. Talk about a cold cold world we live in.

27C1C2AC-0E78-4722-9248-D7AFC050E163.jpeg

Thank you so much for the "Deal of the Century" pics, Mikey!

It is a great story, but what is often missed is just how much $25k was in those days. The average income of working-class folk was around $3,000 a year.

In the follow up pictures I also have to say that I am always glad to see your dad too, even if it is just in pictures. He is a wonderful man! You tell him I have something special coming for him. My wife is going fishing again at the end of the month.

Your co-worker's new project is a score! Front-engine, rear-drive, light-body, two-door, and a world of potential both drag or track! Keep us posted on what he does with that!

One of our managers is a car guy. He has 3 Vettes (62,63 Coupe, 78 pace car)

I come back from my early jobs and see this on his trailer. A 1970 Vauxhall Viva GT. Not sure what his plans are for it as I haven’t seen him yet. These are some pretty small tires/rims.
View attachment 29893View attachment 29894View attachment 29895View attachment 29896View attachment 29897View attachment 29898View attachment 29899

Wow that’s a pretty rare find. Looks decent too. Ya as @Jeremiad mentioned keep us updated man.

In the follow up pictures I also have to say that I am always glad to see your dad too, even if it is just in pictures. He is a wonderful man! You tell him I have something special coming for him. My wife is going fishing again at the end of the month.

Thanks Jordy. That’s a really thoughtful gesture from both your wife and yourself,,,thank you. I know he appreciated the previous stash you gifted him with. He was very humble on the way home that night.

Dad was happy to see you again in Airdrie as well as meeting Al @Cariboocreek too. He really enjoyed that morning with both you guys.

I’ll tell ya what J,when you have a little free time after your wife gets back,surprise him with a visit toting some fresh fish,I’m sure that’ll be thrill for him.

He’s fresh from the Rockyview Hospital after getting his left knee replaced on Monday. We brought him home on Wednesday so it’ll be awhile before he’s mobile. It took us 10 mins to get him out of his car. I’ll pass the news onto Mom though. She can keep secrets !!